Cooper and Austin as ambassadors

Related:
Create New Tag

6/11/2020 8:01 AM

If Cooper and Austin become the faces of Supercross will interest take a hit? How much does likeability affect viewership?

|

6/11/2020 8:08 AM

Cooper not likeable? lol. How do you not like this kid. He's tough as nails, has the best racecraft and has character. He's a no BS scrapper.

|

Support those who protect us....our military, law enforcement and 1st responders.

6/11/2020 8:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2020 8:17 AM

Indian_Dunes_4ever wrote:

Cooper not likeable? lol. How do you not like this kid. He's tough as nails, has the best racecraft and has character. He's a no BS scrapper.

No BS like trying to get into people's heads on the starting line or look-backs after a heat race? He's definitely tough as nails though and his racecraft is awesome.

|

6/11/2020 8:22 AM

It's an opinion obviously, but I don't care for him. I think he's arrogant and shows no humility personally. That being said, I can't deny he is one hell of a good rider, and backs up a lot of his cockiness.

|

6/11/2020 8:54 AM

Austin has annoyed me on a few occasions but in general i root for him because hes a top talent. Cooper annoyed me for a good year or so but hes very good and is probably the best defensive 1st place rider ive seen in a long time. Him not being humble every second is okay with me, we need attitude. Baseball has almost zero main stream stars, theyre all boring. I dont know anyone who gives a shit about mike trout.

|

6/11/2020 9:01 AM

str8line wrote:

If Cooper and Austin become the faces of Supercross will interest take a hit? How much does likeability affect viewership?

Is this the stuff that keeps you up at night?

|

6/11/2020 9:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2020 9:33 AM

str8line wrote:

GuyB wrote:

Nah. Just a thought. But I bet the guys at Feld think about it. They probably love Jett.

|

6/11/2020 9:37 AM

str8line wrote:

GuyB wrote:

str8line wrote:

Nah. Just a thought. But I bet the guys at Feld think about it. They probably love Jett.

If they don't love him, there's certainly enough people here that do to make up for it.

|

6/11/2020 9:52 AM

str8line wrote:

GuyB wrote:

str8line wrote:

The only thing FELD is thinking is 'Hey, did Monster just convince us to have the final rounds at elevation because only 1 of the top 5 guys lives and trains at elevation and he is a Monster rider?'

there's your conspiracy theory...let that keep you up at night...

[albeit the same result...3 seems determined to finally get this done either way]

|

6/11/2020 9:58 AM

GuyB wrote:

str8line wrote:

reynardfan1 wrote:

The only thing FELD is thinking is 'Hey, did Monster just convince us to have the final rounds at elevation because only 1 of the top 5 guys lives and trains at elevation and he is a Monster rider?'

[albeit the same result...3 seems determined to finally get this done either way]

Monster convinced them to do that. I'm going to have to give you a five Pinnochio rating for the level of making stuff up that you've achieved there.

|

6/11/2020 10:47 AM

Cooper is the man. All you need to know.

|

6/11/2020 11:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2020 2:51 PM

EvelMX11 wrote:

He is really becoming pretty dominant. Nice to see his whoop craft coming along too. Barring any careeer injuries, I have a feeling he's going to be a force for years to come.

He and Eli are next level. Ken was there too before SLC. I hate seeing Ken fade. Really wanted to see him get a title this year. Probably his last chance.

|

Support those who protect us....our military, law enforcement and 1st responders.

6/11/2020 11:11 AM

Cooper Webb or Justin Cooper?

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

6/11/2020 2:20 PM

He is really becoming pretty dominant. Nice to see his whoop craft coming along too. Barring any careeer injuries, I have a feeling he's going to be a force for years to come.

He and Eli are next level. Ken was there too before SLC. I hate seeing Ken fade. Really wanted to see him get a title this year. Probably his last chance.

Wrong Cooper, Boomer

|

6/11/2020 2:22 PM

Does it matter? Ricky was disliked for years. He turned his interview skills around and became
Great at speaking and as a ambassador. Give the kids a break. They are still growing up.

|

6/11/2020 2:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2020 2:28 PM

Justin Cooper has really grown up this year. I've always liked him but he did annoy me outdoors with the whining with AC, but after Nations where he rhode injured and did the best he could and showed alot of heart and I think he changed after that. Now he's been alot more laid back and well spoken and matured this year. He's owned up to his mistakes and his riding has been great. I love Austin also but man drama follows him everywhere.

|

6/11/2020 2:35 PM

If you're talking about Cooper Webb, then this is seriously dumb. The guy literally created the most exciting pass in the history of Supercross.

|

6/11/2020 2:47 PM

BroFoSho wrote:

Wrong Cooper, Boomer

Really.... so the OP used first name for Austin and then used last name for Cooper. ` That makes perfect sense in your world I guess.

As I see it, Justin Cooper does not have an image issue. I can see why the easily offended generation would be offended by Cooper Webb.

|

6/11/2020 2:48 PM

I was talking about Cooper Webb, using his and Austin's first names, not Justin Cooper. Sorry about the confusion.
|

6/11/2020 2:52 PM

EvelMX11 wrote:

Dominant? At what? Only one person can dominate and I’d say nobody is dominating at the moment. Certainly not Cooper.

|

6/11/2020 5:07 PM

I think the face of Supercross should be that French dude. He should walk up to the podium with no shirt, a Hendrix Strat or a Page Doubleneck around his neck, Cigarette hanging out of his mouth (‘70s Rock Star style) ...”hotter than hot” chicks by his side(Including his hot-as-hell lady)...a bottle of Jack in hand...
And dedicate the title to his dog.

But, hey, that’s just me and if this doesn’t make ya laugh? Well, then, I can’t help ya.

grin

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

6/11/2020 5:13 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

I think the face of Supercross should be that French dude. He should walk up to the podium with no shirt, a Hendrix Strat or a Page Doubleneck around his neck, Cigarette hanging out of his mouth (‘70s Rock Star style) ...”hotter than hot” chicks by his side(Including his hot-as-hell lady)...a bottle of Jack in hand...

But, hey, that’s just me and if this doesn’t make ya laugh? Well, then, I can’t help ya.

grin

Made me laugh....silly

I'd post a laughing gif....but a couple of nancies will probably complain about it.

|

6/11/2020 5:20 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

grin

Made me laugh....silly

I'd post a laughing gif....but a couple of nancies will probably complain about it.

I forgot bell-bottoms...

|

6/11/2020 5:21 PM

GuyB wrote:

str8line wrote:

reynardfan1 wrote:

If only a Red Bull KTM rider had not won half the races!

|

6/11/2020 5:22 PM

So, you’re calling him a “newer younger Hannah”?

|

6/12/2020 2:56 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

grin

Made me laugh....silly

TeamGreen wrote:

I forgot bell-bottoms...

I laughed. Then remembered Bamburg playing the anthem at Washougal with a couple of F15s blasting just over the treetops.

|

6/12/2020 3:11 PM

GuyB wrote:

str8line wrote:

reynardfan1 wrote:

Like brown and marchbanks advantages?

|

6/12/2020 5:58 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

I forgot bell-bottoms...

Thank heavens smile

|

6/12/2020 6:29 PM

I met Austin this year and he was the only guy at the Kawi camp that talked to me like a person. Maybe he’s arrogant in some ways, but he’s a nice guy. I’m a fan

|

6/12/2020 8:26 PM

Made me laugh....silly

TeamGreen wrote:

I forgot bell-bottoms...

cwtoyota wrote:

I laughed. Then remembered Bamburg playing the anthem at Washougal with a couple of F15s blasting just over the treetops.

Chills.

|