Cord cutters guide to 2018 SX?

KurtJ99
Fantasy
671st
12/27/2017 5:33pm
jeffro503 wrote:
That's weird.......if you look at the 2nd picture down , that is the exact same picture PS Vue uses when you type in " Motorcycle racing...
That's weird.......if you look at the 2nd picture down , that is the exact same picture PS Vue uses when you type in " Motorcycle racing ". Wonder what the deal with that is?
kzizok wrote:
You know, you’re right. Actually, both pics are the same. Also, it’s not just when you search but the default image while it is loading on...
You know, you’re right. Actually, both pics are the same. Also, it’s not just when you search but the default image while it is loading on VUE. Kinda weird.
It's just a stock picture. What's important are the time date and channel.
Would still pay for supercross package in US if I could get it and it was better. SX is more aligned around the commercials than MX so I'm not sure if it would be better. If our overseas members could comment on the official SX live streaming that would be ?
FCMX
12/28/2017 1:30pm
Indymxer
12/28/2017 1:42pm
Wait until the next morning and watch free on YouTube. Then you can fast forward through all the ghey commercials and Ralph stuff.
scootch
12/28/2017 1:52pm
Does either Sling or YoutubeTV offer the races "on-demand" after the race has aired?? I was going to get the Supercross live video pass, but just noticed it's exclusive to international viewers Pinch

The Shop

mxbrian15
12/28/2017 2:09pm
I use YouTube TV $30.00 a month. Get to watch all of the shows I normally watch plus Supercross!
This is the best option in my opinion. Plus unlimited DVR and you can split with up to 6 separate accounts, so it makes it super cheap. And you get the nationals as well. It’s a no brainer!
mxbrian15
12/28/2017 2:10pm
scootch wrote:
Does either Sling or YoutubeTV offer the races "on-demand" after the race has aired?? I was going to get the Supercross live video pass, but just...
Does either Sling or YoutubeTV offer the races "on-demand" after the race has aired?? I was going to get the Supercross live video pass, but just noticed it's exclusive to international viewers Pinch
Unlimited DVR with YouTube TV.
12/28/2017 4:08pm
I use YouTube TV $30.00 a month. Get to watch all of the shows I normally watch plus Supercross!
mxbrian15 wrote:
This is the best option in my opinion. Plus unlimited DVR and you can split with up to 6 separate accounts, so it makes it super...
This is the best option in my opinion. Plus unlimited DVR and you can split with up to 6 separate accounts, so it makes it super cheap. And you get the nationals as well. It’s a no brainer!
Someone above said only 3 users can watch simultaneously from the 6 available accounts per contract. That's still a great deal considering 3 friends could share the service and only pay $10/month. Eventually, TV will cost little to nothing but the ISP's will always be able to get us with monthly internet service fees.
FeetUp
12/28/2017 7:31pm
Find a buddy that has DirecTV..... Put a "Sling Box" at his house, and give him $20.00 per month for his trouble, enjoy everything gratis.
12/28/2017 8:31pm
FeetUp wrote:
Find a buddy that has DirecTV..... Put a "Sling Box" at his house, and give him $20.00 per month for his trouble, enjoy everything gratis.
Could that buddy put mulitple sling boxes at his house for multiple users? Or, only one sling box per account?
mx617
12/28/2017 9:26pm
This hulu, vue, YouTube, etc seems to be just cable delivered via Internet instead of n actual cable. What am I missing?
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
12/28/2017 9:30pm
mx617 wrote:
This hulu, vue, YouTube, etc seems to be just cable delivered via Internet instead of n actual cable. What am I missing?
The huge bill.
jeffro503
12/28/2017 9:41pm
mx617 wrote:
kzizok wrote:
The huge bill.
My bill went from $130.00/mo to $35.00/mo. I am up to about $70.00/mo now because I added HBO and Showtime. But.....I was paying $130.00/mo for a subscription service , with no premium movie channels. I honestly think where the big time providers screw themselves is in their packages. We pay for a lot of shit we don't need or want.

PS Vue , Youtube , and ect.....you kind of pay for what you want. On something like Dish , Direct TV , Comcast.....you are literally paying for about 500 channels of stuff you will never watch. You want the shopping network?.....then go ahead and pay for it. I don't need or want it.
mx617
12/28/2017 10:16pm
mx617 wrote:
kzizok wrote:
The huge bill.
jeffro503 wrote:
My bill went from $130.00/mo to $35.00/mo. I am up to about $70.00/mo now because I added HBO and Showtime. But.....I was paying $130.00/mo for a...
My bill went from $130.00/mo to $35.00/mo. I am up to about $70.00/mo now because I added HBO and Showtime. But.....I was paying $130.00/mo for a subscription service , with no premium movie channels. I honestly think where the big time providers screw themselves is in their packages. We pay for a lot of shit we don't need or want.

PS Vue , Youtube , and ect.....you kind of pay for what you want. On something like Dish , Direct TV , Comcast.....you are literally paying for about 500 channels of stuff you will never watch. You want the shopping network?.....then go ahead and pay for it. I don't need or want it.
Hmm, maybe the differnce in Canada is less. Our cable bill was only 50-60/mth. I just cut it cause we couldnt get any racing.
hyler199
12/28/2017 11:23pm
kzizok wrote:
The huge bill.
jeffro503 wrote:
My bill went from $130.00/mo to $35.00/mo. I am up to about $70.00/mo now because I added HBO and Showtime. But.....I was paying $130.00/mo for a...

mx617 wrote:
Hmm, maybe the differnce in Canada is less. Our cable bill was only 50-60/mth. I just cut it cause we couldnt get any racing.
After everything is packaged for my parents. Rogers definately charges them a pretty penny and about similar to what some people are quoting in here. Rogers is the only provider here that has Fox Sports 1 so Im definately happy we have them.

Seems most of these services we cant get in Canada like Sling, Vue etcetc.

My buddy just got an IPTV service addon that he uses with Kodi and it works pretty dam good. Only thing it needs is a proper TV Channel Guide that is parent friendly, beause my parents rely heavily on the guide and still uses TV guides from the newspaper.

moto9
12/28/2017 11:40pm
Acidreamer wrote:
Hulu has fox
I opted for Hulu too.
So far it's good for the money you get a decent live tv and movie package.
I watched supercross rewind and the quality was good but it'd get fuzzy from time to time for a few seconds...wonder if that's the beta feed?
It was worth a try since you can cancel anytime.
mx617
12/29/2017 1:36am
jeffro503 wrote:

mx617 wrote:
hyler199 wrote:
After everything is packaged for my parents. Rogers definately charges them a pretty penny and about similar to what some people are quoting in here. Rogers...
After everything is packaged for my parents. Rogers definately charges them a pretty penny and about similar to what some people are quoting in here. Rogers is the only provider here that has Fox Sports 1 so Im definately happy we have them.

Seems most of these services we cant get in Canada like Sling, Vue etcetc.

My buddy just got an IPTV service addon that he uses with Kodi and it works pretty dam good. Only thing it needs is a proper TV Channel Guide that is parent friendly, beause my parents rely heavily on the guide and still uses TV guides from the newspaper.

I double checked in case I was drunk.... Turns out I was drunk... But still, Shaw has basic plus 3 theme packs for $50/mth. Which is meaningless if they don't have FS1/2... And they don't. Guess I just don't watch enough TV. I'll stick to Mobdro/Cricfree/Offroadvideos/Dailymotion/Twitch, one of them will have it live... I hope lol
FeetUp
12/29/2017 9:47am
FeetUp wrote:
Could that buddy put mulitple sling boxes at his house for multiple users? Or, only one sling box per account?
I have two boxes assigned to one account, each one is hooked up to a separate DirecTV receiver, I have multiple receivers in the house in different rooms. When I login it asks me select which box I want to view Smile I believe you can have as many Sling Boxes as you want, and connect each to a separate receiver if you wanted to. However, because they work off the output of the video source, you may be only able to connect one per receiver.
1/3/2018 3:13pm
FeetUp wrote:
FeetUp wrote:
I have two boxes assigned to one account, each one is hooked up to a separate DirecTV receiver, I have multiple receivers in the house in...
I have two boxes assigned to one account, each one is hooked up to a separate DirecTV receiver, I have multiple receivers in the house in different rooms. When I login it asks me select which box I want to view Smile I believe you can have as many Sling Boxes as you want, and connect each to a separate receiver if you wanted to. However, because they work off the output of the video source, you may be only able to connect one per receiver.
That's pretty cool. So you could "sling" one of your boxes to a friend and he could watch from his house, lol
Hcallz5
1/3/2018 5:32pm
Hulu is owned by the same people that were screwing you before lol.

So what is the consensus so far? Youtube TV or Sling?
mx617
1/3/2018 5:56pm
Someone above said only 3 users can watch simultaneously from the 6 available accounts per contract. That's still a great deal considering 3 friends could share...
Someone above said only 3 users can watch simultaneously from the 6 available accounts per contract. That's still a great deal considering 3 friends could share the service and only pay $10/month. Eventually, TV will cost little to nothing but the ISP's will always be able to get us with monthly internet service fees.
My question is if this happens, then what's the incentive to actually create TV? People want free TV with no ads, where's the business case?
Nighttrain
1/3/2018 6:25pm
I posted this question in the Streamimg SX thread but it’s a better question for this one. What is the best option for chord cutters to view motorsports events live or even the next day (SX, MX, MXGP, MotoGP, GNCC, F1, NASCAR, DAKAR, WHES, Isle of Man TT, etc,.)? I’m cutting cable service next Tuesday and going into it somewhat unprepared. A relative was showing how he uses Amazon Fire and I already have Amazon Prime for other reasons. Are there better options for motorsports events? Thanks for any suggestions. We have high speed residential internet service with surprisingly low packet latency and jitter statistics.
TXDirt
1/3/2018 6:43pm Edited Date/Time 1/3/2018 6:44pm
Nighttrain wrote:
I posted this question in the Streamimg SX thread but it’s a better question for this one. What is the best option for chord cutters to...
I posted this question in the Streamimg SX thread but it’s a better question for this one. What is the best option for chord cutters to view motorsports events live or even the next day (SX, MX, MXGP, MotoGP, GNCC, F1, NASCAR, DAKAR, WHES, Isle of Man TT, etc,.)? I’m cutting cable service next Tuesday and going into it somewhat unprepared. A relative was showing how he uses Amazon Fire and I already have Amazon Prime for other reasons. Are there better options for motorsports events? Thanks for any suggestions. We have high speed residential internet service with surprisingly low packet latency and jitter statistics.
Every streaming service is going to have its good and bads.

Personally I find PlayStation Vue the best. It’s reliable, has a lot of channels, and a super nice DVR service included, all for a reasonable price. I cut the cord from DirecTV and will never go back. Unless you like getting rapped on your cable bill.

And yeah the Amazon Fire Box is killer!! I have one at each TV and it’s a must have device.
Nighttrain
1/3/2018 9:30pm
TXDirt wrote:
Every streaming service is going to have its good and bads. Personally I find PlayStation Vue the best. It’s reliable, has a lot of channels, and...
Every streaming service is going to have its good and bads.

Personally I find PlayStation Vue the best. It’s reliable, has a lot of channels, and a super nice DVR service included, all for a reasonable price. I cut the cord from DirecTV and will never go back. Unless you like getting rapped on your cable bill.

And yeah the Amazon Fire Box is killer!! I have one at each TV and it’s a must have device.
Thank you, TXDirt.
1/3/2018 10:25pm
Nighttrain wrote:
I posted this question in the Streamimg SX thread but it’s a better question for this one. What is the best option for chord cutters to...
As long as you have a smart TV and a good internet connection you can use some of the free trials for awhile and decide which service you like best. Most of the services have free trials so you should be good to go. From what I'm seeing Youtube TV is starting to seem like the best value.
1/3/2018 10:31pm
Someone above said only 3 users can watch simultaneously from the 6 available accounts per contract. That's still a great deal considering 3 friends could share...
mx617 wrote:
My question is if this happens, then what's the incentive to actually create TV? People want free TV with no ads, where's the business case?
People have been paying $130/month for many years to watch 15 of the 800+ channels provided...they were the only game in town so they could get away with this. Times have changed and it's now time to pay much less for only the channels you watch. All of this cord cutting will force prices to come down to levels people are willing to pay. $35/month is obviously much better than $130/month for the same viewing experience. I cut the cord with DirecTV about 8 months ago and I will never go back unit it gets down to the $35 range (it will). There are just too many other options out there now.
NorCal 50+
1/5/2018 3:24pm
Bumping this because I want to watch the races live.
How does Hulu work for Supercross? That seems like the cheapest option since I don't watch much TV or movies.
1/5/2018 6:08pm Edited Date/Time 1/5/2018 6:08pm
I'm in Canada and a cord cutter. I'm thinking of getting the supercrosslive.tv video pass, its $166 CDN. Does anyone have a coupon code for this service?
Gixxxerboy
1/5/2018 6:57pm Edited Date/Time 1/5/2018 6:57pm
I just cancelled Direct tv after 15 years. No good bastards tried to hold me to a contract!!! I got a cheap ass roku box for 29 bones. Downloaded the Fox go app for free and I already checked and made sure that opening round is on scheduler

Post a reply to: Cord cutters guide to 2018 SX?

The Latest