Cooper smelled blood in the water

Edited Date/Time 4/18/2021 2:23am
‘nuff said. What an incredible season of Supercross!

Throughout this whole season, Roczen has played the role of the fast and sleek gazelle to Webb’s lion. The lion ate tonight.
|
captmoto
4/17/2021 7:18pm
I really had my doubts. He does have an amazing 5 minute sprint at the end of each race. I thought Tomac would get him and that that might break him and give AP a shot. That was a complete 180 for Webb.
bowl
4/17/2021 7:18pm
Kenny was doing 1.40 laps.
He froze n gifted it to webb.

The Shop

4/17/2021 8:05pm
captmoto wrote:
I really had my doubts. He does have an amazing 5 minute sprint at the end of each race. I thought Tomac would get him and...
I really had my doubts. He does have an amazing 5 minute sprint at the end of each race. I thought Tomac would get him and that that might break him and give AP a shot. That was a complete 180 for Webb.
When Barcia was behind him I thought "here we go." He dropped Barcia passed AP and after Roczens mistake that was all she wrote. One of his more impressive wins this year considering how he didn't mesh with this track at all it seemed
4/17/2021 8:13pm
KR was on another level, on rails. But those bent bars from the crash cost him comfort and speed. Great racing though.
Logan_724
4/17/2021 8:22pm
KR was on another level, on rails. But those bent bars from the crash cost him comfort and speed. Great racing though.
He was railing.. probably should have backed it down a bit. Those whoops were getting very slippery.
kpiper
4/17/2021 8:38pm
The "bent bars" was just normal Kenny giving an excuse.

He barely could even say it convincingly though, "My bars were bent a little."
4/17/2021 8:59pm
Kenny's never wrong and never to blame. Dumped a girl who called him on his BS and found another content with towing the line. Coop and his chick are probably laughing their asses off these days about it all. Winning!
xrmark
4/17/2021 9:27pm
Every Kenny fanboy has an excuse for why he blows it every year lol never fails
FerCzD
4/17/2021 9:35pm

ShawdowGlen
4/17/2021 10:23pm
Holy freaking shit. Atlanta this year has been some of the best racing in a long time on the best tracks in a long time.

THIS is Supercross!

I thought Webb was just going to limp out of Atlanta....thought Atlanta owned his ass.

This guy has HEART like none other.

What a race. I'm hoarse from screaming, my Adrenalin had my heart pounding in my ears.

EPIC.

Big fan of both KR/CW, have been pulling for a KR title....but this year is Webbs, he has EARNED it.
captmoto
4/17/2021 11:14pm
Not how to deal with adversity. Some times you just have to nut up. It's almost like KR94 won't get pissed and just hammer.
Alan Dove
4/18/2021 2:22am Edited Date/Time 4/18/2021 2:23am
Was I seeing things when Cooper was mm away from losing the win on the last lap? Just got a little lucky

So both riders made mistakes while leading, yet one is a choke and the other is what?
Raikzz
4/18/2021 2:22am
COOPER FUCKING WEBB!!!! TOTAL BEAST !
teamddr
4/18/2021 2:26am
Don’t like cooper but he is the man at SX
The only guy capable of beating him has a better voice but keeps fluffing his line’s. Kenny would like the title but cooper just has the have it no options. This thing is done now.
bowl
4/18/2021 2:30am
Alan Dove wrote:
Was I seeing things when Cooper was [i]mm [/i]away from losing the win on the last lap? Just got a little lucky So both riders made...
Was I seeing things when Cooper was mm away from losing the win on the last lap? Just got a little lucky

So both riders made mistakes while leading, yet one is a choke and the other is what?
You watch the race ,??
Kenny still had 5-6 second leader after crash.
Vw made mistake last lap n kr could still not capitalize , cause KR was so timid last few laps.
ShawdowGlen
4/18/2021 9:31am
Alan Dove wrote:
Was I seeing things when Cooper was [i]mm [/i]away from losing the win on the last lap? Just got a little lucky So both riders made...

I don't see Ken going down in the whoops as a choke. You heard them all say....the whoops and the track were brutal. It looked brutal on TV, I can't imagine what it looked like being in it.

Webb could have easily gone down himself multiple times and nearly did.

Kenny had 12 second lead....he clearly owned the track tonight. Mistakes happen.

Epic racing all around.... Watching KR and CW right now is watching greatness.

Lets not forget Tomacs ATL 1 win.... greatness!

We need more of these types of tracks....stadium cookie cutter races have become repeat-ocross. This type of track shakes things up.
4/18/2021 9:32am
bowl wrote:
Kenny was doing 1.40 laps.
He froze n gifted it to webb.
Wouldn't that be "blood in the water?"
4/18/2021 9:37am
Alan Dove wrote:

I don't see Ken going down in the whoops as a choke. You heard them all say....the whoops and the track were brutal. It looked brutal...

I don't see Ken going down in the whoops as a choke. You heard them all say....the whoops and the track were brutal. It looked brutal on TV, I can't imagine what it looked like being in it.

Webb could have easily gone down himself multiple times and nearly did.

Kenny had 12 second lead....he clearly owned the track tonight. Mistakes happen.

Epic racing all around.... Watching KR and CW right now is watching greatness.

Lets not forget Tomacs ATL 1 win.... greatness!

We need more of these types of tracks....stadium cookie cutter races have become repeat-ocross. This type of track shakes things up.
Going down in the whoops was not the choke. Losing 4 seconds per lap by riding tentatively afterwards was the choke.
D_L118
4/18/2021 9:45am
Atlanta 3 was more about Kenny choking then Cooper turning into beast mode.
He just gapped the field, big time. And then made a small mistake.
I just don't get it why he panicked. The way he was riding, he should really feel unbeatable today, yet he still let the door open to Cooper.
Was Cooper really riding that defensive during the main? Plessinger nor Tomac never really made a real attempt to pass him.
ShawdowGlen
4/18/2021 10:00am
Going down in the whoops was not the choke. Losing 4 seconds per lap by riding tentatively afterwards was the choke.
I don't make a habit of speaking for a rider or make excuses for them....but it sounded like his bars were bent. Also, I don't know about you, but when I crashed during a race, it took a little wind out of my sails.

4/18/2021 10:59am
I don't make a habit of speaking for a rider or make excuses for them....but it sounded like his bars were bent. Also, I don't know...
I don't make a habit of speaking for a rider or make excuses for them....but it sounded like his bars were bent. Also, I don't know about you, but when I crashed during a race, it took a little wind out of my sails.

I'm not saying he didn't have reasons for the choke. Just saying it existed.
dan45mt
4/18/2021 11:13am
All three Atlanta races have been great! Regarding Atlanta 3 I think Webb really turned it up once he could see Kenny in the last few laps. Tomac was really pressuring him until he saw Kenny and voila, Webb stepped his game up to a new level!
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
4/18/2021 11:50am
Are there any pictures of his bent bars. I never noticed anything seriously out of place.

Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
4/18/2021 11:52am
This is what I call bent....Another classic from Magoo.

Post a reply to: Cooper smelled blood in the water

The Latest