Cooper Webb??

kb228
Im kindof shocked nobody has made a thread about our 2019 sx champion getting knocked out by an amateur. IMO the final race should have been Webb and Roczen. Did something happen to webb or the bike?
|
seventeen
10/7/2019 4:00am
I think time off of the bike and not wanting to go full send...SX championship to consider...
The RBSR to him wascprobably just an easy payday...
Keep in mind I loved it when Pierce Brown waxed him!
Blue flag
10/7/2019 4:26am
RV didn't look too thrilled about getting knocked out in two races either. I know, he's retired, but still no slouch. I don't even know who the kid is that beat him.
kb228
10/7/2019 4:55am
Blue flag wrote:
RV didn't look too thrilled about getting knocked out in two races either. I know, he's retired, but still no slouch. I don't even know who...
RV didn't look too thrilled about getting knocked out in two races either. I know, he's retired, but still no slouch. I don't even know who the kid is that beat him.
I thought the same. I thought he would at least finish top 5
rehan53
10/7/2019 5:08am Edited Date/Time 10/7/2019 5:09am
Big jumps and big scrubs look cool and will carry you for a while, but this event shows, among other things, that champions are made in the corners. The biggest shock to me was Webb getting passed by an amateur in the whoops, as the defending Supercross champ.

The Shop

observeroffacts
Fantasy
3725th
10/7/2019 5:11am
Pierce Brown is no joke. It’s awesome that this event levels the playing field that much, though.
10/7/2019 5:13am
nope, hes not that good.
he had every conceivable thing goes his way in sx.
that aint happening again
a one time champ
its a stamp.
Laughing

septic fanboiz......fire awayKissing
wicksy85
Fantasy
1579th
10/7/2019 5:35am
Let's see those amateur kids do a full SX Series then talk. You can't go off a one off event where you have to hit every perfect in that 40 seconds.
10/7/2019 5:37am
wicksy85 wrote:
Let's see those amateur kids do a full SX Series then talk. You can't go off a one off event where you have to hit every...
Let's see those amateur kids do a full SX Series then talk. You can't go off a one off event where you have to hit every perfect in that 40 seconds.
I didn’t see them talking crap. Doesn’t matter what the event is. If it has two wheels, much less all SX obstacles, and an amateur kid beats the current SX champ, that’s impressive.
kb228
10/7/2019 5:51am
wicksy85 wrote:
Let's see those amateur kids do a full SX Series then talk. You can't go off a one off event where you have to hit every...
Its not talking crap. Any sane person knows it should have been webb vs roczen. Like a current 450 factory rider shouldnt be beaten by an amateur in supercross.
motogrady
10/7/2019 5:58am
wicksy85 wrote:
Give the kid the backing of a trainer, the fresh equipment, the transportation, the pay, and the ability to ride all week, every week if he so desires, and it would be a lot closer than many think.
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
10/7/2019 6:01am
wicksy85 wrote:
kb228 wrote:
Its not talking crap. Any sane person knows it should have been webb vs roczen. Like a current 450 factory rider shouldnt be beaten by an...
Its not talking crap. Any sane person knows it should have been webb vs roczen. Like a current 450 factory rider shouldnt be beaten by an amateur in supercross.
straight rhythm isnt SX. theres no race craft involved in SR, which is coops strongest skillset. he also looked way out of shape and had only been riding for a week because of his knee injury at dilla. and hes never been great in whoops.
10/7/2019 6:28am
First of all, Pierce Brown is no joke ! He is known for his raw speed and will turn pro 2020 and moreover Webb jumped back on the bike a week ago after damaging his knee at Unadilla ! So it didn’t surprise me.

But make no mistake, the Cooper Webb you saw this weekend won’t be the one you will see come Anaheim 1 !
CivBars
10/7/2019 10:46am
wicksy85 wrote:
kb228 wrote:
Its not talking crap. Any sane person knows it should have been webb vs roczen. Like a current 450 factory rider shouldnt be beaten by an...
Hanny vs Roczen*
mxpro252
10/7/2019 11:15am
nope, hes not that good. he had every conceivable thing goes his way in sx. that aint happening again a one time champ its a stamp...
nope, hes not that good.
a one time champ
its a stamp.
Laughing

Webb is definitely good, but I don’t disagree with you that he had a ton of things go his way last year. There were a couple races where you couldn’t deny that he had some serious luck on his side compared to others.
mhog
10/7/2019 11:21am
My opinion is we’re talking about apples and oranges — this was all 2 strokes. Big difference in the 450’s they normally ride. We have to realize some of these riders haven’t been on a 2 stroke in years, whereas some of the amateurs may have raced 125’s more recently. JA21 opted to sit out due to lack of testing time as example. I think that’s what makes this event exciting, it levels the playing field and 1 small mistake separates a win from a loss. Hanny flat out sent it, but he also doesn’t have to worry about throwing a sx championship away. Roczen has always done well in this event and his smooth riding style seems adaptable to any kind of bike. Regardless, I loved the 90’s theme and 2 strokes. Brought me back to my childhood.
DPR250R
10/7/2019 11:21am
mxpro252 wrote:
Webb is definitely good, but I don’t disagree with you that he had a ton of things go his way last year. There were a couple...
Webb is definitely good, but I don’t disagree with you that he had a ton of things go his way last year. There were a couple races where you couldn’t deny that he had some serious luck on his side compared to others.
Like getting practically landed on and being ready to line up for the next race in the same night?
Mr. Afterbar
10/7/2019 11:49am
DPR250R wrote:
Like getting practically landed on and being ready to line up for the next race in the same night?
Is that the one that got red flagged shortly after, basically negating any negative impact of such situation? Honestly can't recall.
DPR250R
10/7/2019 12:13pm
Is that the one that got red flagged shortly after, basically negating any negative impact of such situation? Honestly can't recall.
Yes... I believe so. Alessi tagged him... he bounced right back up and was ready for the next gate drop.

I think I remember Alessi trying to apologize to him and Webb acting like it was no big deal and not to worry about it.

This is all from the broadcast... no insider info or anything.
Texas Built
10/7/2019 2:51pm
soggy wrote:
straight rhythm isnt SX. theres no race craft involved in SR, which is coops strongest skillset. he also looked way out of shape and had only...
straight rhythm isnt SX. theres no race craft involved in SR, which is coops strongest skillset. he also looked way out of shape and had only been riding for a week because of his knee injury at dilla. and hes never been great in whoops.
Coops got Straight Waxed.
Lucifa.
10/7/2019 3:24pm
You guys comparing a 2 stroke RBSR to a 20 lap SX main is laughable.
10/7/2019 3:32pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2019 3:46pm
rehan53 wrote:
Big jumps and big scrubs look cool and will carry you for a while, but this event shows, among other things, that champions are made in...
Big jumps and big scrubs look cool and will carry you for a while, but this event shows, among other things, that champions are made in the corners. The biggest shock to me was Webb getting passed by an amateur in the whoops, as the defending Supercross champ.
Webb has always been average at best in whoops.
kpiper
10/7/2019 3:35pm
Lots of people can go really fast for one minute. Or maybe even two minutes!
Shawn142
10/7/2019 3:54pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2019 3:56pm
nope, hes not that good. he had every conceivable thing goes his way in sx. that aint happening again a one time champ its a stamp...
nope, hes not that good.
a one time champ
its a stamp.
Laughing

mxpro252 wrote:
Webb is definitely good, but I don’t disagree with you that he had a ton of things go his way last year. There were a couple...
Pure garbage. He won 7 races and landed on the podium 6 times. He was only outside the top 5 in 2 races ALL YEAR. Calling that luck is the stupidest thing I've ever heard, whether you like the kid or not.
jake721
10/7/2019 4:36pm
The top guys make their money in the turns and being able to keep the same pace for 20+ minutes. All while fatigue increases and track conditions decreases
BS12
10/7/2019 5:24pm
The vibe I got from the broadcast/his socials was that he was there under some kind of obligation, not because he really wanted to be. Probably went out earlier than he'd have liked, but potentially was expected given his lack of prep/lack of commitment.

He's got bigger fish to fry, made his appearance, had a bit of fun, now back to the serious stuff. Water off a duck's back, not much more to see here.
Sev3ns
10/7/2019 6:08pm
kb228 wrote:
Im kindof shocked nobody has made a thread about our 2019 sx champion getting knocked out by an amateur. IMO the final race should have been...
Im kindof shocked nobody has made a thread about our 2019 sx champion getting knocked out by an amateur. IMO the final race should have been Webb and Roczen. Did something happen to webb or the bike?
Webb was there because red bull made him be there. Had that not been the case he wouldn't have participated. Not his cup of tea.
10/7/2019 7:59pm
Goals for RBSR: 1) Don't get hurt. 2) Keep sponsor happy. 3) Don't get hurt. 4) Have some fun
5) Don't get hurt.
Bennett59
10/7/2019 9:42pm
rehan53 wrote:
Big jumps and big scrubs look cool and will carry you for a while, but this event shows, among other things, that champions are made in...
Webb has never really looked good in the whoops though in my opinion.
BobbyLight
10/8/2019 3:37am
kb228 wrote:
Im kindof shocked nobody has made a thread about our 2019 sx champion getting knocked out by an amateur. IMO the final race should have been...
Sev3ns wrote:
Webb was there because red bull made him be there. Had that not been the case he wouldn't have participated. Not his cup of tea.
I dont know about that, if you look at the first interview they did with him he was all smiles and genuinely looked like he was having fun being there.

Post a reply to: Cooper Webb??

The Latest