Could Prado replace Musquin?

SWOHIO GUY
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2019 12:21pm
Prado hinted at the possibility of coming to the US next year in order to stay on the 250 around the time of MXofN. I know it sounds crazy but I believe Marvin’s deal ends at the end of 2020 and he will be going on 30. Could Prado ride the 250 for a year then take over Marvin’s spot? Could this be one of Decoster’s last middle fingers to the Euros?
|
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
1/24/2019 7:35pm
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
Prado hinted at the possibility of coming to the US next year in order to stay on the 250 around the time of MXofN. I know...
Prado hinted at the possibility of coming to the US next year in order to stay on the 250 around the time of MXofN. I know it sounds crazy but I believe Marvin’s deal ends at the end of 2020 and he will be going on 30. Could Prado ride the 250 for a year then take over Marvin’s spot? Could this be one of Decoster’s last middle fingers to the Euros?
Prada doesn’t want to come here unless they make him move up. Prado and Herlings are tight and he doesn’t want to do supercross.

If he doesn’t want to race a 450 in the GPS, why would he come here and race 450 sx?

Roger know longer runs the team, Ian Harrison does.
Helda
1/24/2019 7:39pm
I thought Prado and AC where tight???
SWOHIO GUY
1/24/2019 7:40pm
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
Prado hinted at the possibility of coming to the US next year in order to stay on the 250 around the time of MXofN. I know...
UpTiTe wrote:
Prada doesn’t want to come here unless they make him move up. Prado and Herlings are tight and he doesn’t want to do supercross. If he...
Prada doesn’t want to come here unless they make him move up. Prado and Herlings are tight and he doesn’t want to do supercross.

If he doesn’t want to race a 450 in the GPS, why would he come here and race 450 sx?

Ride the 250 for a year in Supercross/Motocross while his body gets bigger and stronger and 2021 jump on the 450. The kids speed is unreal and ability to holeshot consistently would come very well in handy in Supercross.

The Shop

Akira
1/24/2019 7:44pm
LOL, he'll come only if MX2 is no longer an option for him there in 2020 and that's to stay in the 250 for at the very least 2+ years
jeffro503
1/24/2019 7:50pm
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
Prada doesn’t want to come here unless they make him move up. Prado and Herlings are tight and he doesn’t want to do supercross. If he...

G.....I don't think Jorge and Jeffrey are tight at all. I think him and AC are pretty tight though.

As far as Jorge coming here , if they force him to move up over there , he may not feel ready to jump on a 450. I wouldn't either at his age and size! At least over here , it could give him a few more years on a 250 , and move up when he feel's he's ready. I have mixed feeling's on it. I want to see him become a multi time GP champion , but I'd also really dig him coming here. I'm a huge fan of that kid and have been since he moved up and out of the 85cc class. His 125 races are what really made me dig that kid!
SWOHIO GUY
1/24/2019 7:58pm
I know the FIM contradicts itself all the time, but why put this rule in place to prevent a champion sandbagging in the class(I don’t think Prado would be sandbagging by the way), then make an exception when the time comes? I also don’t think Prado wants to deal with the Bullet as a undersized 19 year old.
Motoxdoc
1/24/2019 8:04pm
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
Why would that be a middle finger to the Euros?...and what was DeCoster's previous middle fingers to the Euros?
SWOHIO GUY
1/24/2019 8:09pm
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
Motoxdoc wrote:
Why would that be a middle finger to the Euros?...and what was DeCoster's previous middle fingers to the Euros?
Racing the 1980 MXofN for Belgium then coaching the US team for the next 13 years to victory is a start. Getting Albertyn to come over here.
Jrewing
1/24/2019 8:21pm
I'd say Prado jumped ship to Decarli to avoid being second fiddle to the bullet. Either way he's playing second fiddle for many years.
Prado is too runt like to mix it with the big boys.
BR8ES
1/24/2019 8:22pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2019 8:22pm
Its Prado and AC, not Herlings... Prado is the future.
1/24/2019 9:24pm
UpTiTe wrote:

Know way!!
kage173
1/26/2019 9:04am
You'd have to be pretty special to only race 1 year in 250 sx then move up. Has any euro done it? JMB?

Prado wouldn't last long with that strategy

Anyway I doubt itll happen. Hes got a good mxgp career ahead of him.
BobPA
1/26/2019 9:46am
Jrewing wrote:
I'd say Prado jumped ship to Decarli to avoid being second fiddle to the bullet. Either way he's playing second fiddle for many years. Prado is...
I'd say Prado jumped ship to Decarli to avoid being second fiddle to the bullet. Either way he's playing second fiddle for many years.
The dude is the defending MX2 champ.....

RC was not exactly the largest bro to ever swing a leg ove a bike...
SWOHIO GUY
1/26/2019 10:27am
kage173 wrote:
You'd have to be pretty special to only race 1 year in 250 sx then move up. Has any euro done it? JMB? Prado wouldn't last...
You'd have to be pretty special to only race 1 year in 250 sx then move up. Has any euro done it? JMB?

Maybe a deal where he moves up to the 450 in MX in 2021 and has another year to master SX. I am not sure how the money is in Europe compared to here but if KTM North America makes an offer he can’t refuse then it could totally happen. The kid has serious skills on a bike and I feel his skill set would do well in SX, he gets great starts, and has an effortless way of riding.
1/26/2019 10:49am
i dont see Prado coming over at all , dude is at deCarli and Cairoli is his current mentor . i remember Prado saying he feels good at europe and has no desire to leave at all . I think they will make a exception for him when he wins it again and stays at MXGP ...
crowe176
1/26/2019 10:49am
Is it safe to say we're seeing, or going to see less and less GP/Euro's with dreams of coming to race in the US? I don't know what kind of money GP guys get compared to US guys, but if it's not far off, I don't know that I would want to come here and deal with the schedule on top of having to risk injury basically learning a new style of racing that doesn't leave a lot of room for error..

I'm surprised we don't hear of or see more Americans exploring the GP route.
ruy
1/26/2019 11:54am Edited Date/Time 1/26/2019 11:57am

1º Jorge had agreed with KTM to go to USA in 2019. But Prado changed it last summer before finishing MX2, to continue in Europe.

2º He is prepared a lot this year for win MX2 and go MXGP next year, if at final 2019 session the level in 450 is not good , maybe he will go to USA in 250

3º He finish contract with KTM at the end of 2021 session

4º He like live in Italy and training with Cairoli and Team De Carli.

I think Prado win this year MX2 again, and go to MXGP next year and ride for the win in the first year, after win the MXGP one o more times he moves to win in USA, if he go to USA is for the Supercross.
He likes Supercross, he's good at it, and it's his childhood dream.
But, he does not like the US Motocross tracks for to train, he says they are fixed every day and he prefers them to be bumpy, with ruts, broken.
If he moves to USA, he will win, because wherever he goes, he wins.
I would not be surprised if he after go to the USA and win, return to Europe to get back to racing here.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/JorgePrado61FansClub/photos/?tab=album&albu…
St Ann More
1/26/2019 11:55am Edited Date/Time 1/26/2019 12:00pm
Jrewing wrote:
I'd say Prado jumped ship to Decarli to avoid being second fiddle to the bullet. Either way he's playing second fiddle for many years. Prado is...
Wasn't the move to De Carli was more a Jonass/Prado rivalry under the tent?
drt410
1/26/2019 11:59am
kage173 wrote:
You'd have to be pretty special to only race 1 year in 250 sx then move up. Has any euro done it? JMB? Prado wouldn't last...

Reed...
St Ann More
1/26/2019 12:03pm
kage173 wrote:

drt410 wrote:
Reed...
... is Australian! Wink
drt410
1/26/2019 12:04pm Edited Date/Time 1/26/2019 12:16pm
crowe176 wrote:
Is it safe to say we're seeing, or going to see less and less GP/Euro's with dreams of coming to race in the US? I don't...
Is it safe to say we're seeing, or going to see less and less GP/Euro's with dreams of coming to race in the US? I don't know what kind of money GP guys get compared to US guys, but if it's not far off, I don't know that I would want to come here and deal with the schedule on top of having to risk injury basically learning a new style of racing that doesn't leave a lot of room for error..

I'm surprised we don't hear of or see more Americans exploring the GP route.
Even though most of us who raced mx have a sweet spot for it the fact is supercross is the pinnacle of dirt bike racing whether you or I like it more or not, thats the draw and thats reality. Thats why Roczen is the biggest name in pro mx/sx. Prado said his childhood dream was to race sx, but he ended up really liking the gps. Seeing that the US scene just poached both lawrence brothers who are the top prospects in the world I think well be alright.

Thats 2 Australians plus Jo Shimoda the top Japanese prospect...ever, primed to go pro here soon as well. Herlings dream was to come to the us too, Im glad him and Prado changed their minds so that way both series have their own stars/draw. As a fan it would probably be best if all the top riders were in the same series, but at the same time it gives us more options of races to watch. Roczen was the top prospect in the world that the gps lost so Im glad Herlings stayed to even things up.
Motofinne
1/26/2019 12:06pm
Its impossible to know about Prado and his plans. 1 year ago he said that he will stay, then he said this fall that he might go.

Who knows. Either way, the kid is a huge talent and will do very good wherever he races!
Yeti365
1/26/2019 12:20pm
I would personally love to see Prado make it out here to race in our series.

As a fan, I'd think he'd be a great addition.
bigk218
Fantasy
3155th
1/26/2019 1:48pm
Ktm should give the ride to a US privateer, do some sort of documentary on the experience and do it that way...
kage173
1/26/2019 4:17pm Edited Date/Time 1/26/2019 4:24pm

Post a reply to: Could Prado replace Musquin?

The Latest