Coop the only one who gives a F### about the title

#2stroke
Edited Date/Time 4/27/2021 6:30am
Tomac and Roczen are riding around like as long as the cheque clears they're good.

Good for them but sucks for us fans, especially when Cooper is arguably the least talented out of the three. He is the only one laying it all out there though.
|
bowl
4/25/2021 4:06am
Less talented ...bullshit ....best tight corner speed out of everyone.jumps low as fook to
#2stroke
4/25/2021 4:16am
bowl wrote:
Less talented ...bullshit ....best tight corner speed out of everyone.jumps low as fook to
So you line all three up on there ON nights and Cooper wins?

Cooper's talent is his grittiness/mental. Obviously fast AF but talking compared to the top three here.
bodean123
Fantasy
2112th
4/25/2021 4:40am
Haha the least talented, yet the only one on track to have multiple 450SX titles.
MickyT
4/25/2021 5:04am
He doesn’t have the natural talent of KR and ET but he has a bigger heart and better race craft!
And I’m a big Kenny fan!
As a fan it’s devastating watchKenny lose this 21 title!
If he dealt with Webb at the start of the season he would win the title!
But it has turned into a huge mental disadvantage for Kenny!
Imagine everyone calling you mentally weak and your competitor an absolute animal mentally!
I feel for Kenny!

The Shop

MickyT
4/25/2021 5:12am
I would give anything to see Webb try a hard block pass on Kenny and Kenny hit him back hard and even knock him off the track!
Until he does that Webb will always have the confidence to overtake him at the end of races cause he knows Kenny never fights back!
Imagine how Webb feels if he is anywhere near Ken at the end of a race! He KNOWS he is going to pass him and win! There is no fear of an aggressive pass cause Ken won’t fight! Doesn’t Ken have a team telling him this stuff or does he just have “YES” men telling him what he wants to hear!
As much as I want to see Kenny win an outdoor title I almost think it’s time to just go SX only!
And let Kenny devote all his time to better mentally, racecraft wise and with aggressive passing!
He has lost so many races cause he won’t put an aggressive pass on!!!
It’s hard being a KR fan atm!
mikie44
4/25/2021 5:15am
" least talented out of the three" - Watch Coop's corners and corner exit. It's unreal. He can run a tighter line by several feet and still come out with exit speed to hit obstacles.
kijen
4/25/2021 5:53am Edited Date/Time 4/25/2021 5:54am
MickyT wrote:
I would give anything to see Webb try a hard block pass on Kenny and Kenny hit him back hard and even knock him off the...
I would give anything to see Webb try a hard block pass on Kenny and Kenny hit him back hard and even knock him off the track!
Until he does that Webb will always have the confidence to overtake him at the end of races cause he knows Kenny never fights back!
Imagine how Webb feels if he is anywhere near Ken at the end of a race! He KNOWS he is going to pass him and win! There is no fear of an aggressive pass cause Ken won’t fight! Doesn’t Ken have a team telling him this stuff or does he just have “YES” men telling him what he wants to hear!
As much as I want to see Kenny win an outdoor title I almost think it’s time to just go SX only!
And let Kenny devote all his time to better mentally, racecraft wise and with aggressive passing!
Um....seems the last 2 races Cooper was no where near Kenny when he took himself out while leading the race, no aggressive passes were required, lolSmile
Logan_724
4/25/2021 6:45am
MickyT wrote:
I would give anything to see Webb try a hard block pass on Kenny and Kenny hit him back hard and even knock him off the...
Bet if that was Ken in the lead last night and not Marv coop would have easily passed. Could have stuffed him in that one corner
dge532
4/25/2021 7:17am
All of you roczen fanboys are just like your hero. Full of tons of excuses, what ifs, and straight up whining. He tried taking a shot at cooper once and wrapped himself around his back wheel! Ken is a professional practice rider coop is a racer, deal with it
deluxeman
4/25/2021 7:19am
MickyT wrote:
kijen wrote:
Um....seems the last 2 races Cooper was no where near Kenny when he took himself out while leading the race, no aggressive passes were required, lolSmile
So Ken leading and then crashing, then not being able to make any forward progress after that proves Ken is better than Webb? Not sure how that adds up. I thought better meant winner?

I am confused by the whole “least talented” thing anyway. If it’s just based on how they look on the bike then there are lots of people that look better than Webb. The crazy thing is is that you don’t get style points. You only get finishing points, so far he has more “finishing points” than all the faster, better more talented riders in the field. Weird huh?
mxtech1
4/25/2021 8:09am
With Webb’s second place finish last night, he all but locked up the championship by extending his points lead to 20+.

And the guy was noticeably disappointed that he finished 2nd and couldn’t pass Marvin for the win. I get the fact that from a bonus standpoint 2nd probably pays a lot less than a win, but man, Webb is a true warrior to be bummed about 2nd rather than ecstatic than the championship is his to lose at this point.
4/25/2021 8:16am
#2stroke wrote:
Tomac and Roczen are riding around like as long as the cheque clears they're good. Good for them but sucks for us fans, especially when Cooper...
Tomac and Roczen are riding around like as long as the cheque clears they're good.

Good for them but sucks for us fans, especially when Cooper is arguably the least talented out of the three. He is the only one laying it all out there though.
How can you say the guy who is about to have (unless there is a mechanical or injury) more sx titles than both Eli and Roczen is less talented than them?
Bradshaw Fan
4/25/2021 8:19am
#2stroke wrote:
Tomac and Roczen are riding around like as long as the cheque clears they're good. Good for them but sucks for us fans, especially when Cooper...

I agree with this
Tumic
4/25/2021 8:28am
Yes, Webb is fast in tight corners but still looks like a B rider when you throw a couple of good sized whoops in front of him.

When it comes to natural ability he just lacks it and makes up for some of it with training and a heart of a lion. But thats not natural talent..
hunterp27
4/25/2021 8:29am
I do not believe that the OP was trying to denigrate Cooper by saying he was the least talented. In actuality what the OP was doing is passing a compliment to Cooper by pointing out that even with less raw speed and talent he finds a way to get it done. I think the real point of the OP's message is that all of the ingredients were present for this season to have a legitimate 3-person chase for the title but Tomac has/had the SX Title hangover and Kenny seems to have had some sort of admitted change in focus to family and other things. Highlighting the real point of the initial post: It sux for the fans not to see all three of them scraping, grinding and clawing for wins. Just an observation on my part. I will go refill my coffee mug and find my Nomex suit.
dcg141
4/25/2021 8:40am
Patience is a virtue and Webb understands this and has the discipline to use it. How many times, like last night, does he wait it out, figure out better lines and wait for mistakes. He lets the race come to him and that takes patience and mental discipline. Dungey understood this also. Its playing the long game and it wins championships. Knowing when to push and take chances is so much smarter than just hanging it out from jump street. I think he knows to save energy to close with. Would not be surprised that Baker has that mapped out. There are ways to map out just how much energy you have as an athlete. You do all that work and get the athlete to buy in and its a deadly efficient combination.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
4/25/2021 8:46am
Just because Coop works harder and seems to have a little more fire in the belly doesn't mean he's not as talented. We're talking about the top 3 fastest SX riders in the world......riding on the edge and not crashing requires some talent. Love me some KR, but he's gotten the holey the last 2 weeks and put it on the ground both times when in the lead.
duckdog77
4/25/2021 9:22am
bodean123 wrote:
Haha the least talented, yet the only one on track to have multiple 450SX titles.
This is a hard point to argue.
4/25/2021 9:28am
For a SX rider, talent includes: pace, racecraft, and mental toughness.

Only one of these guys has all three.

Tomac has two, Roczen only has one.
Mit12
4/25/2021 10:09am Edited Date/Time 4/25/2021 10:10am
MickyT wrote:
He doesn’t have the natural talent of KR and ET but he has a bigger heart and better race craft! And I’m a big Kenny fan...
He doesn’t have the natural talent of KR and ET but he has a bigger heart and better race craft!
And I’m a big Kenny fan!
As a fan it’s devastating watchKenny lose this 21 title!
If he dealt with Webb at the start of the season he would win the title!
But it has turned into a huge mental disadvantage for Kenny!
Imagine everyone calling you mentally weak and your competitor an absolute animal mentally!
I feel for Kenny!
Roczen has a mental block in SX that keeps him from finishing the deal. It is amazing that he can handle the pressure of the title outdoors but crumbles in SX.
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2020th
4/25/2021 10:16am
MickyT wrote:
The exact situation you are describing.....
teamddr
4/25/2021 10:20am
Webb is super talented but he could never flow like Kroc, I get it about what the original poster is trying to say but Webb fully deserve’s this title. If someone shows up with Kennys talent and more determined with a hard edge to his game then Webb is the second best guy out there.
500 Mike
4/25/2021 10:22am
KR has been hurt too many times get aggressive any more. Too much to risk with a wife and kid now. Tomac is mailing it in as well as Marv. So yes Web is the only one who really cares much about the title. And I can’t stand him.
TY838
4/25/2021 10:30am
#2stroke wrote:

The crazy thing is only a few riders get multiple wins each season. Eli has done that, raced every round, no dnf's and is 50 pts behind and the racing isn't done. Seems like this season has been a close big 3 but not really.
4/25/2021 11:15am Edited Date/Time 4/25/2021 11:16am
500 Mike wrote:
KR has been hurt too many times get aggressive any more. Too much to risk with a wife and kid now. Tomac is mailing it in...
KR has been hurt too many times get aggressive any more. Too much to risk with a wife and kid now. Tomac is mailing it in as well as Marv. So yes Web is the only one who really cares much about the title. And I can’t stand him.
That's a pretty dumb theory, in my opinion. Two races ago people were saying Kenny was coming back and that Webb should be worried. Now he's just mailing it in because it's too dangerous? Webb is simply beating him.
cz2crf2wc
4/25/2021 11:41am
20 wins and 2 championships in 3 years, Ya he's the least talented ?
4/25/2021 11:45am
Cooper has that Killer Instinct that Roczen and Tomac have NEVER had. Webb is in the old school mode like Hannah or Howerton. They had that killer instinct as well. Cooper broke Kenny at Daytona. Ever since then, Kenny really crumbles when the pressure is on him.

Kenny will not win anymore championships. I see Fernandis probably being the next one to work into the top three every week and probably win a championship. Sexton will be in the mix of new guys as well.
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
4/25/2021 11:47am
No one in the show isn’t talented. Man , how fast we get spoiled. You can have all the grit and race craft in the world. wont mean a thing without elite talent/speed.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3875th
4/25/2021 11:49am
The least talented? I'd say they're all extremely talented, but at this point in their careers I'd say Coop has the most will to win.

Post a reply to: Coop the only one who gives a F### about the title

The Latest