Cooper Webb vs. Adam Cianciarulo

Jordan421
Fantasy
2602nd
Edited Date/Time 4/12/2013 11:55am
Who do you think will do better in their rookie start? growing up in Florida, I have seen AC and Webb grow up from 65's and 85's. The biggest thing i have notice from the most recent videos is that Webb has grown the most and AC is still the skinny young kid. I believe these two kids might be the biggest racers to come into the sport at one time. I cant wait till Hangtown!!!
|
MW19
4/11/2013 4:51pm
AC always reminds me of Alessi while Webb always reminds me of Millsaps when they were amateurs. I guess its just their style and stature. I think both will do really well though in the pros. Im personally going for Webb since he is a North Carolina boy. Hangtown should be good!
Jordan421
Fantasy
2602nd
4/11/2013 5:30pm
MW19 wrote:
AC always reminds me of Alessi while Webb always reminds me of Millsaps when they were amateurs. I guess its just their style and stature. I...
AC always reminds me of Alessi while Webb always reminds me of Millsaps when they were amateurs. I guess its just their style and stature. I think both will do really well though in the pros. Im personally going for Webb since he is a North Carolina boy. Hangtown should be good!
well you are sticking with the home town boy. but i have to agree with you, i think webb will do better the ac
zippy895
4/11/2013 5:38pm
why is hangtown n ac being mentioned,when even ac said it is not up to him in the decission to race it .
TDeath21
4/11/2013 5:43pm
It should be fun to watch for sure. I'm thinking Cianciarulo will be better, but I really don't know for sure.

The Shop

bobby397
4/11/2013 6:38pm
I'm thinking Webb will do better, kinda like the RV and Alessi deal.
4/11/2013 7:59pm
never saw AC ride in person but I rode with Coop in NC @ Crystal Coast a few times and the kid fly's and is very determined.
AC deff has the bike advantage.
RealityZ
4/11/2013 8:06pm Edited Date/Time 4/11/2013 8:46pm
Webb... by a few spots.

AC lacks the experience of Pro/Am racing at new tracks against top riders that Webb has.

I'll be surprised if AC cracks top (edit) 5. Great future though.
JBods
4/11/2013 8:22pm
I honestly think ac will come out hard because he thinks he needs to, but overall Webb will do better, he has more race experience on that 250
jeffro503
4/11/2013 8:29pm
When was it set in stone AC was going to be at hangtown? I'm just asking because I don't know. I hadn't read anything about him being in 100% is why i ask.
4/11/2013 8:37pm
From all the races ive watched webb do he has been the dominant rider there. He shreds. Hope he stays on a yamahaq to.Top ten in lites class this year stamp it!
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
4/11/2013 8:39pm
If AC is at Hangtown it will only be because he has the speed and stamina to run with the rest of the PC boys. Therefore, if he's there, he will be faster than Webb. Later on I think AC seems to have more raw speed and potential but it will come down to who avoids injury his first 3 years the most.

This year is going to be great. I'm over supercross already, can't wait for Hangtown!
RealityZ
4/11/2013 8:48pm Edited Date/Time 4/11/2013 8:49pm
The rest of the PC boys being Davalos and DD? Cause I doubt he's beating BB.
grimey
4/11/2013 8:56pm
jeffro503 wrote:
When was it set in stone AC was going to be at hangtown? I'm just asking because I don't know. I hadn't read anything about him...
When was it set in stone AC was going to be at hangtown? I'm just asking because I don't know. I hadn't read anything about him being in 100% is why i ask.
What was that?
Hmm, i didnt see shit...

O well, topic still goes on anyways!
SunComfort
4/11/2013 9:19pm Edited Date/Time 4/11/2013 9:20pm
jeffro503 wrote:
When was it set in stone AC was going to be at hangtown? I'm just asking because I don't know. I hadn't read anything about him...
grimey wrote:
What was that?
Hmm, i didnt see shit...

Be foolish to think that Adam will not be lining up at HT 2013.. No way he
waits another year, He'll be ready, and if he isnt on the line, and doesnt do O/D's 13
its because of BB. Not that i think adam is intimidated, but i think he would want to know
he was the main dude at PC, and Blake has everyone in check outside.
But i also think Webb is going to have an incredible year in the little bike class.
NV825
Fantasy
2740th
4/11/2013 9:19pm
Every vid I have seen of Webb recently shows him pushing his 250f to the limit and beating guys on 450s regularly. He definitely shows that he wants it and racing the entire time AC has been nursing his shoulder will only benefit him come the first moto gate drop at Hangtown.
bd
4/11/2013 9:38pm
Are you guys really speculating on what AC92 will do?

AC92 is not like Alessi. AC92 is Adam Cianciarulo. That's it.
Sully
4/11/2013 10:02pm
jeffro503 wrote:
grimey wrote:
What was that?
Hmm, i didnt see shit...

SunComfort wrote:
Be foolish to think that Adam will not be lining up at HT 2013.. No way he waits another year, He'll be ready, and if he...
waits another year, He'll be ready, and if he isnt on the line, and doesnt do O/D's 13
its because of BB. Not that i think adam is intimidated, but i think he would want to know
But i also think Webb is going to have an incredible year in the little bike class.
I don't see Adam as having the ego to demand he be the number one guy right from the start. He'll earn it the old fashioned way.
I'd like to see Webb do well, then have a team like JGR build a 250 team around him and groom him for 450s.

On another subject for a second; If Webb and AC show up for the outdoors and have killer seasons, what does that do to the stock of a guy like Bogle? The kid absolutely hauls ass, but he's spent the better part of his pro career hurt.
dean122
4/11/2013 10:19pm Edited Date/Time 4/11/2013 10:24pm
I'm sure with the folks AC is currently keeping company with, he knows exactly what "pro" speed is and how he matches up.

All this talk about Webb and AC....believe me there are others that will be right there with them. Chris Alldredge keeps Webb honest and smokes the 450 pro class on his 250 as well.

I sure hope Bas Vaessen races in the states as he turns pro. This kid is incredibly fast. When he's smoking the likes of Marchbanks, Falk and Cantrell without breaking a sweat..that's something special. At the Glen Helen Gold Cup he absolutely wrecked shop! The level of talent coming up is no joke.
grimey
4/11/2013 11:09pm
dean122 wrote:
I'm sure with the folks AC is currently keeping company with, he knows exactly what "pro" speed is and how he matches up. All this talk...
I'm sure with the folks AC is currently keeping company with, he knows exactly what "pro" speed is and how he matches up.

All this talk about Webb and AC....believe me there are others that will be right there with them. Chris Alldredge keeps Webb honest and smokes the 450 pro class on his 250 as well.

I sure hope Bas Vaessen races in the states as he turns pro. This kid is incredibly fast. When he's smoking the likes of Marchbanks, Falk and Cantrell without breaking a sweat..that's something special. At the Glen Helen Gold Cup he absolutely wrecked shop! The level of talent coming up is no joke.
Everything will go out the window the second the gate drops.

Oh shit, I just got my first outdoor chubby of the season!
jleews6
4/12/2013 1:37am
Showing up at Hangtown for the first time can make some of the best riders break down and not live up to what everybody thinks they will do because its a big mental game being the "first big race".

That being said I think that Coop overall will turn out better then AC this season. Ever since they have been on mini's his style has been alot smoother and in control and overall (my opinion) a better rider. Its no doubt AC has the speed to match just about anybody but its the speed every week that matters in this sport.
My whole houseincluding my wife are Cooper Webb fans so we will be cheering him on.
Go get um mini Coop.Smile
Thelen20
4/12/2013 4:46am
SunComfort wrote:
Be foolish to think that Adam will not be lining up at HT 2013.. No way he waits another year, He'll be ready, and if he...
Is this the on fire bb we are talking about, or the one that struggles with crashes and gets stuck in 10th place??? Talking like bb has everybody covered and ac might as well not show up if bb is there sounds kind of overrating bb just a wee little bit.

That being said, one the days that bb is on he is freaking awesome to watch!!!
Preston412
4/12/2013 7:27am
Adam is not yet confirmed for Hangtown and this past weekend, he said he still wasn't sure if he would be there. It is not up to Mitch/PC, Adam is contracted with Kawasaki.

As for the question, I have not seen enough of Webb to give a comment.
Shawn142
4/12/2013 7:40am
If they both line up honestly give me Webb. He has been racing the entire time AC has been down and recovering. There's something to be said for race intensity. AC may end up with the better career in the end, but to me the edge at Hangtown will go to Webb.
4/12/2013 9:25am
Honestly I don't expect AC to set the world on fire at HT. They have said it before, he is coming in to this season to learn. Much like Jessy Nelson in 2012, there is no better way to learn than to put yourself right in the thick of things. And by doing that he comes in with slightly lower expectations from others rather than coming in after Lorettas. I think Web will finish above AC the first couple rounds, maybe even the whole first season, but AC will have a better future. The kid is one talented mofo.
PressPassP
4/12/2013 10:14am
Preston412 wrote:
Adam is not yet confirmed for Hangtown and this past weekend, he said he still wasn't sure if he would be there. It is not up...
Adam is not yet confirmed for Hangtown and this past weekend, he said he still wasn't sure if he would be there. It is not up to Mitch/PC, Adam is contracted with Kawasaki.

Who's decision is it at the end of the day? If it's possible I think he'd be wise to line up
Preston412
4/12/2013 11:26am
Preston412 wrote:
Adam is not yet confirmed for Hangtown and this past weekend, he said he still wasn't sure if he would be there. It is not up...

PressPassP wrote:
Who's decision is it at the end of the day? If it's possible I think he'd be wise to line up
His dad but if Kawasaki is pushing hard enough, then Adam will be there.
MotoTones
4/12/2013 11:55am
Webb has been racing every amateur race possible preparing for Hangtown and also hitting tracks that are on the National tour for extra practice. In my opinion, racing as much as he does, will prepare him better and also help with his confidence. Of course AC is fast and on a great program but it seems like this might be a little early to go pro, but then again why not? He's just going to get faster and if he's in shape then might as well.

Post a reply to: Cooper Webb vs. Adam Cianciarulo

The Latest