Cooper Webb with the JGR Team

Related:
Create New Tag

8/14/2018 8:27 PM

Anyone else see the video on Patrick Evens (Mx Cinematographer) insta story with Cooper Webb hanging out with the guys from JGR Suzuki?

I didnt think Peick and Webb got along... And I know Webbs been the talk of the town with next year and contracts, KTM ect. But maybe Webb on a yellow bike could be on the cards.

Doubt it, but seems weird to see him around that crew

|

8/14/2018 8:30 PM

Cooper Webb rode for them as an amateur for a few years and had a good relationship with that crew. Also, Cooper’s own track isn’t too far from JGR’s facility so he’s ridden down there and vice versa. But Cooper is off to KTM, yellow isn’t in the cards.

|

8/14/2018 8:32 PM

I did see a kid on insta riding the JGR track on a 125 thanking cooper along with the JGR team for having him out to the track.

I thought it odd, but you might be on to something...

|

shit'll buff out

8/14/2018 8:34 PM

ML512 wrote:

Cooper Webb rode for them as an amateur for a few years and had a good relationship with that crew. Also, Cooper’s own track ...more

well that would make sense haha

So is it locked in for the redbull team or among side bagget?

|

8/14/2018 8:50 PM

Wasn't he house shopping in Clermont last week? I would pencil him in the Red Bull team.

|

8/14/2018 9:13 PM

deanwhite51 wrote:

Supposed to be on the Red Bull team, as mentioned above he's rumored to have bought a house near Aldon's facility.

ML do you know of his gear situation for next year? He's been with Thor for awhile and that relationship obviously dates back to his amateur days so him staying with them seems like a likely scenario but I thought I'd ask. I know most don't care, though lol.

|

8/14/2018 9:35 PM

ML512 wrote:

Cooper Webb rode for them as an amateur for a few years and had a good relationship with that crew. Also, Cooper’s own track ...more

deanwhite51 wrote:

jorgechavez wrote:

Supposed to be on the Red Bull team, as mentioned above he's rumored to have bought a house near Aldon's facility.

ML do you ...more

I believe he’ll still be with Thor. Be kinda cool for them or have the Red Bull KTM with him and Marvin and I’m not too sure if there’s anyone else they’d go after that’s available. A lot of gear deals for factory guys are locked in.

|

8/14/2018 11:54 PM

Wow... I guess RD sees an upside to Webb, which is why he is the man and I’m just some dude I guess?

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

8/15/2018 12:08 AM

Am I the only one who finds it extremely difficult to care about anything Webb related?

|

8/15/2018 12:42 AM

tcallahan707 wrote:

Am I the only one who finds it extremely difficult to care about anything Webb related?

No, sorry just don’t get the big fuss about Webb

|

Now a member of the Orange brigade

8/15/2018 2:52 AM

You would think Webb was pretty cheap for KTM. If not must be one hell of a negosiator

|

8/15/2018 3:07 AM

Or could it be KTM sees his 2 SX titles and his outdoor title and sees the potential that is there? I don't see Roger signing him unless he felt he was a good choice...

I am excited for Cooper and can't wait to see him come out at 100%, he hasnt came into a 450 season healthy yet!

|

2020 YZ450F
2018 KTM 450SXF FE
2016 YZ250F 2008 CRF450R
2015 YZ250F 2008 CRF250R
2001 CR250R
2010 YZ250 2012 CRF150R
2009 YZ125 2010 KX109.5
SSR Motorsports Dealer YCF Motorcycles
TAGMX Suspension & Graphics! www.tagmxsuspension.com https://www.liquidskinzdesign.com/

8/15/2018 3:48 AM

I think the move to KTM will be good for Webb. Training with Aldon and riding with Musquin should be good for him. DeCoster seems to like Webb considering he picked him for MXDN twice and made him captain one of those years. I'm excited to see what happens and hope the best for Cooper, kid has a lot of talent.

|

8/15/2018 5:18 AM

ML512 wrote:

Isnt Cooper's current personal practice SX and MX track the old JGR one in like Harmony NC or whatever town I think hes shown on his Instagram stories? Seems like he put a big investment in that to now have to sell it after 2 years in the big bike class.

|

8/15/2018 5:46 AM

His MX track is in Concord NC.

I'm a Coop fan and I want to see him do well. From what I gather a lack of focus has been his biggest issue, people say he was out on Lake Norman living the life that we all dreamed when we were in our early 20s. Coming under Aldon's tent will be good for him, it will be interesting to see if he can change the current trajectory of Cooper's career.

Do any of you guys remember in MX Nation when Coop was complaining about his 450? Talking about how much of a change it was from the 250 and how much the weight, power, and inertia make it this completely different beast? To me at that point he sounded mentally defeated.

|

8/15/2018 6:13 AM

Could look something like this...
Photo
Photo

|

@robfox10

8/15/2018 6:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2018 8:30 AM

sgrimmxdad wrote:

Or could it be KTM sees his 2 SX titles and his outdoor title and sees the potential that is there? I don't see Roger signing ...more

Agreed.

Webb is a huge confidence guy. If he can get his confidence back he'll be a contender again.

|

Race Bike: 2018 KTM 350SXF

Other Bikes: 1985 CR80R, 1990 CR250R, 1998 PW80, Yeti SB130LR.

Sold: 2016 YZ250F, 2012 CRF250R

8/15/2018 6:36 AM

Mxpilot20 wrote:

You would think Webb was pretty cheap for KTM. If not must be one hell of a negosiator

X2 same with tickle

|

8/15/2018 7:19 AM

I think KTM is going after the wrong blue rider. I dont get why KTM signed Webb with his 450 results so far unless they are getting him for way cheaper than Yamaha paid him

Why not go after barcia over webb?

|

8/15/2018 7:27 AM

JGR & Webb are both in NC

|

8/15/2018 7:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2018 7:41 AM

If Webb buys in he could be a contender.

|

8/15/2018 7:47 AM

TJMX947 wrote:

His MX track is in Concord NC.

I'm a Coop fan and I want to see him do well. From what I gather a lack of focus has been his ...more

I disagree.. i think his biggest problem is bike setup and testing.. From comments he made on Mx nation and the film adamitis produced, he seemed lost on the testing side, and that hes the only one testing which i can only imagine what they can change on the bike.

Decoster is known for giving his guys a well set up and tested bike.. I think RD5 and Roger will get him set up on a good bike and help teach him how to test so he can get his set up dialed. and i think we will see a completely different webb.. im expecting atleast 1 win from cooper on the KTM, due to bike set up alone... the kid is Uber talented, and just needs guidance from a few of the sports greatest people to touch the industry.

|

8/15/2018 7:51 AM

phatfi20 wrote:

I think KTM is going after the wrong blue rider. I dont get why KTM signed Webb with his 450 results so far unless they are ...more

Or Plessinger. Too late now but you get the point.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/15/2018 7:53 AM

deanwhite51 wrote:

Anyone else see the video on Patrick Evens (Mx Cinematographer) insta story with Cooper Webb hanging out with the guys from ...more

Patrick and Coop have known each other for a long time. Patrick Evans father is David Evans - Marketing guy for JGR. David has also worked with Coop as an agent of sorts... not positive if he still works in that capacity though. David's good people though.

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

8/15/2018 8:11 AM

ML512 wrote:

canciaro wrote:

Isnt Cooper's current personal practice SX and MX track the old JGR one in like Harmony NC or whatever town I think hes shown ...more

Why would he sell it? I mean I see these full on tracks on here for sale with a house, shops, equipment, 400 acres, and all this stuff for like 300-600K.

That will buy you a POS condo in Vancouver, Miami,or any other place like that. So why sell?

In fact, the last one on here for sale like that had ANNUAL property taxes of like 300 dollars. At that price, I'd keep it just because. Vancouver property taxes are like 300 per WEEK.

|

My post is my opinion. If you don't agree with it, I'm OK with it.

8/15/2018 8:12 AM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

Patrick and Coop have known each other for a long time. Patrick Evans father is David Evans - Marketing guy for JGR. David has ...more

and JS7 for a time.

|

My post is my opinion. If you don't agree with it, I'm OK with it.

8/15/2018 8:14 AM

Since everyone is so certain about this Coop-to-KTM deal, could someone enlighten me as to whether it's a 1 or 2 year deal?

|

8/15/2018 8:16 AM

Frenchie don’t want none I thought. Lol more like he don’t want him as a teammate ??

Naw, I think he will do a lot better on that bike and team. He’s got HUGE potential.

|

8/15/2018 8:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2018 8:23 AM

deanwhite51 wrote:

Anyone else see the video on Patrick Evens (Mx Cinematographer) insta story with Cooper Webb hanging out with the guys from ...more

F150Motocrosser wrote:

Patrick and Coop have known each other for a long time. Patrick Evans father is David Evans - Marketing guy for JGR. David has ...more

Moto96 wrote:

and JS7 for a time.

Correct. In fact, David Evans is actually the man responsible for bringing together Team Kawasaki and Chevy Trucks which resulted in the creation of the iconic Team Chevy Trucks Kawasaki

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

8/15/2018 8:31 AM

ML512 wrote:

Do you know this as fact? That's a big story, I think before Yamaha yes, I could see Roger wanting him. but after Yamaha and with the small issues he's had with other riders, he'd scare off Roger. But I'm not in the know by any means, you are.

|