Cooper Webb with the JGR Team

WW444
8/15/2018 9:47am
Throw him back on that 16 yz250f and let him roll. The guy couldn't be beat on that thing and never settled for anything other than 1st. I hope we see that same Coop come back to life soon.
8/15/2018 10:06am
ML512 wrote:
Cooper Webb rode for them as an amateur for a few years and had a good relationship with that crew. Also, Cooper’s own track isn’t too...
Cooper Webb rode for them as an amateur for a few years and had a good relationship with that crew. Also, Cooper’s own track isn’t too far from JGR’s facility so he’s ridden down there and vice versa. But Cooper is off to KTM, yellow isn’t in the cards.
B DUB 333 wrote:
Do you know this as fact? That's a big story, I think before Yamaha yes, I could see Roger wanting him. but after Yamaha and with...
Do you know this as fact? That's a big story, I think before Yamaha yes, I could see Roger wanting him. but after Yamaha and with the small issues he's had with other riders, he'd scare off Roger. But I'm not in the know by any means, you are.
All the contenders are locked up. Webb is young and has potential. He's the best option for the second guy if you are KTM. Apparently the KTM guys wanted to hire Barcia for '18, but it was shot down as the decision went up the ladder.
B DUB 333
8/15/2018 12:25pm
ML512 wrote:
Cooper Webb rode for them as an amateur for a few years and had a good relationship with that crew. Also, Cooper’s own track isn’t too...
Cooper Webb rode for them as an amateur for a few years and had a good relationship with that crew. Also, Cooper’s own track isn’t too far from JGR’s facility so he’s ridden down there and vice versa. But Cooper is off to KTM, yellow isn’t in the cards.
B DUB 333 wrote:
Do you know this as fact? That's a big story, I think before Yamaha yes, I could see Roger wanting him. but after Yamaha and with...
Do you know this as fact? That's a big story, I think before Yamaha yes, I could see Roger wanting him. but after Yamaha and with the small issues he's had with other riders, he'd scare off Roger. But I'm not in the know by any means, you are.
All the contenders are locked up. Webb is young and has potential. He's the best option for the second guy if you are KTM. Apparently the...
All the contenders are locked up. Webb is young and has potential. He's the best option for the second guy if you are KTM. Apparently the KTM guys wanted to hire Barcia for '18, but it was shot down as the decision went up the ladder.
Yeah I guess if he's the best available you grab him, there's no doubt that somethings not clicking and Roger could be his salvation. He used to kill everyone on the 250's so there's certainly potential. I'm stoked to see how he does under a new tent, I just can't believe the yammi 450 is to blame, but who knows. I'm bummed as a Yamaha guy, I really thought he was next big thing

The Shop

KennyT
Fantasy
280th
8/15/2018 3:26pm
Webb has never been a favorite of mine so don’t accuse me of riding his nuts

I’m calling it now. Webb on KTM is going to see him top 3 and fighting for wins next year. This is going to be the year he breaks through on the 450...hate to go there...but stamp it!
Bermworm
8/15/2018 4:45pm
KennyT wrote:
Webb has never been a favorite of mine so don’t accuse me of riding his nuts I’m calling it now. Webb on KTM is going to...
Webb has never been a favorite of mine so don’t accuse me of riding his nuts

I’m calling it now. Webb on KTM is going to see him top 3 and fighting for wins next year. This is going to be the year he breaks through on the 450...hate to go there...but stamp it!
Under Decoster's guidance anything is possible the key being 1) Webb has to want it and 2) He needs to listen to Decoster. History has shown that the MAN provides good advice and those that heed it do substantially better than those who do not.
8/15/2018 6:11pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2018 6:15pm
WW444 wrote:
Throw him back on that 16 yz250f and let him roll. The guy couldn't be beat on that thing and never settled for anything other than...
Throw him back on that 16 yz250f and let him roll. The guy couldn't be beat on that thing and never settled for anything other than 1st. I hope we see that same Coop come back to life soon.
Problem is, none of those guys he was crushing back in 2016 on the 250s has been able to make a successful transition to the 450s yet, so who’s to say that his past domination of the 250s will be indicative of his potential to win next year with the current crop of 450 stars?
He beat Jeremy Martin in 2016, but how many of us would “stamp” a Jeremy Martin win in the 450s next year?
JB 19
8/15/2018 6:17pm
I've always saw him as a sleeping giant....the next Villopoto. As of now he isn't even close.
Thelen20
8/15/2018 7:16pm
Go back and watch the Charlotte MXGP, dude was on rails! Not everyone could pull off that performance. Everybody that wants him feels like he can reach that level again . . . I feel like he can reach that level again. One healthy year and he will be rolling again imo
Dougy1
8/15/2018 7:26pm
TJMX947 wrote:
His MX track is in Concord NC. I'm a Coop fan and I want to see him do well. From what I gather a lack of...
His MX track is in Concord NC.

I'm a Coop fan and I want to see him do well. From what I gather a lack of focus has been his biggest issue, people say he was out on Lake Norman living the life that we all dreamed when we were in our early 20s. Coming under Aldon's tent will be good for him, it will be interesting to see if he can change the current trajectory of Cooper's career.

Do any of you guys remember in MX Nation when Coop was complaining about his 450? Talking about how much of a change it was from the 250 and how much the weight, power, and inertia make it this completely different beast? To me at that point he sounded mentally defeated.
TSCHAM101 wrote:
I disagree.. i think his biggest problem is bike setup and testing.. From comments he made on Mx nation and the film adamitis produced, he seemed...
I disagree.. i think his biggest problem is bike setup and testing.. From comments he made on Mx nation and the film adamitis produced, he seemed lost on the testing side, and that hes the only one testing which i can only imagine what they can change on the bike.

Decoster is known for giving his guys a well set up and tested bike.. I think RD5 and Roger will get him set up on a good bike and help teach him how to test so he can get his set up dialed. and i think we will see a completely different webb.. im expecting atleast 1 win from cooper on the KTM, due to bike set up alone... the kid is Uber talented, and just needs guidance from a few of the sports greatest people to touch the industry.
TJMX947 wrote:
I agree bike issues or more so confidence are at play, and I know for a fact the RDs will have him where he needs to...
I agree bike issues or more so confidence are at play, and I know for a fact the RDs will have him where he needs to be.

I also know for a fact he wasn't putting in the time he should have been. He got waxed off at a local mountain bike race in what you would basically call the C class. Justin Brayton rides the pro class and wins, and Barcia did well when he lived in NC. There is a gap there that leaves me scratching my head because they are elite athletes, and perhaps cycling isn't his thing but he should be better.
I'd have to agree although cycling particularly climbing hills some people physically are better climbers. But obviously his base fitness was ordinary, with his mx skills he should be pretty darn good down hill. if he was fit he should ride better then what you said.
Texas Built
8/16/2018 2:30am
Cooper just dont have it on a 450. 250 championships mean nothing in the 450 class. Everyone has one. Cooper is just a 10th place guy and never shown any promise in 450s. Cooper probably wanted out of Yamaha and KTM used his terrible results to get him at bottom dollar.
RonJon
8/16/2018 4:13am
I remember everyone scratching their heads when Descoster signed Dungey too. Whistling
fort_knox03
8/16/2018 4:20am
Cooper just dont have it on a 450. 250 championships mean nothing in the 450 class. Everyone has one. Cooper is just a 10th place guy...
Cooper just dont have it on a 450. 250 championships mean nothing in the 450 class. Everyone has one. Cooper is just a 10th place guy and never shown any promise in 450s. Cooper probably wanted out of Yamaha and KTM used his terrible results to get him at bottom dollar.
"never shown any promise in 450's"??? go back and watch the USGP at Glen Helen where he was battling with the World Champ and even his Des Nation races where he was always upfront and battling for podiums. Both of which were when he was still a full time 250 rider.

Post a reply to: Cooper Webb with the JGR Team

The Latest