Cooper fires back at Kenny

CPR
3/8/2021 11:13pm
...and just to follow up. I think Jason Thomas is channeling me.... lol. ***from Racer X***** [i] Under most circumstances, Roczen is expecting Webb to take...
...and just to follow up.

I think Jason Thomas is channeling me.... lol.

***from Racer X*****

Under most circumstances, Roczen is expecting Webb to take the obvious line which is to dive into the inside rut and come out with the lead. It was the easy, clear move for Webb to make. Instead, he chose to push wide and force Roczen to check up, allowing several riders past him in the process. It was a deliberate, calculated move to ruin Roczen’s start, which is what angered Roczen. Webb wasn’t racing forward; he was intentionally putting Roczen into difficulty. Dirty? No, not really. I would still be angry, though, and I can understand why Roczen was, too. Most riders would try to get out front and separate themselves from the pack on that first lap, but Webb decided to forego that plan in lieu of screwing with Kenny.

https://racerxonline.com/2021/03/08/breakdown-daytona
Finally some unbiased reason without all the fanboy extremism 👍
TeamGreen
3/8/2021 11:39pm
davistld01 wrote:
For "Zen Kenny" to blow up at Webb like that clearly shows Cooper is in his head. I'm rooting for Roczen, but I sure can't do...
For "Zen Kenny" to blow up at Webb like that clearly shows Cooper is in his head. I'm rooting for Roczen, but I sure can't do anything but admire Cooper Webb's race craft and "gamesmanship". If Kenny thinks Cooper is going to back it down and race him like a nice guy...he's obviously got another thing coming. I hope Roczen rises to the challenge, and races Webb like he's racing him.
Exactly.

Anyone remember Webb punting Marv off the track in 2019? His own teammate.

https://youtu.be/cSVVwwS5S-A?t=58
cool_hand wrote:
there are no "team mates" in motocross
Marv did the “Let Broc Bye” thing...as instructed...by his team mgr...and gave it to RD5
burnside
3/9/2021 3:23am
I don't want to open a can of worms here, but feel like it could be relevant psychologically or at least play a factor. Without going into the trenches, whats the history between these two and Kenny's ex?

tingo
3/9/2021 6:37am
burnside wrote:
I don't want to open a can of worms here, but feel like it could be relevant psychologically or at least play a factor. Without going...
I don't want to open a can of worms here, but feel like it could be relevant psychologically or at least play a factor. Without going into the trenches, whats the history between these two and Kenny's ex?

It's not really a can of worms. Webb is married to a chick Roczen used to date. Pretty sure there is a holeshot joke in there somewhere. At some point after Webb started dating her, Roczen went on social media and referred to her as a "hoe and a headache."

While probably not a huge deal, I imagine you're right that it adds to the tension on some level.

The Shop

3/9/2021 6:44am
By your last sentence logic....it's like Kenny has never raced before. He left the door wide open. Roles were reversed, he'd likely have done the same...
By your last sentence logic....it's like Kenny has never raced before. He left the door wide open. Roles were reversed, he'd likely have done the same thing.

I'm pulling for Ken to win title....but his interview last night was 'tard-city. Made him look small.

Yammyam wrote:
Highly doubt he would have done the same thing. Maybe you need to watch it again. Cooper could have came out in the lead if he...
Highly doubt he would have done the same thing. Maybe you need to watch it again. Cooper could have came out in the lead if he just went up the inside of Kenny without taking him wide, but instead he pushed him right out and messed up his own race too by giving the lead to Tomac.
Tomac was going to win no matter what
davistld01
3/9/2021 6:53am Edited Date/Time 3/9/2021 6:55am
burnside wrote:
I don't want to open a can of worms here, but feel like it could be relevant psychologically or at least play a factor. Without going...

tingo wrote:
It's not really a can of worms. Webb is married to a chick Roczen used to date. Pretty sure there is a holeshot joke in there...
It's not really a can of worms. Webb is married to a chick Roczen used to date. Pretty sure there is a holeshot joke in there somewhere. At some point after Webb started dating her, Roczen went on social media and referred to her as a "hoe and a headache."

While probably not a huge deal, I imagine you're right that it adds to the tension on some level.
Whether or not it actually occurred...you just KNOW Webb thought about slapping the taste out of Roczen's mouth for talking about his girlfriend like that. Any man would. There's pride involved. There is no way Webb is still not bitter about that...even if it's just a little bit.

Maybe enough to want to piss Roczen off a little...
3/9/2021 7:28am
burnside wrote:

tingo wrote:
It's not really a can of worms. Webb is married to a chick Roczen used to date. Pretty sure there is a holeshot joke in there...

davistld01 wrote:
Whether or not it actually occurred...you just KNOW Webb thought about slapping the taste out of Roczen's mouth for talking about his girlfriend like that. Any...
Whether or not it actually occurred...you just KNOW Webb thought about slapping the taste out of Roczen's mouth for talking about his girlfriend like that. Any man would. There's pride involved. There is no way Webb is still not bitter about that...even if it's just a little bit.

Depends on the girlfriend.
Tim507
3/9/2021 7:31am
When I was in the US Army (72 to 75) one learned that pay backs are forever.....
burnside
3/9/2021 8:04am
burnside wrote:

tingo wrote:

Thanks for clearing up.
DJB
3/9/2021 8:14am
Promoters should pay cash for top riders to create drama.
VetRider97
3/9/2021 8:28am
...and just to follow up. I think Jason Thomas is channeling me.... lol. ***from Racer X***** [i] Under most circumstances, Roczen is expecting Webb to take...

***from Racer X*****

Under most circumstances, Roczen is expecting Webb to take the obvious line which is to dive into the inside rut and come out with the lead. It was the easy, clear move for Webb to make. Instead, he chose to push wide and force Roczen to check up, allowing several riders past him in the process. It was a deliberate, calculated move to ruin Roczen’s start, which is what angered Roczen. Webb wasn’t racing forward; he was intentionally putting Roczen into difficulty. Dirty? No, not really. I would still be angry, though, and I can understand why Roczen was, too. Most riders would try to get out front and separate themselves from the pack on that first lap, but Webb decided to forego that plan in lieu of screwing with Kenny.

CPR wrote:
Racer X comments are spot on, deliberate calculated move by CW he would not have put on another rider because as long KR behind him he is gaining in the points battle. If I was KR I'd be pissed too knowing the intent of move but it's racing and there is always shit going on between riders

As to CW being in KR's head I think the opposite is true also.... KR is definitely in CW's head to cause him to deliberately go of-line to block pass KR at start because he knows KR can gap him.

One thing for sure CW's move has lit the emotional fuse and something will go down between these 2 in upcoming races as they both are always up front, just hope no one get hurt.
3/9/2021 8:30am
DJB wrote:
i disagree, the sport doesn't need to turn into WWE, plus i like good old fashioned drama the championship and hunger creates not the manufactured kind
ShawdowGlen
3/9/2021 9:04am
DJB wrote:
i disagree, the sport doesn't need to turn into WWE, plus i like good old fashioned drama the championship and hunger creates not the manufactured kind
Agreed, I like that most of the riders are friendly with each other and treat each other with respect. it's kind of like a "family".
davistld01
3/9/2021 9:56am
tingo wrote:

davistld01 wrote:
Whether or not it actually occurred...you just KNOW Webb thought about slapping the taste out of Roczen's mouth for talking about his girlfriend like that. Any...

Depends on the girlfriend.
Ok...point taken.
motomike137
3/9/2021 12:10pm
DJB wrote:
There's an old story from back in the day in Nascar where a couple of drivers got into some fisticuffs in the garage after the race. Bill France senior had them brought to the Nascar hauler for a talking too. He told them that Nascar does not condone fighting and if they ever do it again to do it in front of the fans Wink
peltier626
3/9/2021 12:31pm
DJB wrote:
Two left turns and Roczen lines up on the outside of Webb.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
3/9/2021 12:40pm
DJB wrote:
peltier626 wrote:
Two left turns and Roczen lines up on the outside of Webb.
Webb lined up on the inside of Roczen.
wreckitrandy
3/9/2021 12:55pm

***from Racer X*****

CPR wrote:
VetRider97 wrote:
Racer X comments are spot on, deliberate calculated move by CW he would not have put on another rider because as long KR behind him he...
Racer X comments are spot on, deliberate calculated move by CW he would not have put on another rider because as long KR behind him he is gaining in the points battle. If I was KR I'd be pissed too knowing the intent of move but it's racing and there is always shit going on between riders

As to CW being in KR's head I think the opposite is true also.... KR is definitely in CW's head to cause him to deliberately go of-line to block pass KR at start because he knows KR can gap him.

One thing for sure CW's move has lit the emotional fuse and something will go down between these 2 in upcoming races as they both are always up front, just hope no one get hurt.
If Kenny can automatically gap Webb, how is it that he's been passed in the last turn, at least three times, by the slower rider?
Zycki11
3/9/2021 1:25pm
CPR wrote:
VetRider97 wrote:
Racer X comments are spot on, deliberate calculated move by CW he would not have put on another rider because as long KR behind him he...

If Kenny can automatically gap Webb, how is it that he's been passed in the last turn, at least three times, by the slower rider?
Because Kenny is best at early race sprint speed. While Webb is best at late race charges and race craft.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
3/9/2021 1:27pm
3 times? Huh
Must have been missed some key passes this year. Blame it on the spotters
wreckitrandy
3/9/2021 1:38pm
crusty_xx wrote:
3 times? Huh
Must have been missed some key passes this year. Blame it on the spotters
Been going on for more than this year...
yamaha2000
3/12/2021 3:28am
PNWRider wrote:
KR winning= all me
KR losing and/or underperforming= blame everything and everyone from the suspension guy to the gal at the rental car counter.
Almost every time Ken doesn’t win, theres a novel of excuses to be written on his Instagram posts. Webb’s social media consists of its all me all the time. That’s the mentality to have win or lose.

Post a reply to: Cooper fires back at Kenny

The Latest