Cooper Webb SX 2022

davistld01
9/24/2021 6:09am Edited Date/Time 10/6/2021 6:59am
With Dylan Ferrandis dominating the outdoor championships this last season, and with Eli Tomac switching to Star Yamaha...and the Roczen/Sexton Honda juggernaught...where do you think Cooper Webb plays into the mix?

He clearly ruled the roost in the SX series last year...and the class was "stacked" then too.

Will he be the one to beat in 2022? What are his chances of actually beating his competition mentally like he has so successfully done in the past? Will Ferrandis' success carry over into the stadiums? Will Tomac immediately find his comfy zone on the Yamaha? Will the Honda boys come up to a higher level?
|
scootch
9/24/2021 6:23am
He will contend. Biggest question mark for me is how this move away from the Bakers Factory plays out. Does he lose his end of the moto grit?
9/24/2021 7:24am
This happens every year. A guy wins the sx title, then some other guy wins the outdoor title, and suddenly there's a big question mark over the guy who won the sx title.
yz133rider
9/24/2021 7:34am Edited Date/Time 9/24/2021 7:36am
This happens every year. A guy wins the sx title, then some other guy wins the outdoor title, and suddenly there's a big question mark over...
This happens every year. A guy wins the sx title, then some other guy wins the outdoor title, and suddenly there's a big question mark over the guy who won the sx title.
Well the guy who won in 17 didn’t win in 18, the guy who won in 18 didn’t win in 19, the guy who won in 19 didn’t win in 20, and the guy who won in 20 didn’t win in 21. So those question marks might be worthwhile.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
9/24/2021 7:39am
He will win again. The only person who has his mental game can’t start inside the top 10.

Stop with the I don’t know if he can win without Aldon trash, he is putting together a good system that is going to be just as good.

The Shop

luke11
Fantasy
2206th
9/24/2021 7:42am
This happens every year. A guy wins the sx title, then some other guy wins the outdoor title, and suddenly there's a big question mark over...
yz133rider wrote:
Well the guy who won in 17 didn’t win in 18, the guy who won in 18 didn’t win in 19, the guy who won in...
Well the guy who won in 17 didn’t win in 18, the guy who won in 18 didn’t win in 19, the guy who won in 19 didn’t win in 20, and the guy who won in 20 didn’t win in 21. So those question marks might be worthwhile.
I’m here for this comment !
9/24/2021 7:42am Edited Date/Time 9/24/2021 7:44am
UpTiTe wrote:
He will win again. The only person who has his mental game can’t start inside the top 10. Stop with the I don’t know if he...
He will win again. The only person who has his mental game can’t start inside the top 10.

Stop with the I don’t know if he can win without Aldon trash, he is putting together a good system that is going to be just as good.
there's the dig on Aldon and his program we all know and love from UpTite! Just like Anderson and his "system" did when he left huh?
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
9/24/2021 8:02am
UpTiTe wrote:
He will win again. The only person who has his mental game can’t start inside the top 10. Stop with the I don’t know if he...

there's the dig on Aldon and his program we all know and love from UpTite! Just like Anderson and his "system" did when he left huh?
I don’t see any Aldon digs, I’m just saying Aldon is a system, the system he is putting in place is just as good.

This isn’t 2005, everyone knows what everyone is doing.

Miniman
9/24/2021 8:25am
In terms of CHANGES vs PRIOR SX RESULTS --

Webb: Same team, same bike, same mechanic. As long as Webb's new training program provides him an equivalent end-of-race stamina and intensity as when he was w/ Baker, he has to be the title favorite this year. But, if Webb's new training program does not serve him well, then Roczen is next in line.

Roczen: Same team, same bike, same mechanic. In this regard, Kenny's chances are the same as they were in 2021. A positive argument can be made that they have another year on the new bike. I'm concerned about Kenny's intensity toward the end of races, and I don't think I'm alone on this.

I think 3rd place is up for grabs among a host of candidates. Any of these guys are capable of winning, IMO.

Sexton: Same team, same bike, but new mechanic. He and the bike looked great last year, but were upset by crashes and injury. Can he turn it around this year? If so, he could be a legitimate title threat.

Ferrandis: Yes to prove the consistency in SX. My opinion is that we'll see greater confidence in DF14 this year, which could even lead to main event wins. Hope so, what a great dude.

Tomac: Massive question mark regarding the new team, bike. I predict a win or two. Prove me wrong, ET3.

Barcia: Same team, bike, mechanic. Hopeful A1 and fake A1 winner lol. I'm happy to see if JB51 can score some wins. I see him fighting for the podium on most nights, though.

Anderson: Great SX rider but the new team and bike, plus his previous SX and MX injuries are a dark cloud. Hoping he can be healed up and comfortable on the bike. One of the most fun riders to watch and the races are so much better when he's greased up and feelin' it.

Musquin: Same team, bike, mechanic (I think?). Love the guy but have to admit I see him fighting for Top 5s with occasional podiums. Finishing out a great career but I don't see him setting the world on fire this year.

Baggett: jk
wrc777
Fantasy
1130th
9/24/2021 8:48am
If AC’s shoulder surgery works he has the speed to contend. This assumes his fading in the end of races last year was due to the nerve compression.
fatpurplepanda
Fantasy
2798th
9/24/2021 8:49am
Where will the defending champion will play into the mix? I'm already over offseason.
9/24/2021 9:36am Edited Date/Time 9/24/2021 9:37am
davistld01 wrote:
With Dylan Ferrandis dominating the outdoor championships this last season, and with Eli Tomac switching to Star Yamaha...and the Roczen/Sexton Honda juggernaught...where do you think Cooper...
With Dylan Ferrandis dominating the outdoor championships this last season, and with Eli Tomac switching to Star Yamaha...and the Roczen/Sexton Honda juggernaught...where do you think Cooper Webb plays into the mix?

He clearly ruled the roost in the SX series last year...and the class was "stacked" then too.

Will he be the one to beat in 2022? What are his chances of actually beating his competition mentally like he has so successfully done in the past? Will Ferrandis' success carry over into the stadiums? Will Tomac immediately find his comfy zone on the Yamaha? Will the Honda boys come up to a higher level?
My A1 podium
1. Cooper Webb
2. Justin Barcia
3 Jason Anderson

I do believe Ferrandis will be a threat for the title though
Gonna be a great season
AC, Plessinger, Sexton, Tomac, Roczen.
Could all get on the podium and it wouldn't be a surprise

gt80rider
9/24/2021 10:08am
Sx 22 is gonna be nuts.... et3 will be a beast.. plessinger... sexton.... too... but... pauls real comp is gonna be df14.... Dylan has insane amounts of confidence.. and is on the best bike on the grid.... and more than anything else- he just wants it more than anybody else ... paul did well keeping k roc at bay.... but this year he will have a half dozen roczens to beat.... cant wait to watch!
davistld01
9/24/2021 11:40am
gt80rider wrote:
Sx 22 is gonna be nuts.... et3 will be a beast.. plessinger... sexton.... too... but... pauls real comp is gonna be df14.... Dylan has insane amounts...
Sx 22 is gonna be nuts.... et3 will be a beast.. plessinger... sexton.... too... but... pauls real comp is gonna be df14.... Dylan has insane amounts of confidence.. and is on the best bike on the grid.... and more than anything else- he just wants it more than anybody else ... paul did well keeping k roc at bay.... but this year he will have a half dozen roczens to beat.... cant wait to watch!
Paul?
9/24/2021 11:45am
Ferrandis started 2021 SX with a hand injury, correct? If he comes in 100% then I think he will be a title contender.
Spooner
9/24/2021 11:48am
If the new bike is good, and I'd have to think it will be, then it should be anther great year for him. I could see Ferrandis going up a notch or two as well. Should be another excellent season though.
9/24/2021 11:49am
I believe it will be a Ferandis and Webb battle.
Unless the good Kenny stays in the game, then only an "on" Tomac could beat them all. But then again Anderson could be rejuveinated or Marvin could have "his" year. Most deffinitely!

Ferandis for sure.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/24/2021 11:57am
gt80rider wrote:
Sx 22 is gonna be nuts.... et3 will be a beast.. plessinger... sexton.... too... but... pauls real comp is gonna be df14.... Dylan has insane amounts...
davistld01 wrote:
Paul?
Cooper Webb's name is Paul.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2889th
9/24/2021 12:47pm
I think Webb has to be the favorite.

In 2020 he was only 11 points behind Tomac for the lead when he had that brutal crash in Dallas. He had the bad race in round 2 where he maybe had COVID?

Turn those two 12th place finishes into 3rds and he would have been nearly tied with Tomac going into the final round. (Webb caught a break that Dallas was a Triple Crown, so crashing out meant a 12th place finish instead of a 20+ finish.)
davistld01
9/24/2021 12:53pm
gt80rider wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
Paul?
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Cooper Webb's name is Paul.
Interesting. I never knew.
tek14
9/24/2021 1:28pm
Paul will have new bike to race... will they get it right for A1?
motomike137
9/27/2021 7:26pm
He's the favorite He has SX dialed. It his to lose imho.
motomike137
9/27/2021 7:28pm
davistld01 wrote:
With Dylan Ferrandis dominating the outdoor championships this last season, and with Eli Tomac switching to Star Yamaha...and the Roczen/Sexton Honda juggernaught...where do you think Cooper...

My A1 podium 1. Cooper Webb 2. Justin Barcia 3 Jason Anderson I do believe Ferrandis will be a threat for the title though Gonna be...
My A1 podium
1. Cooper Webb
2. Justin Barcia
3 Jason Anderson

Gonna be a great season

What? Betting against Bam Bam in round one? That's crazy talk!
Bruce372
9/27/2021 7:30pm
I am sure everyone placing 2nd through 10th will blame poor setup of a new bike.
McG194
9/27/2021 8:42pm
davistld01 wrote:

My A1 podium 1. Cooper Webb 2. Justin Barcia 3 Jason Anderson I do believe Ferrandis will be a threat for the title though Gonna be...
My A1 podium
1. Cooper Webb
2. Justin Barcia
3 Jason Anderson

Gonna be a great season

What? Betting against Bam Bam in round one? That's crazy talk!
Paul is the champ and the favorite to win the championship until he is dethroned.

Barcia is the A1 champ and the favorite to win A1 until he is dethroned.
kiwifan
9/27/2021 9:51pm Edited Date/Time 9/27/2021 11:39pm
No doubt Webb is the strong favourite and this is coming from a Honda guy, I expect ET to be right behind him. Barcia will start strong as he always does and have a few top 3's then rest of his results are mid-topten or worse. DF to me is the dark horse, I expect him to win a few.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2550th
9/27/2021 10:42pm
Cooper is the favorite. and now him training with the Lawrence brothers. be good to see.

Kenny will stay consistent.

Tomac is the biggest question mark.. new bike... new team.. the dude hates change. im guessing top 5's consistently.

DF14 has to be a contender.
motokiwi
Fantasy
235th
9/27/2021 10:47pm
Unless Star pull one out of the bag with their SX chassis - Webbs KTM is gonna turn inside them all night long - both offensively and defensively. SP has got an unbeatable sx machine.

-If Kawi had even the faintest clue - the new 450FE would be made to turn inside that ktm - good luck doing that with alloy tho
Motofinne
9/27/2021 10:50pm
One thing to keep in mind is that Webb will be on a new bike for 2022. A bike that should be better, KTM very rarely take steps backwards when they come out with a new bike.
B Lenny
9/27/2021 10:51pm Edited Date/Time 9/27/2021 10:56pm
No mention of Malcolm Eh?...Huh

Post a reply to: Cooper Webb SX 2022

The Latest