Could JGR shutdown in the near future?

mauidex
1/26/2019 8:11am Edited Date/Time 1/26/2019 8:13am
drt410 wrote:
Dungey, Roczen? How does the smartop team turn a profit but JGR cant? I think Suzuki should be giving them full factory support if JGR went...
Dungey, Roczen?

How does the smartop team turn a profit but JGR cant? I think Suzuki should be giving them full factory support if JGR went away theyd have 0 factory effort. They may be holding on fine now, but thatd be a hellll of a lot of lost exposure, considering Suzukis are pretty rare at the track nowadays. I know they make plenty of money in other areas, but so does Honda. Honda doesnt make any excuses.

Suzuki should update the 85 and then throw a 65 top end on the 85 bottom end like Yamaha did to get those mini sales. Their 250/450 are still pretty good bikes and theyre verrrry close to being competitive it wouldnt take much. 2 strokes are cheap to make too so I think they could recoup some lost sales from the bigger bikes with little bikes.
MCR isn't making a profit FROM the race team.........it all is advertising expenses for his own brand of which he surely is in the black or wouldn't continue..........and its sounding like JGR is tired of, or will not in the future fund a sx/mx team from their own bank account as RACING is the team business
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3665th
1/26/2019 9:04am
mauidex wrote:
MCR isn't making a profit FROM the race team.........it all is advertising expenses for his own brand of which he surely is in the black or...
MCR isn't making a profit FROM the race team.........it all is advertising expenses for his own brand of which he surely is in the black or wouldn't continue..........and its sounding like JGR is tired of, or will not in the future fund a sx/mx team from their own bank account as RACING is the team business
Mcr is more of a factory support effort. JGR is factory suzuki they shouldn’t have to be footing most of the bill. It seems like suzuki needs to step it up a notch and help them a little more. Probably was a little easier and cheaper for RCH as they only had two riders. With 4 added 250 riders otnpeobably gets very expensive.
mauidex
1/26/2019 9:15am
CrGuy2T wrote:
Mcr is more of a factory support effort. JGR is factory suzuki they shouldn’t have to be footing most of the bill. It seems like suzuki...
Mcr is more of a factory support effort. JGR is factory suzuki they shouldn’t have to be footing most of the bill. It seems like suzuki needs to step it up a notch and help them a little more. Probably was a little easier and cheaper for RCH as they only had two riders. With 4 added 250 riders otnpeobably gets very expensive.
well sounds like it really doesn't matter what you call it JGR is not getting enough support from the factory in the form of $$$$$$ to continue...................Suzuki quit and then came back with RCH, a FACTORY team as well and even though winning with a top level guy RCH couldn't continue without outside funding..........looks like same story different book again...........it seems Suzuki isn't too concerned
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3665th
1/26/2019 9:29am
mauidex wrote:
well sounds like it really doesn't matter what you call it JGR is not getting enough support from the factory in the form of $$$$$$ to...
well sounds like it really doesn't matter what you call it JGR is not getting enough support from the factory in the form of $$$$$$ to continue...................Suzuki quit and then came back with RCH, a FACTORY team as well and even though winning with a top level guy RCH couldn't continue without outside funding..........looks like same story different book again...........it seems Suzuki isn't too concerned
Pretty much sums it all up.

The Shop

Racerman967
1/26/2019 9:32am
Well Suzuki is only supplying bikes and parts, which means that HEP will be the factory team next LOL I don't see how them throwing in 2 million would break them
4csHATER
1/26/2019 9:45am
JGR wont shut down, suzuki may stop funding or decline in helping but JGR will still be rolling into all events.

Only way suzuki can continue selling mx bikes is by costing them more money when getting produced,

if they left the transmission to pankl and then did copper valve seats they would sell bikes left and right all the time, but that will never happen.
mauidex
1/26/2019 10:14am
4csHATER wrote:
JGR wont shut down, suzuki may stop funding or decline in helping but JGR will still be rolling into all events. Only way suzuki can continue...
JGR wont shut down, suzuki may stop funding or decline in helping but JGR will still be rolling into all events.

Only way suzuki can continue selling mx bikes is by costing them more money when getting produced,

if they left the transmission to pankl and then did copper valve seats they would sell bikes left and right all the time, but that will never happen.
Wanna bet? Racing is a business to guys like jgr. Businesses don’t continue when they lose
Money or race teams.
ktmwoods
1/26/2019 10:14am
I think the key will be to take a NASCAR approach and sign a sponsor for 5 races in a particular region. Or cross market with...
I think the key will be to take a NASCAR approach and sign a sponsor for 5 races in a particular region. Or cross market with the NASCAR guys. Not just speaking for JGR but other teams as well. TLD did a good job with the change to Adidas at the one race.
Yeah...no. The adidas deal is based on licensing, they invest almost zero into an actual "sponsorship" of the race team. Troy and Al at adidas have a personal relationship and that's the basis of the whole thing.
St Ann More
1/26/2019 11:43am
MX-LIFE. wrote:
Ok this is beating a dead horse but James Stewart was the last big name rider to win on a Suzuki and that was back in...
Ok this is beating a dead horse but James Stewart was the last big name rider to win on a Suzuki and that was back in 2014 or was it 2016 lol Damn it seems like a long time ago.. Would have been cool to see him hook back up with J bone for another run if he had thought about a serious come back a year ago! But oh well! Oh and Ken Roczen
drt410 wrote:
Dungey, Roczen? How does the smartop team turn a profit but JGR cant? I think Suzuki should be giving them full factory support if JGR went...
Dungey, Roczen?

How does the smartop team turn a profit but JGR cant? I think Suzuki should be giving them full factory support if JGR went away theyd have 0 factory effort. They may be holding on fine now, but thatd be a hellll of a lot of lost exposure, considering Suzukis are pretty rare at the track nowadays. I know they make plenty of money in other areas, but so does Honda. Honda doesnt make any excuses.

Suzuki should update the 85 and then throw a 65 top end on the 85 bottom end like Yamaha did to get those mini sales. Their 250/450 are still pretty good bikes and theyre verrrry close to being competitive it wouldnt take much. 2 strokes are cheap to make too so I think they could recoup some lost sales from the bigger bikes with little bikes.
How much do Suzuki really care?
4csHATER
1/26/2019 1:57pm
mauidex wrote:
Wanna bet? Racing is a business to guys like jgr. Businesses don’t continue when they lose
Money or race teams.
yes i will bet, JGR is constantly doing buisness in the moto industry and the racecar industry for customers, they have a really good partnership with xeldyne and cv4 and cycra and micro blue and everything thats located all within a 30 min drive, your talking about a company that is about racing, this is like everyone saying years ago J-STAR ktm is gonna fall and collapse and not come back to the races, lol guess who RMATVMC KTM is? any one wanna take a wild bet? JGR is here to stay. just cause they are having issues with a mfg doesnt mean there just gonna pull the plug.
mauidex
1/26/2019 2:05pm
4csHATER wrote:
yes i will bet, JGR is constantly doing buisness in the moto industry and the racecar industry for customers, they have a really good partnership with...
yes i will bet, JGR is constantly doing buisness in the moto industry and the racecar industry for customers, they have a really good partnership with xeldyne and cv4 and cycra and micro blue and everything thats located all within a 30 min drive, your talking about a company that is about racing, this is like everyone saying years ago J-STAR ktm is gonna fall and collapse and not come back to the races, lol guess who RMATVMC KTM is? any one wanna take a wild bet? JGR is here to stay. just cause they are having issues with a mfg doesnt mean there just gonna pull the plug.
Hope you’re right and you know mire about their state of operations than coy Gibbs. Just reading his comments didn’t sound too positive to me
endurox
1/26/2019 4:18pm
JGR with Husqvarna in 2020?
RTDRacing
1/26/2019 4:20pm
MX-LIFE. wrote:
Ok this is beating a dead horse but James Stewart was the last big name rider to win on a Suzuki and that was back in...
Ok this is beating a dead horse but James Stewart was the last big name rider to win on a Suzuki and that was back in 2014 or was it 2016 lol Damn it seems like a long time ago.. Would have been cool to see him hook back up with J bone for another run if he had thought about a serious come back a year ago! But oh well! Oh and Ken Roczen
drt410 wrote:
Dungey, Roczen?

How much do Suzuki really care?
Not a whole lot.

Post a reply to: Could JGR shutdown in the near future?

The Latest