Copper Webb and Michael Byrne

MLewis72
Edited Date/Time 2/23/2022 9:52am
Weege said in the weege shop Byrne is no longer Coop’s riding coach. I’d say that’s a pretty major move to make in the middle of the season right?
|
2/20/2022 6:08am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2022 6:10am
I told y’all he hired baker a couple weeks back…… coop Back to baker. Then the question mark was put on the title. Coop back to baker? But it’s always been a period.
MLewis72
2/20/2022 6:29am
I told y’all he hired baker a couple weeks back…… coop Back to baker. Then the question mark was put on the title. Coop back to...
I told y’all he hired baker a couple weeks back…… coop Back to baker. Then the question mark was put on the title. Coop back to baker? But it’s always been a period.
Ahh I didn’t see that. Interesting
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
2/20/2022 7:50am
I told y’all he hired baker a couple weeks back…… coop Back to baker. Then the question mark was put on the title. Coop back to...
Still training at the 83 compound. I believe he even mentioned the Lawrence's dad in his podium speech last night for wiping him into shape during the week.
DGE.532
2/20/2022 10:40am
Cool whatever it was he needed it. Nice turnaround ride for coop

The Shop

bthede489
2/20/2022 10:44am
It worries me just how much Baker seems to be the magic pill to cure all training/ fitness woes… I’m worried he has one. You know what I mean.
TeamGreen
2/20/2022 10:56am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2022 10:57am
I, for one, still "ain't seeing it". No, I'm not bagging on Coop. I dig the kid; but, here is what I saw...

He got the Holey...
Got passed by Sexton...
Got passed by Jason...
Got passed by Mookie...

His Avg Lap wasn't very good. He had 12 laps in the 50s.

Still, I think he can win Mains and he still has a shot at the Championship; but, he's got A LOT of work to do.

You know, it wasn't that long ago that people had written El Hombre off. So, I'm not even considering that Cooper "ain't in it".
Grinning

2/20/2022 11:12am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Still training at the 83 compound. I believe he even mentioned the Lawrence's dad in his podium speech last night for wiping him into shape during...
Still training at the 83 compound. I believe he even mentioned the Lawrence's dad in his podium speech last night for wiping him into shape during the week.
You left that snippet of info out of your post in the 'KTM Troubles' thread..

So Lawrence's dad's training input could be to thank for last night's performance, rather than the "package the team found"?

You cant trust a word these pesky riders say these days!
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
2/20/2022 11:34am
You left that snippet of info out of your post in the 'KTM Troubles' thread.. So Lawrence's dad's training input [i]could[/I] be to thank for last...

So Lawrence's dad's training input could be to thank for last night's performance, rather than the "package the team found"?

Couldn’t it be both? He did say it was both.
Zachintosh
2/20/2022 11:39am
TeamGreen wrote:
I, for one, still "ain't seeing it". No, I'm not bagging on Coop. I dig the kid; but, here is what I saw... He got the...
I, for one, still "ain't seeing it". No, I'm not bagging on Coop. I dig the kid; but, here is what I saw...

He got the Holey...
Got passed by Sexton...
Got passed by Jason...
Got passed by Mookie...

Still, I think he can win Mains and he still has a shot at the Championship; but, he's got A LOT of work to do.

You know, it wasn't that long ago that people had written El Hombre off. So, I'm not even considering that Cooper "ain't in it".
Grinning

And on a tight track with jumper whoops…
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
2/20/2022 11:44am
You left that snippet of info out of your post in the 'KTM Troubles' thread.. So Lawrence's dad's training input [i]could[/I] be to thank for last...

One week of training isn't going to catapult a guy's fitness to the next level.
2/20/2022 11:49am
TeamGreen wrote:
I, for one, still "ain't seeing it". No, I'm not bagging on Coop. I dig the kid; but, here is what I saw... He got the...

He got the Holey...
Got passed by Sexton...
Got passed by Jason...
Got passed by Mookie...

Grinning

Ya he put himself in a position to take advantage of others mistakes for sure. But he's gonna need actual speed to make up some points and I'm still not seeing it
2/20/2022 11:52am
bthede489 wrote:
It worries me just how much Baker seems to be the magic pill to cure all training/ fitness woes… I’m worried he has one. You know...
It worries me just how much Baker seems to be the magic pill to cure all training/ fitness woes… I’m worried he has one. You know what I mean.
If that was Baker's secret wouldn't all the rest of the top trainers be using the same shit? Not like it's hard to come by or figure out how to use.
2/20/2022 2:03pm
TeamGreen wrote:

He got the Holey...
Got passed by Sexton...
Got passed by Jason...
Got passed by Mookie...

Grinning

In the heat race Friese was faster than him in the woops.
flarider
2/20/2022 2:06pm
I think too many people put too much into week to week changes rather than the long term throughput.

2/20/2022 2:56pm

-MAVERICK- wrote:
One week of training isn't going to catapult a guy's fitness to the next level.
You’re right!
Just like one weeks of clickers adjustment.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
2/20/2022 4:21pm
You’re right!
Just like one weeks of clickers adjustment.
You have no idea what adjustments they are making. Bike changes week to week could have a far greater impact then training in a weeks time.
2/20/2022 4:47pm
coops start helped immensely, he still looked like he was struggling. Remember last year in some cases he'd be 5 seconds behind with 2-4 laps to go and somehow turn the burners on and win by 5 seconds??? He was just able to reel in make a pass and check. Haven't seen that from him at all this year yet.
MLewis72
2/20/2022 5:51pm
TeamGreen wrote:

He got the Holey...
Got passed by Sexton...
Got passed by Jason...
Got passed by Mookie...

Grinning

In the main when it counted coop was faster
2/20/2022 6:02pm
TeamGreen wrote:

He got the Holey...
Got passed by Sexton...
Got passed by Jason...
Got passed by Mookie...

Grinning

MLewis72 wrote:
Yes he was, but by then Webb was jumping through the woops.
MLewis72
2/20/2022 6:21pm
MLewis72 wrote:
You’re right about that but being a Webb fan, I gotta take what I can get at this point😂
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
2/20/2022 6:29pm Edited Date/Time 2/20/2022 6:29pm
MLewis72 wrote:
MLewis72 wrote:
You’re right about that but being a Webb fan, I gotta take what I can get at this point😂
Brother, if it's down to Coop-Friese comparisons that's a slide way down the hill.

Great rider at peak, one of the best opportunists (along with Anderson), but he was gifted that podium. But that opportunism seems like a talent by itself sometimes.
CPR
2/20/2022 7:51pm
Webb’s obviously searching; dropping two trainers and has had all sorts of bike set up issues.
Meanwhile his teammate stated last night that he hasn’t changed a thing on the bike for weeks.

All changes point in one direction; the rider. Hopefully he sorts it out, because that would make the season even better.
2/20/2022 9:45pm
I think this past race proves that it’s more the bike for Cooper than it is an issue with his fitness. In the last five minutes or so he pulled away from Marv and was catching Malcolm before he fell. That sure didn’t seem like someone who was out of shape.
Tumic
2/20/2022 9:46pm
Best off season ever 🥳
2/21/2022 5:07am
I don’t think it’s a fitness thing, he just isn’t the same as he was on the bike last year, he almost looks timid..
Like this mystery rides we would see from Eli when he couldn’t get comfortable..
flarider
2/21/2022 5:10am
No one seems very consistent on the pumpkins
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
2/21/2022 5:20am
He’s literally said multiple times the previous gen felt like it was made for him on an sx track. He hasn’t gotten the new bike to that point yet. Mookie seems to be close but Webb and mookie couldn’t be more different in style and size. Just because the bike is working for one rider doesn’t mean it is the same for a completely different rider.

It’s funny when riders are honest but then a bunch of people think they are lying and come up with crazy theories.
2/21/2022 8:32am
I think this past race proves that it’s more the bike for Cooper than it is an issue with his fitness. In the last five minutes...
I think this past race proves that it’s more the bike for Cooper than it is an issue with his fitness. In the last five minutes or so he pulled away from Marv and was catching Malcolm before he fell. That sure didn’t seem like someone who was out of shape.
Interesting comment on catching Malcolm. Lap times indicate that Webb was not going to catch Malcolm (without a mistake.) #27 was faster from lap 5 to 17. Webb closed slightly in lap 17 when #27 made a mistake. Then, 27 was faster than #1 for the next 4 laps before falling on lap 22.

Post a reply to: Copper Webb and Michael Byrne

The Latest