Cooper Webb on MXDN

slowgti
Listening to the newest DMXS show, Cooper is the first guest. And the way he talks about that race makes him sound like a goddamn American hero. It's a good listen and I like Webb a lot more now.
|
kkawboy14
10/20/2016 10:18am
It's not like he single handedly captured Osama Bin Laden like Hillary did! Smile
bvm111
10/20/2016 4:19pm
I had the opportunity to meet him at MEC, he fist bumped my 3.5 year old son and I then had the opportunity to tell him they did a good job at the des Nations and we were proud of him and get them next year! He turned back and seemed genuine when he thanked me with a smile... I may have never really given him much credit but that was telling of who he is as a person and I hope he has a helluva first season on the 450!
skidmarkz
10/20/2016 8:43pm
I was listening to that this afternoon too. Great interview. Which reminds me, if you have a chance, check out the interview that they did with David Bailey about the MXDN of today and back then about a week or so ago. That was one of the most awesome interviews I've heard in a long time. Way to go DMXS!
David Izer
10/21/2016 8:14am
Cooper always delivers and fans appreciate his unapologetic and candid interviews. I have no doubt he will have plenty of opportunities to more than make up for Italy (which clearly still cuts deep with him)

Thank you, skid. I received so much great feedback from David Bailey's interview last week but we were simply just a conduit for his amazing storytelling and perspective about the MXdN and more. It was cool to see his true Honda love surface and excitement with the Roczen signing and hopes to see finally see another Red championship after their drought.

DeCoster is always a pleasure, too. I'm glad that our listeners get to see that side of "The Man" in a more relaxed setting. I would have never guessed he would come out through the tunnel to Garth Brooks if he was racing A1.

Thanks for the support.

The Shop

51xc
10/21/2016 8:47am
a hero? in what world do you live? in my world people who protect us are heros. people that work with and care disabled people are heros. cooper is a mx racer, a very good one but certainly not a hero.
10/21/2016 9:04am Edited Date/Time 10/21/2016 9:06am
51xc wrote:
a hero? in what world do you live? in my world people who protect us are heros. people that work with and care disabled people are...
a hero? in what world do you live? in my world people who protect us are heros. people that work with and care disabled people are heros. cooper is a mx racer, a very good one but certainly not a hero.
Roczen isn't a hero,did he protect germany at the mxdn???Woohoo
joeellis
10/21/2016 10:32am
51xc wrote:
a hero? in what world do you live? in my world people who protect us are heros. people that work with and care disabled people are...
Your point is taken, but I think you're being a little anal here. Hero was maybe thrown around a little carelessly, but I don't think (at least I hope none of us) compare great athletes to honest to goodness heroes just because of that talent. Maybe I shouldn't speak for someone else, but I'd bet he didn't imply he is a hero in the same respect.
joeellis
10/21/2016 10:35am
I'll add to that. Cooper seems very enthusiastic about riding for his country, while everyone on here is chastising the other American riders for voicing their lack of enthusiasm about riding the event. Especially the Euro fans. I believe this is what he was referring to.
slowgti
10/21/2016 12:30pm
I meant hero as in he is proud to ride for his country and takes it seriously. He's not there because of contract obligations.

Good job Izer, the Bailey interview was very, very good.

Post a reply to: Cooper Webb on MXDN

The Latest