Cooper fires back at Kenny

Edited Date/Time 3/9/2021 1:39pm

|
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
3/7/2021 8:22am
Never liked Webb but damn he's making things interesting. And we're only half way in. I just hope the two mess with each other just enough to let Eli catch up in points Whistling
crowe660
Fantasy
4049th
3/7/2021 8:23am
Webb is playing chess. Kenny's playing with himself?
Bot
3/7/2021 8:25am
crowe660 wrote:
Webb is playing chess. Kenny's playing with himself?
im a kroc fan, but thats super funny

The Shop

gt80rider
3/7/2021 8:53am
Love it hate him, Webb has a race craft like no other. He never settles for a position until he's crossed the checkers.
Race craft like no other??? Mc took his shirt off.... mc was always in perfect position, regardless of what was going on.... in turn webb is basically a watered down barcia with a touch more speed....
Ted722
3/7/2021 8:58am
Love it hate him, Webb has a race craft like no other. He never settles for a position until he's crossed the checkers.
gt80rider wrote:
Race craft like no other??? Mc took his shirt off.... mc was always in perfect position, regardless of what was going on.... in turn webb is...
Race craft like no other??? Mc took his shirt off.... mc was always in perfect position, regardless of what was going on.... in turn webb is basically a watered down barcia with a touch more speed....
? doubt he was comparing to Mc. In today's field, his statement is valid.
Spat24
Fantasy
856th
3/7/2021 9:03am
I like KR but it happened on the 2nd turn of the race. He had 20 laps to overcome it and didn't. I believe KR has taken people high in corners as well - don't think there is a difference.
3/7/2021 9:10am
gt80rider wrote:
Race craft like no other??? Mc took his shirt off.... mc was always in perfect position, regardless of what was going on.... in turn webb is...
Ted722 wrote:
? doubt he was comparing to Mc. In today's field, his statement is valid.
Exactly. And drawing any parallels with Barcia is laughable
Philly215
3/7/2021 9:21am
As a Kenny fan, he’s extremely frustrating because he always seems to choke whenever Webb is involved. He had that chance to pass Webb in the sand section I believe and didn’t pull it off. Then he couldn’t reel it back in and butchered that rythm section. He looks like he’s going to be the fastest guy, best qualifying, easy heat win, and then Webb just breaks him every time.

Plus Webb can go to beast mode at the end of the race. Like reeling Plessinger in and getting by him. Didn’t think that was even a possibility and they didn’t show it on the TV.
TeamGreen
3/7/2021 9:42am
“If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him.”

Sun Tzu
Oh, no you didn’t! Grinning
kylemenz1
Fantasy
933rd
3/7/2021 10:05am
Everyone thought my post about Roczen losing the championship by 6 points belonged in the dumbgon. We’ll see what happens...
3/7/2021 10:06am
“If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him.”

Sun Tzu
TeamGreen wrote:
Oh, no you didn’t! Grinning
Yes Sir I sure did Smile . It is required reading in my family, along with “The Prince”. I had my son also read “Blood Meridian” when he was 12. My other boy will read it as well.

You have got to know what you’re up against in this life. But I’m considered “the crazy-intense neighbor” so don’t be like me. Having said that, I think I totally understand what Webb is doing and would be doing the same if I were him.
kpiper
3/7/2021 10:10am
Kenny's comments we the result of years of frustration with Webb getting in front of him like that, not just last night.

It just finally spilled over.
Mit12
3/7/2021 10:28am
kylemenz1 wrote:
Everyone thought my post about Roczen losing the championship by 6 points belonged in the dumbgon. We’ll see what happens...
If Roczen looses this championship it wont be because of the points he lost due to penalties, it will be the points he lost because to Webb in the races. Roczen has given up 13 points to Webb in three races..
Yammyam
3/7/2021 12:36pm
kpiper wrote:
Kenny's comments we the result of years of frustration with Webb getting in front of him like that, not just last night. It just finally spilled...
Kenny's comments we the result of years of frustration with Webb getting in front of him like that, not just last night.

I think his comments were the result of his race being ruined by Webb. It was a good move but if you're in Kenny's shoes you had a good start and Webb went out of way to ruin it, of course he's gunna be pissed. It's almost like some of you have never raced before.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
3/7/2021 12:40pm
kpiper wrote:
Kenny's comments we the result of years of frustration with Webb getting in front of him like that, not just last night. It just finally spilled...

Yammyam wrote:
I think his comments were the result of his race being ruined by Webb. It was a good move but if you're in Kenny's shoes you...
I think his comments were the result of his race being ruined by Webb. It was a good move but if you're in Kenny's shoes you had a good start and Webb went out of way to ruin it, of course he's gunna be pissed. It's almost like some of you have never raced before.
He was on Webbs rear fender later in the race and ended up getting dropped. That move at the start is no excuse.
ShawdowGlen
3/7/2021 12:44pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2021 12:45pm
Yammyam wrote:
I think his comments were the result of his race being ruined by Webb. It was a good move but if you're in Kenny's shoes you...
By your last sentence logic....it's like Kenny has never raced before. He left the door wide open. Roles were reversed, he'd likely have done the same thing.

I'm pulling for Ken to win title....but his interview last night was 'tard-city. Made him look small.

Yammyam
3/7/2021 12:48pm
seth505 wrote:
He was on Webbs rear fender later in the race and ended up getting dropped. That move at the start is no excuse.
How is it not? You don't think his race would have been better if he didn't get punted into the tough blocks and pushed back to 8th or something? Huh
Yammyam
3/7/2021 12:53pm
By your last sentence logic....it's like Kenny has never raced before. He left the door wide open. Roles were reversed, he'd likely have done the same...
By your last sentence logic....it's like Kenny has never raced before. He left the door wide open. Roles were reversed, he'd likely have done the same thing.

I'm pulling for Ken to win title....but his interview last night was 'tard-city. Made him look small.

Highly doubt he would have done the same thing. Maybe you need to watch it again. Cooper could have came out in the lead if he just went up the inside of Kenny without taking him wide, but instead he pushed him right out and messed up his own race too by giving the lead to Tomac.
3/7/2021 12:56pm
seth505 wrote:
Yammyam wrote:
How is it not? You don't think his race would have been better if he didn't get punted into the tough blocks and pushed back to...
How is it not? You don't think his race would have been better if he didn't get punted into the tough blocks and pushed back to 8th or something? Huh
Punted into the tough blocks? Some of you are way too dramatic. Ken wasn’t punted, he was pushed wide. Webb had the inside, and that means Webb controls when to turn. Webb choose to go wide, and Ken went right along with him. If ken wanted to control the first turn, he should have been inside of Webb.

Neither rider went down, and Roczen was right behind Webb at times and never made the move. Stop acting like being pushed wide 10 seconds into the race made the difference in results
ShawdowGlen
3/7/2021 1:02pm
Yammyam wrote:
Highly doubt he would have done the same thing. Maybe you need to watch it again. Cooper could have came out in the lead if he...
Highly doubt he would have done the same thing. Maybe you need to watch it again. Cooper could have came out in the lead if he just went up the inside of Kenny without taking him wide, but instead he pushed him right out and messed up his own race too by giving the lead to Tomac.
You're not thinking "chess" moves.

Cooper knew he could have taken the lead. Tomac is no threat to Webb in the title right now. He knows Daytona is Tomas house and he surely would have lost that lead anyway....noone was touching Eli last night (unless Eli blew it himself). He put Kenny back a bunch of positions so it kept him off Webbs fender longer.

Calculated move.

Like I said in the other thread. Webb is playing "Kasparov" level game here.

3/7/2021 1:06pm
I think 90% of us may act like Kenny in this positition, he must be so frustrated of all the effort put in and its not going his way.

My money ( 2c ) is actually on Tomac.

Yammyam
3/7/2021 1:12pm
Punted into the tough blocks? Some of you are way too dramatic. Ken wasn’t punted, he was pushed wide. Webb had the inside, and that means...
Punted into the tough blocks? Some of you are way too dramatic. Ken wasn’t punted, he was pushed wide. Webb had the inside, and that means Webb controls when to turn. Webb choose to go wide, and Ken went right along with him. If ken wanted to control the first turn, he should have been inside of Webb.

Neither rider went down, and Roczen was right behind Webb at times and never made the move. Stop acting like being pushed wide 10 seconds into the race made the difference in results
Punted is definitely a bit dramatic but I don't possibly understand how you can believe Ken getting pushed back to 7th or 8th when he could have came out 2nd didn't make a difference in the results
Yammyam
3/7/2021 1:15pm
Yammyam wrote:
Highly doubt he would have done the same thing. Maybe you need to watch it again. Cooper could have came out in the lead if he...
You're not thinking "chess" moves. Cooper knew he could have taken the lead. Tomac is no threat to Webb in the title right now. He knows...
You're not thinking "chess" moves.

Cooper knew he could have taken the lead. Tomac is no threat to Webb in the title right now. He knows Daytona is Tomas house and he surely would have lost that lead anyway....noone was touching Eli last night (unless Eli blew it himself). He put Kenny back a bunch of positions so it kept him off Webbs fender longer.

Calculated move.

Like I said in the other thread. Webb is playing "Kasparov" level game here.

I said it was a good move on Webb's part, just not from Ken's point of view which was why he was pissed. Any one of you would have been pissed too so why hate him for his comments?
ShawdowGlen
3/7/2021 1:18pm
Yammyam wrote:
I said it was a good move on Webb's part, just not from Ken's point of view which was why he was pissed. Any one of...
I said it was a good move on Webb's part, just not from Ken's point of view which was why he was pissed. Any one of you would have been pissed too so why hate him for his comments?
I don't hate Ken. I've said it a million times...I want him to win the title. I'm a fan of both riders. Ken bitching about a clean race move made him look small.

3/7/2021 1:31pm
I don't like Webb at all and am definitely pulling for Roczen, but that was not a good look. He just needs to shut the hell up and beat him.
berm surfer
3/7/2021 1:42pm
kpiper wrote:

Yammyam wrote:
Dude, it sounds like you've never raced before! If you've never been taken high in a corner or taken someone else high in a corner you've prob never raced or even been on a practice track nonetheless...
plowboy
3/7/2021 1:43pm
I'm rooting for Kenny but dang...that Webb is one crafty sumbitch. He is like that pool shark that sees his every shot right from the break. Don't give him a shot or he'll run the table on ya.
G-man
3/7/2021 1:50pm
kpiper wrote:

Yammyam wrote:
Dude, it sounds like you've never raced before! If you've never been taken high in a corner or taken someone else high in a corner you've...
Dude, it sounds like you've never raced before! If you've never been taken high in a corner or taken someone else high in a corner you've prob never raced or even been on a practice track nonetheless...
Haha,
That's what I was thinking the guy is probably still in the beginner class if he thinks what Cooper did was uncalled for.

My gawd these are guys racing for high stakes BIG $$ not plastic trophies.

Webb never even touched him!

Post a reply to: Cooper fires back at Kenny

The Latest