Coty Schock - needs help for High Point

Related:
Create New Tag

6/11/2019 10:36 AM

Coty Schock is a young Pro racer from Dover, Delaware. He raced outdoors last year at select nationals (as a privateer) and he got his SX license near the end of the season too. He was gearing up for his first national of 2019 at High Point this weekend, but his bikes were just stolen on Sunday night. The one bike had his "A Kit" suspension on it, which really adds to the heartache of this particular theft.

In an effort to try and get to the track this weekend on proper equipment, Coty started a GoFundMe and is asking for any amount of help he can get. I decided to share this for Coty, as I believe he is a stand up guy, a talented racer, and deserving of much better than what he is going through this week. Anyone who has met/ or will meet him would be more than happy to lend a few bucks for such an awesome kid.

Donation Link Below:

https://www.gofundme.com/lucas-oil-pro-motocross-support?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fb_co_shareflow_m&fbclid=IwAR15SzdqLr2SUZmeeopDL9YZdzT8uGYYDTprMiC0Kcap4ccKvSO8yhsmVNQ

Coty's Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/cj.schock.3 and Instagram https://www.instagram.com/cjschock_319/

--
Eric Sebastian
Owner/Designer
Black Heart MX

|

Eric Sebastian
Owner/Designer
www.blackheartmx.com

6/11/2019 10:38 AM

Well I need help with my grass cut and the insulation pulled out my craw space. I'll pay cash.

|

6/11/2019 10:38 AM

Photo
|

Eric Sebastian
Owner/Designer
www.blackheartmx.com

6/11/2019 11:26 AM

Im in for ya Cody! Wish it could be more. Ill be on the lookout for your bike in the newer wheelie scum IG posts in Baltimore.

|

6/11/2019 11:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2019 11:49 AM

Sounds like it was the practice bike that was stolen, not his race bike, unless I'm reading his Instagram wrong.

This is the 2nd time he's had a bike stolen, wouldn't he beef up his security? I mean, he drives a Corvette and a has a truck too, seems like he could afford a couple locks.

|

6/11/2019 11:52 AM

Casting wrote:

Sounds like it was the practice bike that was stolen, not his race bike, unless I'm reading his Instagram wrong.

This is the ...more

It was the bike with the kit suspension. Its on fb also. I guess the bike wasnt insured. Not. Sure why not. And some fb posts said he had bikes stolen before. Why wouldnt you insure 15k toys. ? Still.sucks it happened, but no insurance is foolish.

|

6/11/2019 1:37 PM

mxb2 wrote:

It was the bike with the kit suspension. Its on fb also. I guess the bike wasnt insured. Not. Sure why not. And some fb posts ...more

It definitely sucks but I really can’t wrap my head around not getting insurance or at least locking it up better. The first time was 4 bikes I believe.

|

6/11/2019 1:45 PM

Can't comment on the insurance side of things since I'm not aware of that. But I know that all of the bikes had cable locks through each wheel, and locks on each brake rotor - which is more than most would do I believe? I guess if the crooks wanted the bikes that bad they came with enough tools to cut off whatever was in the way.

I know personally that my homeowners and/or trailer insurance would not cover an additional ~$10k suspension upgrade on a motorcycle inside the trailer - just the value of the bike itself *depreciated* of course. So that may be the case, but ultimately I do not know that for sure.

|

Eric Sebastian
Owner/Designer
www.blackheartmx.com

6/11/2019 2:08 PM

blackheartmx wrote:

Can't comment on the insurance side of things since I'm not aware of that. But I know that all of the bikes had cable locks ...more

It requires a separate motorcycle policy. Insure your shit. Unless you can afford to lose 5-20k worth of toys. No excuse for not being prepared.

|

6/11/2019 2:13 PM

Markee wrote:

Well I need help with my grass cut and the insulation pulled out my craw space. I'll pay cash.

Within an hour from hi point, 850 for the grass and 3900 for the indulation removal.
Half up front.

|

6/11/2019 2:46 PM

blackheartmx wrote:

Can't comment on the insurance side of things since I'm not aware of that. But I know that all of the bikes had cable locks ...more

Markel Insurance....get replacement (not depreciated value) on a new bike for 3 years from purchase date, and cover all the extras you want to insure. They just ask for the dollar amount of upgrades and calculate premium accordingly

|

Many thanks to everyone helping me out this GNCC season: SRT Offroad, Acerbis, FCR Suspension, O'Neal Racing, Evans Waterless Coolants, Rekluse, Twin Air, Braking Brakes, Carbsport

Profile image credit Ken Hill Photography

6/11/2019 3:00 PM

blackheartmx wrote:

harescrambled wrote:

Markel Insurance....get replacement (not depreciated value) on a new bike for 3 years from purchase date, and cover all the ...more

Bingo and they will insure up to any amount and adjust the payment accordingly. To make a claim, you need pictures,receipts list of parts. If not you get a check for kbb value of a stock bike. A kit suspension can be insured. So whatever agent says it cant is lying, or ya need to switch the insurance company.

|

6/11/2019 3:10 PM

blackheartmx wrote:

harescrambled wrote:

Markel Insurance....get replacement (not depreciated value) on a new bike for 3 years from purchase date, and cover all the ...more

mxb2 wrote:

Bingo and they will insure up to any amount and adjust the payment accordingly. To make a claim, you need pictures,receipts ...more

That sounds like a lot of work. It's easier just to keep getting your shit stolen and asking friends, family and strangers to reimburse your loss.

|

6/11/2019 3:23 PM

harescrambled wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

Bingo and they will insure up to any amount and adjust the payment accordingly. To make a claim, you need pictures,receipts ...more

GrapeApe wrote:

That sounds like a lot of work. It's easier just to keep getting your shit stolen and asking friends, family and strangers to ...more

Yea true, more people might donate but they are paying on their. Own stuff, policies lol. Yea lets reward someone by giving them another bike. The years they save on not having insurance, go buy another bike. Dont ask for $$.

|

6/11/2019 10:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2019 10:37 PM

Suck for sure, but asking strangers for money so you can go race, little luxurious / 1st world problem like. And I too remember when he had his bikes stolen before, insurance is like $150 a year for these bikes. I don't know I just can't wrap my head around asking people for money so I could go racing, purchase a new bike, etc. A gofundme for car repairs to feed my family and get to work sure, a gofundme for medical expenses / injuries, totally get it, but this.

|

"Asking this question here is analogous to going to a KrispyKreme store and asking the patrons if you should have a doughnut."-NotCore

6/11/2019 10:43 PM

i cant believe people are donating money to this, if you are feeling generous search a go fundme for some kid with cancer, they could use it a hell of a lot more than someone to dumb to insure there bike.

|

6/12/2019 5:18 AM

What’s the consensus on whacking thieves on the head with loading ramps in here?

|

6/12/2019 5:25 AM

So almost up to $5k which is great. I don't get the end goal, is he going to go to a local dealer and buy a bike on Friday to race Saturday?

|

6/12/2019 5:41 AM

Do all these donators get their money back if the bike is found?

|

6/12/2019 5:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/12/2019 5:48 AM

wsmille2 wrote:

Do all these donators get their money back if the bike is found?

No , they go on vacation lol. Courtesy of the suckers.

|

6/12/2019 7:40 AM

usafwx wrote:

Suck for sure, but asking strangers for money so you can go race, little luxurious / 1st world problem like. And I too ...more

What makes them donating any different then having good sponsors?? Sponsors give parts/discounts.. people donate to help.. thats a sponsor...

You arent upset with Boyesen/FXR/whoever else that sponsors him...

|

6/12/2019 7:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/13/2019 7:20 AM

TSCHAM101 wrote:

What makes them donating any different then having good sponsors?? Sponsors give parts/discounts.. people donate to help.. ...more

Except sponsors do so for exposure, sales, advertising, etc. Not anywhere near the same as asking strangers to just give you money. Is Coty going to run everyones name who donated on his bike? Brands/sponsors discount parts / provide support knowing they will recieve some return on that investment, no return with strangers just handing someone money. And the principal of it, how entitled does it look, dude has a tricked out race and practice bike, and still has a really nice practice bike, has the luxury of even being able to afford to race at that level, but is asking people for money. How ridiculous does that sound? Ontop of the fact this has happened to him before, bikes getting stolen. Not saying he's not a talented rider, its not a shitty circumstance and that he's a bad person, but a gofund me so people can give you money to buy a new bike and go racing, I'd love a new bike too to go racing too.

|

"Asking this question here is analogous to going to a KrispyKreme store and asking the patrons if you should have a doughnut."-NotCore

6/13/2019 6:38 AM

I wouldn't make a Go Fund me even if my house burned down. Seems like easy money these days and clearly its working but just seems wrong to me. Ride your OTHER bike bro.

|

#thereisnocrown

6/13/2019 7:45 AM

|

6/13/2019 10:28 AM

usafwx wrote:

Suck for sure, but asking strangers for money so you can go race, little luxurious / 1st world problem like. And I too ...more

TSCHAM101 wrote:

What makes them donating any different then having good sponsors?? Sponsors give parts/discounts.. people donate to help.. ...more

usafwx wrote:

Except sponsors do so for exposure, sales, advertising, etc. Not anywhere near the same as asking strangers to just give you ...more

i help for the satisfaction and kindness, that im helping make a difference in somebodies life... in hopes that they can pay it forward when they are able...

|

6/13/2019 10:33 AM

TSCHAM101 wrote:

i help for the satisfaction and kindness, that im helping make a difference in somebodies life... in hopes that they can pay ...more

And good on you man, I think most of us try too or do, I do it by volunteering every week at the Children's Hospital and the food bank or by donating money for medical costs, injuries like Jessy Nelson's terrible crash, etc. You do what you feel makes you feel good and what you feel is a worthy cause, that's up to you and no one else to tell you otherwise, but given the circumstances I think most of us would hesitate with this type of charity.

|

6/13/2019 12:32 PM

the negativity towards a kid trying to put himself in the best position possible is crazy. If it doesn't suit you to donate to someones racing effort then don't donate, simple as that.

|

I don't crash, I just run out of talent

6/13/2019 1:12 PM

TSCHAM101 wrote:

usafwx wrote:

Except sponsors do so for exposure, sales, advertising, etc. Not anywhere near the same as asking strangers to just give you ...more

TSCHAM101 wrote:

i help for the satisfaction and kindness, that im helping make a difference in somebodies life... in hopes that they can pay ...more

I want a set of Hoosiers for my 450. Spare some change?

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

6/13/2019 1:18 PM

Wish him all the best. But, this is way too common anymore. Doesn't anyone carry insurance these days?

|

2017 CRF450r

6/13/2019 1:19 PM

Casting wrote:

This is the ...more

Looks like a inside job to me. cool

|

Ed Johnson