Could Eli be overlooked for MXON?

thorns
Probably a dumb question but....

Is there a chance that Decoster overlooks Eli for this years MXON given his history of making himself unavailable for the past few years?

As a fan I hope not, would love to see USA win on home soil, even though I'm not American.

Hes going to have the inside word on how Anderson is recovering, so is there the possibility that he rewards the guys who have stepped up and gone the other years in the 'B' team, and say sorry Eli, you cant pick and choose when it suits you?

|
7/8/2018 1:41pm Edited Date/Time 7/8/2018 1:41pm
I literally stopped reading after your first sentence... as that surely summed up the rest of the post. Smile
7/8/2018 1:43pm
Ok fine I ended up reading the rest. DeCoster won't make his selections based on spite - he will make them based on what riders give us the best shot at winning. Nothing left to say on this..
7/8/2018 1:44pm
I think it has to be a consideration. He hasn't been lightning the world on fire of late, and he turned it down the past few years.

I think the only problem is that the pool is pretty shallow right now. For me, Barcia is in, and I think you have to pick Tomac but it's worth reflecting on. I'd guess AMart or Plessinger for that last slot.

The Shop

Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
7/8/2018 1:44pm
Ok fine I ended up reading the rest. DeCoster won't make his selections based on spite - he will make them based on what riders give...
Ok fine I ended up reading the rest. DeCoster won't make his selections based on spite - he will make them based on what riders give us the best shot at winning. Nothing left to say on this..
This. End of thread.
plowboy
7/8/2018 1:54pm
Ok fine I ended up reading the rest. DeCoster won't make his selections based on spite - he will make them based on what riders give...
Ramrod wrote:
This. End of thread.
Bingo. Don't ever believe that Roger doesn't know to hold a grudge...BUT, Eli hasn't done anything to get on DeCosters shit list. I'm sure when ET said he's willing/wants to ride...Roger ticked off the MX1 spot. RD has been doing this for a while...he's gonna use the best tools available.
agn5009
7/8/2018 1:55pm
I think it has to be a consideration. He hasn't been lightning the world on fire of late, and he turned it down the past few...
I think it has to be a consideration. He hasn't been lightning the world on fire of late, and he turned it down the past few years.

I think the only problem is that the pool is pretty shallow right now. For me, Barcia is in, and I think you have to pick Tomac but it's worth reflecting on. I'd guess AMart or Plessinger for that last slot.
Hasn't been lighting the world on fire lately? He had a horrible day yesterday. That's it. You must be joking?
7/8/2018 2:04pm
I think it has to be a consideration. He hasn't been lightning the world on fire of late, and he turned it down the past few...

agn5009 wrote:
Hasn't been lighting the world on fire lately? He had a horrible day yesterday. That's it. You must be joking?
He's been getting bad starts which will hurt more at the MXON.

Last weekend, he dumped it twice - two unforced errors - which cost him the race.

Getting crappy starts and dropping the bike aren't good for the MXON. Just my $0.02.
agn5009
7/8/2018 2:24pm

agn5009 wrote:
He's been getting bad starts which will hurt more at the MXON. Last weekend, he dumped it twice - two unforced errors - which cost him...
He's been getting bad starts which will hurt more at the MXON.

Last weekend, he dumped it twice - two unforced errors - which cost him the race.

Getting crappy starts and dropping the bike aren't good for the MXON. Just my $0.02.
You are out of you mind if you think there's anyone from the USA who's a better choice than Eli. Even if Eli is dead last on the start he would still come back and pass every single USA rider out there other than maybe Barcia who will most likely be on the team too.

Seriously, who do you think would be a better option? Baggett? Peick? Bloss? Webb? We literally have Tomac and Barcia on 450s. There's no one else (USA wise) that even comes close to their ability. 250, sure, we have a few good selections from there.

You could honestly sit there with a straight face and say it should be considered that Eli isn't selected. Like...seriously?
Excaliburbmx
7/8/2018 2:28pm
Ignorant is more like it. Tomac has one bad day and he now sucks?
7/8/2018 3:02pm
If Team USA of the Mighty Vitards doesn't want Tomac, Australia will have him.

Eli, report to the nearest RM Williams store at 0900. They'll give you everything you need.
7/8/2018 3:31pm
If you read my post, I said I'd have to pick him. So let's calm down.

I don't like that he didn't want to go for the last few years. Baggett might have been a more consistent pick but he isn't peaking right now either.

Also, it's not one bad day, it's the last two races. One of those races is on the track that will host the race.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
7/8/2018 3:34pm
Barcia and Anderson would be cool with me
If Ando comes out swinging when he comes back
Swinging as in riding well and up to speed .
I say that Because they both want to go
And Eli had turned it down in the past.
7/8/2018 3:41pm Edited Date/Time 7/8/2018 3:55pm
Will Germany overlook Roczen? Will Latvia overlook Jonass? Will Canada overlook Facciotti? At one point or another they all decided they had better things to do than race MXdN, which is probably true.

I think the answer is probably not if they want to do the best they possibly can.
zehn
7/8/2018 3:59pm
If you read my post, I said I'd have to pick him. So let's calm down. I don't like that he didn't want to go for...
If you read my post, I said I'd have to pick him. So let's calm down.

I don't like that he didn't want to go for the last few years. Baggett might have been a more consistent pick but he isn't peaking right now either.

Also, it's not one bad day, it's the last two races. One of those races is on the track that will host the race.
And a track he went 1-1 at last year and was leading by 15 seconds in the first moto before his bike blew up
7/8/2018 5:01pm
Roger said in another interview that RD is coming out of retirement to kill them this year.
cbuehler767
7/8/2018 5:05pm

agn5009 wrote:
Yes! Thank you. He had one bad moto to be specific. First moto in the bag until his bike gave up. So one bad moto all year. Oh wait he crashed at Southwick. You talking about Southwick where he went 1-2? The hell is wrong with people
Kyle_McNab
7/8/2018 5:21pm
I’d be alright with Anderson Barcia. Plessinger or Amart
BR8ES
7/8/2018 6:26pm
how the F is anybody else even in consideration for the MXdN team at this point? Tomac has been killing it, as are the other 2 shoe ins. One f'n bad race and now Tomac is no good. Last week or the week prior, he was walking on water.
agn5009
7/8/2018 7:20pm Edited Date/Time 7/8/2018 7:22pm

agn5009 wrote:
Yes! Thank you. He had one bad moto to be specific. First moto in the bag until his bike gave up. So one bad moto all...
Yes! Thank you. He had one bad moto to be specific. First moto in the bag until his bike gave up. So one bad moto all year. Oh wait he crashed at Southwick. You talking about Southwick where he went 1-2? The hell is wrong with people
Yeah I don't get it. He's won virtually every race up until last week where he had a couple crashes in the second Moto which caused him to take second overall......behind a guy from France. So basically he was the first American to finish. He's been the first American to finish every MX race this entire year except this weekend (one Moto which wasn't his fault and the second which was) and guys want to talk about him not being picked? It's so stupid that I can't even comprehend it. I was (am) just as ticked off as anyone else that he didn't race the MXDN the last two years but come on... Time to move on and go for the win on home soil and Eli gives us the best chance to do that. He is the one person in the entire world that can possibly beat Herlings at Red Bud. Send him and be proud.

Post a reply to: Could Eli be overlooked for MXON?

The Latest