Costa rica unlimited

Any of you done this? I want to get a group of 3-5 to do it.

http://costaricaunlimited.com/wp-content/themes/cru/tours.php
|
tingo
2/4/2018 11:10am Edited Date/Time 2/4/2018 11:15am

Nope, but I'll throw out a plug for the guys at Wild-Rider. They've been doing tours and rentals a lot longer than CR Unlimited...but there is no question that CR Unlimited has upped the game in terms of guided rides, quality of bikes, private tracks, and definitely marketing. CRU is also located close to Jaco, if you're into that sort of shitshow. CR Unlimited does NOT (generally) rent bikes for an unguided tour, which is my preference.

With Wild-Rider, you can fly into SJO, take a short taxi ride to their offices, change into your gear, put your headphones in (spare me the cautionary tale) and take off to get lost. We've done two trips on their bikes and had a blast riding pretty much the entire Pacific Coast and a good chunk of the interior of CR. We never make hotel reservation; just ride until you're done for the day, stop in some town, find a hotel, drop your stuff in the room (usually around $20/night/person with breakfast) and go find a bar for a well-earned rumdrink or five. Tip: there is also an abundance of organic, free-range, yoga chicks down there (beach towns) searching to find themselves. Do it again the next day. Wild Rider's bikes aren't as nice, but they are well-maintained, a lot cheaper, and you can do what you want with them. Your riding with WR will be more enduro and less moto, but you'll also have a lot more freedom. You can still ride wheelies on the beach (sea turtles and metal totally frown upon this), ride technical single track, and pass countless cars as you blast down pot-hole ridden dirt roads. Dirt roads and dirt bikes - medicine for the soul.
Holigan
2/4/2018 11:18am
I have a house 11 miles north of Tamrindo (I am there now), and you will love it. Cool terrain and mountains, super friendly people, most speak English, and you can pay with US dollars for everything. You can ride on any road and the police don't bother you. Hope you go
yak651
Fantasy
214th
2/4/2018 11:39am
Would love to do that. Went with a small group about 4 years ago on a trip planned by Costa Rica Rios and had a great time. They took care of everything, had great guides, provided us with great food, just overall a great experience. https://www.costaricarios.com/

The Shop

2/4/2018 11:48am Edited Date/Time 2/4/2018 11:51am

tingo wrote:
Nope, but I'll throw out a plug for the guys at [url=http://www.wild-rider.com]Wild-Rider[/url]. They've been doing tours and rentals a lot longer than CR Unlimited...but there is...
Nope, but I'll throw out a plug for the guys at Wild-Rider. They've been doing tours and rentals a lot longer than CR Unlimited...but there is no question that CR Unlimited has upped the game in terms of guided rides, quality of bikes, private tracks, and definitely marketing. CRU is also located close to Jaco, if you're into that sort of shitshow. CR Unlimited does NOT (generally) rent bikes for an unguided tour, which is my preference.

With Wild-Rider, you can fly into SJO, take a short taxi ride to their offices, change into your gear, put your headphones in (spare me the cautionary tale) and take off to get lost. We've done two trips on their bikes and had a blast riding pretty much the entire Pacific Coast and a good chunk of the interior of CR. We never make hotel reservation; just ride until you're done for the day, stop in some town, find a hotel, drop your stuff in the room (usually around $20/night/person with breakfast) and go find a bar for a well-earned rumdrink or five. Tip: there is also an abundance of organic, free-range, yoga chicks down there (beach towns) searching to find themselves. Do it again the next day. Wild Rider's bikes aren't as nice, but they are well-maintained, a lot cheaper, and you can do what you want with them. Your riding with WR will be more enduro and less moto, but you'll also have a lot more freedom. You can still ride wheelies on the beach (sea turtles and metal totally frown upon this), ride technical single track, and pass countless cars as you blast down pot-hole ridden dirt roads. Dirt roads and dirt bikes - medicine for the soul.
Filed under: “things I should’ve done before I got happily fucking married“
BobbyM
2/4/2018 11:52am Edited Date/Time 2/4/2018 1:57pm

CR is awesome. Was going down main road there when a dude on a cr 500 flew by me at night had a flashlight taped to the bars doing about 80. lotta dirtbikes down there, 2 strokes that you'll never see here. Oem bikes that you can't buy here.
BobbyM
2/4/2018 11:53am
Holigan wrote:
I have a house 11 miles north of Tamrindo (I am there now), and you will love it. Cool terrain and mountains, super friendly people, most...
I have a house 11 miles north of Tamrindo (I am there now), and you will love it. Cool terrain and mountains, super friendly people, most speak English, and you can pay with US dollars for everything. You can ride on any road and the police don't bother you. Hope you go
And gorgeous girls too Michael. I'm sure you noticed. Smile
AZRider
2/4/2018 11:58am
My sister and BIL have a house in Playa Hermosa and in fact my BIL sold his 350 to the CR unlimited guys. Met them when I was down there in 2016 but haven't ridden with them yet, but they seem like great guys.
Holigan
2/4/2018 11:59am
Holigan wrote:
I have a house 11 miles north of Tamrindo (I am there now), and you will love it. Cool terrain and mountains, super friendly people, most...
BobbyM wrote:
And gorgeous girls too Michael. I'm sure you noticed. Smile
I might have spotted one or two : )
tingo
2/4/2018 12:18pm

tingo wrote:
Nope, but I'll throw out a plug for the guys at [url=http://www.wild-rider.com]Wild-Rider[/url]. They've been doing tours and rentals a lot longer than CR Unlimited...but there is...

Filed under: “things I should’ve done before I got happily fucking married“
Married with young kids. Sometimes you just gotta send it.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
2/4/2018 1:01pm
A friend of mine is doing tours in Panama. If you're interested in going there, let me know.
I know they're good and you can go anywhere you want on a dirt bike in that country
I don't know how it compares to Costa Rica tho
faster48
2/4/2018 1:03pm
headed down with a group of moto buddies (and wives) 2/22. Cant wait
2/4/2018 1:54pm
faster48 wrote:
headed down with a group of moto buddies (and wives) 2/22. Cant wait
Gonna need a full report when you get back.
blewis18
2/4/2018 2:13pm
Recently went with group of friends and by far best vacation I have ever been on! The house you stay in is great , the people are awesome and couldn’t ask for a better expierence. The bikes were serviced and in good shape, didn’t have one single complaint. We only did a 4 day trip right before the holidays and have already decided to go back with the wife’s/ girlfriends next time and try and stay longer. If your considering the trip at all go ahead and pull the trigger and book it you won’t be disappointed.
2/4/2018 3:08pm
Having a hard time convincing my friends.

One said: “I rented a bike in the UK for $200” lol. Hard to get them to drop the ponies.

Would meet up with any you guys without a doubt.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
2/4/2018 3:17pm
I’ve been wanting to go myself... I have a few friends that have gone and they had a GREAT time.
I’m off the month of May what’s the weather like there in May ?
Holigan
2/4/2018 5:33pm
langhammx wrote:
I’ve been wanting to go myself... I have a few friends that have gone and they had a GREAT time. I’m off the month of May...
I’ve been wanting to go myself... I have a few friends that have gone and they had a GREAT time.
I’m off the month of May what’s the weather like there in May ?
80's and 90's, humid, rains about an hour a day. You would be fine and have a great time.
faster48
3/2/2018 9:13am
Back from the CRU trip and man was it fantastic. We had lots of bikes to choose from. I chose an 18 KTM 350 since I ride a 16 KTM 450sx at home. It was the perfect bike for some insane trails. Chris was fantastic to deal with and really made the trip work for the wives by helping them choose activities while we were out on rides. Our guides, Dakota and Carlos were great. They knew the trails so well. Some of the stuff sketched me out but I did it and loved every second of it.The compound is beautiful and first class. Only complaint was no TV to watch the SX sat night but it was also never gonna be used other than that so it wasn't a big deal.

We rode around 5 hours each day for three days straight! Did about 150 miles. I wore my Garmin watch to track via gps and see HR info. I was hitting 185 regularly and even topped out at 190! I'm a 44 yr old VET A mx rider and rarely see that on a track.

It is NOT for a novice rider... the stuff we rode was intense and technical at times. I'm a moto only guy so it worked me over pretty good but we all LOVED it. I have a new found respect for the knuckleheads that suffer through that every weekend! Hopefully I can find time to load some of the gopro footage.

It was one of the best trips I have ever taken. Seriously. We are already in talks to do it again next year.
BobbyM
3/2/2018 9:27am
Holigan wrote:
Costa Rica is absolutely awesome, have fun as I know you will.
Presley155
3/2/2018 1:18pm
I'm headed there in April with some buddies to do the CRU trip. Can't wait!!!
rubarb
3/2/2018 9:58pm

BobbyM wrote:
CR is awesome. Was going down main road there when a dude on a cr 500 flew by me at night had a flashlight taped to...
CR is awesome. Was going down main road there when a dude on a cr 500 flew by me at night had a flashlight taped to the bars doing about 80. lotta dirtbikes down there, 2 strokes that you'll never see here. Oem bikes that you can't buy here.
Wait, so lemme get this straight, you were driving down a road at night time and some guy blew by you at 90 mph and you happened to notice that it was a CR500?
hyler199
3/3/2018 12:10am

BobbyM wrote:
CR is awesome. Was going down main road there when a dude on a cr 500 flew by me at night had a flashlight taped to...
rubarb wrote:
Wait, so lemme get this straight, you were driving down a road at night time and some guy blew by you at 90 mph and you...
Wait, so lemme get this straight, you were driving down a road at night time and some guy blew by you at 90 mph and you happened to notice that it was a CR500?
it was probably red and a cr500 gives off a different sound than a 125 or 250

Post a reply to: Costa rica unlimited

The Latest