Cooper Webb SX 2022

Juck
Fantasy
330th
9/27/2021 11:03pm
I wouldn't discount Sexton either. Maybe not a title contender but he showed speed last year when he was leading Houston 2 before that crash and almost won one of the Atlanta rounds. I feel like he could get in the mix and win some races, but then again there's usually only 3-5 different race winners a season and there's a lot of guys who can win. Tomac, Webb and Roczen are basically a given, Barcia and Marv got one last year, AC, Sexton, Plessinger have shown they have the speed to win races, Anderson is a former champ, Ferrandis just came off a dominant outdoor season, Osborne could contend for a win if he comes back and is serious about winning (I don't think he will but feel he deserved a mention) and maybe even Malcolm Stewart on a new bike could get up there.
9/27/2021 11:04pm
Same as past few years.

If Tomac goes nuts he will win, If not Cooper will.

To beat Cooper you have to get the hole shot and check out 60% of the races.
Juck
Fantasy
330th
9/27/2021 11:08pm
B Lenny wrote:
No mention of Malcolm Eh?...Huh
Most overrated rider possibly in the entire history of the sport. People have been seriously discussing him getting race wins when he wasn't even getting top 5s. Everyone freaked out when he won a heat race. He has 1 podium and he got that way after people first started discussing him in the context of a guy who can win races. I'm not saying he can't win races, he's on a new bike this year so we'll see, but I would be very surprised if he won a race. And he's nowhere near a title contender for now. (so was Webb before 2019 though so anything is possible)
motokiwi
Fantasy
319th
9/27/2021 11:13pm Edited Date/Time 9/27/2021 11:18pm
Juck wrote:
Most overrated rider possibly in the entire history of the sport. People have been seriously discussing him getting race wins when he wasn't even getting top...
Most overrated rider possibly in the entire history of the sport. People have been seriously discussing him getting race wins when he wasn't even getting top 5s. Everyone freaked out when he won a heat race. He has 1 podium and he got that way after people first started discussing him in the context of a guy who can win races. I'm not saying he can't win races, he's on a new bike this year so we'll see, but I would be very surprised if he won a race. And he's nowhere near a title contender for now. (so was Webb before 2019 though so anything is possible)
He has more natural talent than Webb - and now he has Webbs old daddy on his side, plus an sx cheater bike that can turn inside everyone else.

If Malc sticks to the program - in theory he will be unbeatable in SX.

p.s I hope he shaves his hair off and saves 3kg - it all adds up. A champion takes every advantage they can - they are willing to do what others dont do - to have what others dont have. RC called it sacrifice - the more he sacrificed - the luckier he was.

The Shop

9/27/2021 11:16pm
B Lenny wrote:
Juck wrote:
Most overrated rider possibly in the entire history of the sport. People have been seriously discussing him getting race wins when he wasn't even getting top...
A champion of overrated ... right.

I agree he ain't gonna win the championship but to call him overrated because he's placing top 5's in the highest level of this sport is a bit harsh.
Juck
Fantasy
330th
9/27/2021 11:24pm
B Lenny wrote:
Juck wrote:
A champion of overrated ... right. I agree he ain't gonna win the championship but to call him overrated because he's placing top 5's in the...
A champion of overrated ... right.

I agree he ain't gonna win the championship but to call him overrated because he's placing top 5's in the highest level of this sport is a bit harsh.
I'm not saying he's a bad rider or doesn't deserve a factory ride, I'm just simply stating the fact that no other rider with his level of results are discussed as potential race winners like he is. His results are much closer to those of Dean Wilson or Justin Brayton than Justin Barcia or Adam Cianciarulo
CPR
9/28/2021 2:05am
The ‘Paul’ thing was funny for about five minutes,…..and that was months ago.
fanger
9/28/2021 2:24am
The only thing I'm sure about is roczen finishing 2nd
9/28/2021 3:20am
gt80rider wrote:
Sx 22 is gonna be nuts.... et3 will be a beast.. plessinger... sexton.... too... but... pauls real comp is gonna be df14.... Dylan has insane amounts...
Sx 22 is gonna be nuts.... et3 will be a beast.. plessinger... sexton.... too... but... pauls real comp is gonna be df14.... Dylan has insane amounts of confidence.. and is on the best bike on the grid.... and more than anything else- he just wants it more than anybody else ... paul did well keeping k roc at bay.... but this year he will have a half dozen roczens to beat.... cant wait to watch!
davistld01 wrote:
Paul?
He thinks he's funny.
9/28/2021 3:24am
I think Webb will do well again but you are forgetting about AC. Now with his arm healed up and his ability to get good starts you can not leave him out.
9/28/2021 3:34am
Eli to Yamaha is a big question mark in my mind.

We know Eli struggled like hell to get the KXF where he wanted it in SX. And that was on a bike which was a proven winner.
Whilst the Yamaha has been proven to be a bit of a 'pig' indoors. Will the YZF be good enough? Can Eli gel with it well enough for SX?

Outdoors, the YZF is well proven, Eli is well proven. ET3 is 2022 outdoor 450 champion, stamp it!
Indoors, not so sure..

I dont expect Kenny to be as good in 2022 SX as he was in 2021. He had summer 2020 off, worked hard at SX testing for months in advance, put in the best season he's had. 2021 has been good to Kenny, but a big physical ask to be upfront in both championships right to the end and a mental blow to not take home either win.
I think Sexton is now HRC's golden boy.

Forty
9/28/2021 3:41am
Webb has the starts. The rest is race management. He is the top contender for sure.
9/28/2021 3:56am
Eli to Yamaha is a big question mark in my mind. We know Eli struggled like hell to get the KXF where he wanted it in...

We know Eli struggled like hell to get the KXF where he wanted it in SX. And that was on a bike which was a proven winner.
Whilst the Yamaha has been proven to be a bit of a 'pig' indoors. Will the YZF be good enough? Can Eli gel with it well enough for SX?

Outdoors, the YZF is well proven, Eli is well proven. ET3 is 2022 outdoor 450 champion, stamp it!
Indoors, not so sure..

I dont expect Kenny to be as good in 2022 SX as he was in 2021. He had summer 2020 off, worked hard at SX testing for months in advance, put in the best season he's had. 2021 has been good to Kenny, but a big physical ask to be upfront in both championships right to the end and a mental blow to not take home either win.

Correction. Jett Lawrence is Honda’s new golden boy. Fixed it for ya.
motomike137
9/28/2021 3:59am
Motofinne wrote:
One thing to keep in mind is that Webb will be on a new bike for 2022. A bike that should be better, KTM very rarely...
One thing to keep in mind is that Webb will be on a new bike for 2022. A bike that should be better, KTM very rarely take steps backwards when they come out with a new bike.
Hopefully it is just an incremental change. You don't need to re invent the wheel when you have a machine that works for the FMOTP and the Supercross champ Wink
motomike137
9/28/2021 4:04am
I think Webb will do well again but you are forgetting about AC. Now with his arm healed up and his ability to get good starts...
I think Webb will do well again but you are forgetting about AC. Now with his arm healed up and his ability to get good starts you can not leave him out.
AC can be superfast but he has shown time and time again that he can't stay off the ground. I'll be pleasantly surprised if he completes this upcoming series without taking himself out of contention. Webb is two steps ahead of him mentally when it comes to battling for and winning the SX championship.
Mavetism
9/28/2021 4:33am
Eli to Yamaha is a big question mark in my mind. We know Eli struggled like hell to get the KXF where he wanted it in...

Indoors, not so sure..

Sexton the golden boy at HRC? I mean I'm a fan and I'm pretty sure he will win 450 championships in the future, but for now for him and AC the goal has to be getting healthy through the whole season and win an SX race first. Kenny will be the #1 at Honda until he retires or maybe even swap to another team. And the way Kenny is improving since 2018 the chance is pretty high to see him getting a title next year.

Cooper is an animal tho in sx. I thing the most important thing for everyone is to not let him sniff that confidence early on.
McG194
9/28/2021 4:58am
fanger wrote:
That's a dick thing to say.

Probably not wrong but still. LaughingLaughingLaughing
CPR
9/28/2021 5:09am
fanger wrote:
I hope Roczen gets the 2022 title, but I can still laugh at that 😂
Spudnut
9/28/2021 7:24am
gt80rider wrote:
Sx 22 is gonna be nuts.... et3 will be a beast.. plessinger... sexton.... too... but... pauls real comp is gonna be df14.... Dylan has insane amounts...
Sx 22 is gonna be nuts.... et3 will be a beast.. plessinger... sexton.... too... but... pauls real comp is gonna be df14.... Dylan has insane amounts of confidence.. and is on the best bike on the grid.... and more than anything else- he just wants it more than anybody else ... paul did well keeping k roc at bay.... but this year he will have a half dozen roczens to beat.... cant wait to watch!
Where does Michael fit in? 3-5? Who’s gonna be top dog at Kawasaki?
jjavaman
Fantasy
3765th
9/28/2021 7:42am
Juck wrote:
motokiwi wrote:
He has more natural talent than Webb - and now he has Webbs old daddy on his side, plus an sx cheater bike that can turn...
He has more natural talent than Webb - and now he has Webbs old daddy on his side, plus an sx cheater bike that can turn inside everyone else.

p.s I hope he shaves his hair off and saves 3kg - it all adds up. A champion takes every advantage they can - they are willing to do what others dont do - to have what others dont have. RC called it sacrifice - the more he sacrificed - the luckier he was.
Sx cheater bike? Please explain.
xrclark433
9/28/2021 7:44am
motokiwi wrote:
He has more natural talent than Webb - and now he has Webbs old daddy on his side, plus an sx cheater bike that can turn...

Can’t tell if being serious or not? “Unbeatable in sx” what lol
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/28/2021 7:49am
motokiwi wrote:

xrclark433 wrote:
Can’t tell if being serious or not? “Unbeatable in sx” what lol
#Stewtard
9/28/2021 8:02am

Indoors, not so sure..

Mavetism wrote:
Sexton the golden boy at HRC? I mean I'm a fan and I'm pretty sure he will win 450 championships in the future, but for now...
Sexton the golden boy at HRC? I mean I'm a fan and I'm pretty sure he will win 450 championships in the future, but for now for him and AC the goal has to be getting healthy through the whole season and win an SX race first. Kenny will be the #1 at Honda until he retires or maybe even swap to another team. And the way Kenny is improving since 2018 the chance is pretty high to see him getting a title next year.

Cooper is an animal tho in sx. I thing the most important thing for everyone is to not let him sniff that confidence early on.
Kenny has peaked IMO.
If he couldn’t make it work in ‘21, he won’t do it.
In ‘20 he was injury free, sat out the summer, came in to ‘21 well rested & tested, the most prepared of everyone.
His early season form was great, then the others caught up on their testing and set-up.

For ‘22 Kenny doesn’t have that rested and tested advantage.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
9/28/2021 8:07am
UpTiTe wrote:
He will win again. The only person who has his mental game can’t start inside the top 10. Stop with the I don’t know if he...
He will win again. The only person who has his mental game can’t start inside the top 10.

Stop with the I don’t know if he can win without Aldon trash, he is putting together a good system that is going to be just as good.
Stop with the I don't know if he can without Aldon trash

Hollywood009
Fantasy
1174th
9/28/2021 9:53am
for A1 its going to be Bambam

for the championship, I think Cooper is the obvious favorite... Kenny didnt seem to have the fight last season in SX and dont expect him to suddenly have it next year... AC might be a factor if he stay healthy
RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
9/28/2021 10:09am
Kenny has peaked IMO. If he couldn’t make it work in ‘21, he won’t do it. In ‘20 he was injury free, sat out the summer...
Kenny has peaked IMO.
In ‘20 he was injury free, sat out the summer, came in to ‘21 well rested & tested, the most prepared of everyone.
His early season form was great, then the others caught up on their testing and set-up.

Four months isn't enough time for him to rest?
tprice07
9/28/2021 1:53pm
He will win races but not the title. How many riders have won championships after leaving Aldon?
9/28/2021 2:17pm
Kenny has peaked IMO. If he couldn’t make it work in ‘21, he won’t do it. In ‘20 he was injury free, sat out the summer...
Kenny has peaked IMO.

RichieW13 wrote:
Is he only going to begin SX testing in January then??

I thought these guys took just two weeks off before getting stuck in to SX testing, no?
That’s the excuse lots of Americans use when it comes to the MXoN anyway..
DonM
9/28/2021 2:24pm
Kenny has peaked IMO.

RichieW13 wrote:
Is he only going to begin SX testing in January then?? I thought these guys took just two weeks off before getting stuck in to SX...
Is he only going to begin SX testing in January then??

I thought these guys took just two weeks off before getting stuck in to SX testing, no?
That’s the excuse lots of Americans use when it comes to the MXoN anyway..
Nice passive aggressive post…They typically start in October…
KYFHO699
9/28/2021 4:19pm
I think Webb will do well again but you are forgetting about AC. Now with his arm healed up and his ability to get good starts...
AC has proven time and again that he can’t stay off the ground. He will have some strong rounds but I think we will see more of the same in the way of crashes.

Post a reply to: Cooper Webb SX 2022

The Latest