Cord cutters guide to 2018 SX?

davis224
Fantasy
165th
1/6/2018 3:07am
I tried signing up for YouTube tv so I could record the races, but it says it's only available in certain areas?
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
1/6/2018 4:50am
Having only satellite, only thing for me is direct tv. The bill went from 66 a month to over 200 a month and have to pay another 140 a month for Hughes internet. A t t is like the irs, gangstas.
ob
1/6/2018 8:54am
So what do you guys think the best way to watch the race using a fire stick is? I really wish they figured out how to broadcast on an app like the outdoors, I'm sure that's coming someday.

The Shop

cason402
1/6/2018 10:43am
reading this thread i went with youtube tv. i cut directv a few months ago.

the youtubetv interface looks really good, has fox fs1 and fs2.

35 bucks

can have 5 accounts, so my sons and wife, thinking i'll invite my brother.

each account has there own dvr for their login

dvr is limitless, and holds the recorded for 9 months.

just search supercross, 1 button to record it, and another button to get a reminder email
Hcallz5
1/6/2018 11:02am
Maybe I'll try the free trail of Youtube TV, sounds like the easiest solution.
1/6/2018 11:14am Edited Date/Time 1/6/2018 11:14am
FYI, Both youtubetv and Hulu are *not* available in Canada. Both services block the IP addresses for Canadians. Its a licensing issue.
ob
1/6/2018 11:15am
You can't use YouTube tv on any Samsung tv older than 2016 because they don't have an app for the older smart tv'sI I found out. So I'm trying to figure out what service is best with a fire stick. Any advice?
cason402
1/6/2018 11:34am
ob wrote:
You can't use YouTube tv on any Samsung tv older than 2016 because they don't have an app for the older smart tv'sI I found out...
You can't use YouTube tv on any Samsung tv older than 2016 because they don't have an app for the older smart tv'sI I found out. So I'm trying to figure out what service is best with a fire stick. Any advice?
youtubetv gave me an offer for a free chromecast, but it's a process after my first payment they'll give me a link.

doesn't help you today.

i have a chromecast, i think it was 40 bucks at walmart, it plugs into the tv hdmi and turns a non-smart tv into smart capabilities.

121ANM
1/6/2018 11:35am
ob wrote:
You can't use YouTube tv on any Samsung tv older than 2016 because they don't have an app for the older smart tv'sI I found out...
Use YouTube thru the silk or Firefox browser on the firestick
1/6/2018 1:04pm
cason402 wrote:
reading this thread i went with youtube tv. i cut directv a few months ago. the youtubetv interface looks really good, has fox fs1 and fs2...

35 bucks

just search supercross, 1 button to record it, and another button to get a reminder email
That sounds like a sweet deal. I think Youtube.tv is the way to go as they have the funds to come out on top and provide the best viewing experience.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
1/6/2018 1:59pm
cason402 wrote:
reading this thread i went with youtube tv. i cut directv a few months ago. the youtubetv interface looks really good, has fox fs1 and fs2...

35 bucks

Where are you located? I tried signing up but it told me it wasn't available in my location?
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
1/6/2018 2:10pm
ob wrote:
So what do you guys think the best way to watch the race using a fire stick is? I really wish they figured out how to...
So what do you guys think the best way to watch the race using a fire stick is? I really wish they figured out how to broadcast on an app like the outdoors, I'm sure that's coming someday.
Either use Fox Sports app, Playstation Vue, or Sling. I don't know much about Youtube TV. We have Playstation Vue with the sports package for $35/month and we get FS1 and FS2.

If you have the Kodi app, there is an Fox sports 1 and Fox sports 2 station on the most recent Kodi download/build.
cason402
1/6/2018 2:19pm
davis224 wrote:
Where are you located? I tried signing up but it told me it wasn't available in my location?
colorado springs....
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/6/2018 2:34pm
Rhino wrote:
Any ACE Stream Codes?
684c5ff6704bec4f60f10646572b18827a1e3c6b
Anyone mind giving a quick rundown on what is ACE and how it works? Might have to turn the old laptop on for this. Thanks.
1/6/2018 4:30pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Anyone mind giving a quick rundown on what is ACE and how it works? Might have to turn the old laptop on for this. Thanks.
I'm not 100% sure of all the workings of it but basically you just download it, open up the "Ace Player" program and click media then "Open Ace Stream Content ID" and paste in that code.
Indymxer
1/6/2018 4:33pm
FYI, Both youtubetv and Hulu are *not* available in Canada. Both services block the IP addresses for Canadians. Its a licensing issue.
Use a vpn
Nighttrain
1/6/2018 5:09pm
As long as you have a smart TV and a good internet connection you can use some of the free trials for awhile and decide which...
As long as you have a smart TV and a good internet connection you can use some of the free trials for awhile and decide which service you like best. Most of the services have free trials so you should be good to go. From what I'm seeing Youtube TV is starting to seem like the best value.
Thanks, Bomber. I’m dumping cable and the $130 monthly fee the day after the CFB Championship game. My kids only watch Netflix and YouTube TV so only the Warden and I will need to adjust to streaming TV. Today at Target there was a display for TV antennaes for local service. Haven’t seen those in many years. They were next to the streaming tv devices.
1/6/2018 5:27pm
As long as you have a smart TV and a good internet connection you can use some of the free trials for awhile and decide which...
As long as you have a smart TV and a good internet connection you can use some of the free trials for awhile and decide which service you like best. Most of the services have free trials so you should be good to go. From what I'm seeing Youtube TV is starting to seem like the best value.
Nighttrain wrote:
Thanks, Bomber. I’m dumping cable and the $130 monthly fee the day after the CFB Championship game. My kids only watch Netflix and YouTube TV so...
Thanks, Bomber. I’m dumping cable and the $130 monthly fee the day after the CFB Championship game. My kids only watch Netflix and YouTube TV so only the Warden and I will need to adjust to streaming TV. Today at Target there was a display for TV antennaes for local service. Haven’t seen those in many years. They were next to the streaming tv devices.
Nighttrain,

Read this thread for my post on over the air TV antennas. I have one and it's amazing. All the local channels in HD quality for a cost of the antenna is a great thing. The amount of channels you will get all depends on where you live and if you're able to mount an antenna on your roof. This thread below will give you the website to plug in your address to see how many channels you will get, scroll down to the bottom and look for the tvfool link:

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/NBC-Sports-Gold-is-Magik,…
1/6/2018 5:39pm
I have 2 smart tvs that are around 3 years old. No youtube tv app available. I have Amazon fire box, you can't get Youtube tv even through Silk or Firefox. When it asks for zip says not available. Vpn I don't believe will work with YT tv, they're location dependant.

I have YT tv app on my smartphone. Going to mirror it on tv until better solution comes along.

Hulu is probably best choice for Amazon boxes at this time.
NorCal 50+
1/6/2018 5:41pm
I hooked up Hulu Live TV and it looks great. Easy sign-up. This plan is $40/month but I have a promo offer. I am watching basketball right now and the picture is tight. It's the first TV package I have had in 5-6 years. I got tired of sketchy live streams and this SX season is a must-see.
Let's drop the gate!
1/6/2018 5:42pm
I can get regular YT on Amazon no problem through a browser, FYI. Google was no help with a YT tv Amazon workaround, unless someone is more clever with searching...
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/6/2018 5:48pm
I was just on the PS4 and thought of something. Not sure if it works or if anyone has ever tried it. Some of you may know that when someone is playing a game you can request to watch them play. Just wondering if that option is available when someone is watching something on PlayStation Vue?

Would be something to check out.
ob
1/6/2018 6:11pm
I’m using Fubo tv on fire stick, $20 for two months. I’m watching the ufc crap on FS2 right now before SX starts. Looks good
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/6/2018 6:13pm
Download soda player then add link above to play

https://www.sodaplayer.com/
Thanks for this. I downloaded it, put the ACE stream code posted above and that was it. Pretty simple process.

Only problem now is that I see Fox Sports HD and it's NBA basketball playing. Hoping that the game will be over in time.

Image is clear as day.
casper
1/6/2018 6:57pm
I just downloaded the YouTube TV app and I'm streaming it from my phone to the Chromecast on my TV. Just signed up 10 minutes ago. So far I'm checking out live football to see how well it streams and it's coming in pretty well but not super clear HD. We'll see how the Supercross is.
K-dubbb
1/13/2018 10:20am
I can't get my foxsports go app to work for some reason Huh

Does anyone have the Ace stream ID for FS1 tonight?

Post a reply to: Cord cutters guide to 2018 SX?

The Latest