Cooper leaves?

Zack981
10/11/2020 12:35pm
Anybody think that Jeremy Martin hung out and celebrated when Cooper Webb won the 250MX championship in 2016?
LoudLove
10/11/2020 12:39pm
LoudLove wrote:
If he cleared it with Star management, no problem. They are his employer, and it’s not unprofessional to request an early exit. However; if he just...
If he cleared it with Star management, no problem. They are his employer, and it’s not unprofessional to request an early exit. However; if he just walked, that sets a tone...
Brent wrote:
I don't understand the "early exit" statement. Cooper is paid to race and to conduct PR with fans. His racing was done for whatever reason, and...
I don't understand the "early exit" statement.

Cooper is paid to race and to conduct PR with fans. His racing was done for whatever reason, and there was no after race autograph session to attend. He's not an employee on the clock, he is an independent contractor.

I dont understand the needless drama over the dude leaving when his job is done.
No drama. As stated, Cooper likely let folks know he was departing, versus simply leaving in a huff because his bike failed.

Mechanics and other support personnel bust their butts each week for a fraction of what riders earn. And those same mechanics will be at the track long after the checkers fly as well.

Cooper was justifiably frustrated after a solid first moto. But overall his results have been very inconsistent, meaning he should be cognizant of his actions off the bike. Especially when the camera are rolling.
Kryan5
10/11/2020 1:44pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
You’d think he’s stay around and support the team that is paying him X amount of $ the last few years and will continue to pay...
You’d think he’s stay around and support the team that is paying him X amount of $ the last few years and will continue to pay him for the next two.
Kryan5 wrote:
Do you hang around work once your shift/day is over to pep up other employees?
mxb2 wrote:
Maybe celebrate with a title winning team member, last race of the year. Are you the guy thats the only one that doesnt come to a...
Maybe celebrate with a title winning team member, last race of the year. Are you the guy thats the only one that doesnt come to a work party cause you wanna pout?
I believe you are confusing motocross with a team sport or MXoN.
Kryan5
10/11/2020 1:49pm
Stanton is such a dick to not celebrate Bayles championships... just stfu. Some of yous logic is insane.

The Shop

mxb2
10/11/2020 2:15pm
Kryan5 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Maybe celebrate with a title winning team member, last race of the year. Are you the guy thats the only one that doesnt come to a...
Maybe celebrate with a title winning team member, last race of the year. Are you the guy thats the only one that doesnt come to a work party cause you wanna pout?
Kryan5 wrote:
Nope, star is a team also. If jcooper won, would he stick around,. Of course he would.
Kryan5
10/11/2020 2:19pm Edited Date/Time 10/11/2020 2:22pm
mxb2 wrote:
Kryan5 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Nope, star is a team also. If jcooper won, would he stick around,. Of course he would.
Bro, you're missing it. Sorry.
mxb2
10/11/2020 2:33pm
Kryan5 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Kryan5 wrote:
Ok, lol. Not my team, decision. So at the end of the day. If the star owner doesnt care. No biggie.
Kryan5
10/11/2020 3:13pm
mxb2 wrote:
Kryan5 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Ok, lol. Not my team, decision. So at the end of the day. If the star owner doesnt care. No biggie.
Get off my lawn.
10/11/2020 3:47pm
This will be my 5th Consecutive year skipping my employee Christmas party in 5 years of employment...

Ghost

18 years with the same company, and I have never been to the Christmas party.
bvm111
10/11/2020 3:53pm
if you would have sat in the line leaving Pala yesterday you would totally understand why he left when he could. We tailgated until 645 yesterday and it still damn near took 2 hours to get to the BWW in temecula.... the phone said 8.2miles from the track to give you reference of what the traffic was like.
RCMXracing
10/11/2020 4:00pm
I’ll take “Not a good look for $500 Alex.” Everyone is entitled to their own pity party tantrum from time to time but there are cameras everywhere. He will regret that move.
Brent
10/11/2020 4:07pm Edited Date/Time 10/11/2020 4:11pm
philG wrote:
I worked in professional motorsports for 15 years, and won championships i know how it works . When your team wins the championship, they want a...
I worked in professional motorsports for 15 years, and won championships i know how it works .

When your team wins the championship, they want a picture for the wall, and everyone is expected to be on it.

When our team won , against the odds, they bussed every member of staff from the factory, to the event , just for that purpose.

And then you party.

Or do you do it differently when you wrap a championship ?

So Justin Cooper is supposed to stay at the track and celebrate that his competitor won, and took money out of his pocket by beating him ? I don’t think so.

They are not friends during the week, I can tell you that for certain.

Bob Hannah was a major dickhead to his fellow Yamaha riders, but he had one thing correct- every man for himself if there is money involved, and don’t make friends with the guys you line up on the gate with to compete for that money, even if they are paid by the same manufacturer that you are.

Next you are going to tell me that pro fighters hang out after the match when the first guy kicks the second guy’s ass because they are both paid by the same organizer...
10/11/2020 4:10pm
Was there some announcement on TV or something that he had left? How do you guys know for sure that he left? I was at the race and haven’t watched it on TV yet
Kryan5
10/11/2020 4:37pm
Was there some announcement on TV or something that he had left? How do you guys know for sure that he left? I was at the...
Was there some announcement on TV or something that he had left? How do you guys know for sure that he left? I was at the race and haven’t watched it on TV yet
Yes there was and he didn't stick around to collect his participation trophy! The outrage!
10/11/2020 4:40pm
Was there some announcement on TV or something that he had left? How do you guys know for sure that he left? I was at the...
Kryan5 wrote:
Yes there was and he didn't stick around to collect his participation trophy! The outrage!
Participation trophy😂
LKHill
10/11/2020 5:14pm
Ha, Ha, If I had a butt patch like that and just got my ass handed to me by the guy I would have got the hell out of dodge too.
10/11/2020 6:46pm

WaterGate hotel Christmas Party?
jemcee
10/11/2020 8:16pm
I reckon it was just a moment that depends on how you feel about him..
If you like him you'll be fine with it
If you don't you'll have a problem with it..
Easily annoyed by it and easily defended
I don't think it was a good look and made me roll my eyes but nothing I'm gonna get in a huff about..
Unless of course he left a big mess in the truck or something disrespectful like that! Absolutely not saying he would or did, just saying..
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
10/11/2020 9:26pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
You’d think he’s stay around and support the team that is paying him X amount of $ the last few years and will continue to pay...
You’d think he’s stay around and support the team that is paying him X amount of $ the last few years and will continue to pay him for the next two.
Kryan5 wrote:
Actually yes, I do. Part of my job as a manager.
philG
10/12/2020 2:17am
philG wrote:
I worked in professional motorsports for 15 years, and won championships i know how it works . When your team wins the championship, they want a...
I worked in professional motorsports for 15 years, and won championships i know how it works .

When your team wins the championship, they want a picture for the wall, and everyone is expected to be on it.

When our team won , against the odds, they bussed every member of staff from the factory, to the event , just for that purpose.

And then you party.

Brent wrote:
So Justin Cooper is supposed to stay at the track and celebrate that his competitor won, and took money out of his pocket by beating him...
So Justin Cooper is supposed to stay at the track and celebrate that his competitor won, and took money out of his pocket by beating him ? I don’t think so.

Bob Hannah was a major dickhead to his fellow Yamaha riders, but he had one thing correct- every man for himself if there is money involved, and don’t make friends with the guys you line up on the gate with to compete for that money, even if they are paid by the same manufacturer that you are.

Next you are going to tell me that pro fighters hang out after the match when the first guy kicks the second guy’s ass because they are both paid by the same organizer...
You are beyond clueless.

Next year people will be asking 'why is Cooper out of a ride at the end of the year'.

Because of stuff like this.
ATKpilot99
10/12/2020 7:40am
philG wrote:

And then you party.

Brent wrote:
So Justin Cooper is supposed to stay at the track and celebrate that his competitor won, and took money out of his pocket by beating him...

philG wrote:
You are beyond clueless. Next year people will be asking 'why is Cooper out of a ride at the end of the year'. Because of stuff...
You are beyond clueless.

Next year people will be asking 'why is Cooper out of a ride at the end of the year'.

Because of stuff like this.
I think if they feel he can win races they'll hang on to him . If not they won't. Not because he left early. Jesus I can't believe this thread is this long.....and I helped lengthen it. Pinch
teamddr
10/12/2020 7:47am
Can’t believe Cooper is getting abuse. Obviously his dog is calling the shots and he wanted to go early. In all seriousness this guy had the nuts to go and represent his country in the MXON and ride great with a broken hand and terrible conditions. Some people on here need to get a life.
MudPup545
10/12/2020 8:32am
This will be my 5th Consecutive year skipping my employee Christmas party in 5 years of employment...

Ghost

23+ years here at my job. I have attended exactly one work related party/event. Only reason I did it was so that my family could see the inside of an auto plant.
LoudLove
10/12/2020 8:42am
Cooper could be the victim of bad timing, i.e. the cameras caught him leaving w/o any background info. Let’s assume he thanked his team manager and mechanics for their efforts this season before departing. It was a crazy year for everyone, and Cooper likely took advantage of the mechanical to beat post-race traffic.
walent215
10/12/2020 8:50am
LoudLove wrote:
Cooper could be the victim of bad timing, i.e. the cameras caught him leaving w/o any background info. Let’s assume he thanked his team manager and...
Cooper could be the victim of bad timing, i.e. the cameras caught him leaving w/o any background info. Let’s assume he thanked his team manager and mechanics for their efforts this season before departing. It was a crazy year for everyone, and Cooper likely took advantage of the mechanical to beat post-race traffic.
Yup, we don’t always know what people are going thru! I mean for all we know he got called away for a family emergency or something!
591MX
10/12/2020 8:51am
Am I the only one who sometimes feels ashamed and embarrassed that I took the time to read an entire thread?
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
10/12/2020 8:52am

Ghost

MudPup545 wrote:
23+ years here at my job. I have attended exactly one work related party/event. Only reason I did it was so that my family could see...
23+ years here at my job. I have attended exactly one work related party/event. Only reason I did it was so that my family could see the inside of an auto plant.
You guys are missing out on that delicious Monday morning awkwardness as everyone tries to piece together WTF happened, and the hot chick in reception spends the day wearing an obvious cloak of shame as she stares blankly at the wall trying desperately not to notice the group of guys high-fiving the married guy in the corner office. Or so I've heard . . .
gt80rider
10/12/2020 9:47am
150ripper wrote:
Imagine how it would feel to get prepped and ready for the last moto of the year, knowing you have no shot at the title, only...
Imagine how it would feel to get prepped and ready for the last moto of the year, knowing you have no shot at the title, only to have your bike quit on the way to the gate. I'd wanna get the hell out of there, too.
exactly.... season is a wrap, no need to hang around
LKHill
10/12/2020 9:54am
teamddr wrote:
Can’t believe Cooper is getting abuse. Obviously his dog is calling the shots and he wanted to go early. In all seriousness this guy had the...
Can’t believe Cooper is getting abuse. Obviously his dog is calling the shots and he wanted to go early. In all seriousness this guy had the nuts to go and represent his country in the MXON and ride great with a broken hand and terrible conditions. Some people on here need to get a life.
Nuts or his ego got in the way. Given his performance it was the wrong decision. In a team sport not only did he take out himself but his teammate as well. Great performance?
teamddr
10/12/2020 10:03am
teamddr wrote:
Can’t believe Cooper is getting abuse. Obviously his dog is calling the shots and he wanted to go early. In all seriousness this guy had the...
LKHill wrote:
Nuts or his ego got in the way. Given his performance it was the wrong decision. In a team sport not only did he take out...
Nuts or his ego got in the way. Given his performance it was the wrong decision. In a team sport not only did he take out himself but his teammate as well. Great performance?
Did you watch the race in the Saturday

Post a reply to: Cooper leaves?

The Latest