Cooling vests

greg570
Edited Date/Time 8/10/2018 8:42am
Anybody using them? How effective are they? I have been considering either Alpinestars version >>

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-vest-mx-cooling

or this one from Macna

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/macna-dry-cooling-vest
|
agn5009
8/9/2018 5:56am
I have the one from A-stars. Haven't worn it in a year or so. It's great for riding MX because you're not out there that long. But if you do any trail riding or a harescramble I wouldn't wear it. It'll keep you cool for about an hour then dry up and be hot as balls.
phatfi20
8/9/2018 7:11am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2018 7:11am
Off topic but related to staying cool. I'm having overhearing problems and I asked Keefer his opinion on best venting gear.

He said Fox flexair is best and Moose Sahara has insane venting. Also Fly kinetic mesh and FXR helium notable mention.

I just bought a set of Sahara gear and while not the best looking IMO, I'd rather be cooler and out on the track longer.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
8/9/2018 8:33am
DoubleA wrote:
From this weekend in Lommel [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/stories/2018/08/07/max_pitbitslommel_10_of_82_942361.jpg[/img]
From this weekend in Lommel
That's a pre-moto ice vest, you don't wear it while riding though. It's just meant to keep your core temps down a bit before a physical activity in the heat.

The Shop

8/9/2018 8:44am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2018 8:44am
Cooling vests don't really work more than 10-15 minutes then it's just more layers. Moose Sahara gear is probably the most vented gear I've worn but it's paper thin. I typically destroy those pants after one ride. Mostly the inner calf area. I tried those padded body protector shirt things and went back to a slim plastic chest protector (Leatt) under my jersey. Seemed to be a lot cooler.
phatfi20
8/10/2018 8:22am
DoubleA wrote:
From this weekend in Lommel [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/stories/2018/08/07/max_pitbitslommel_10_of_82_942361.jpg[/img]
From this weekend in Lommel
ML512 wrote:
That's a pre-moto ice vest, you don't wear it while riding though. It's just meant to keep your core temps down a bit before a physical...
That's a pre-moto ice vest, you don't wear it while riding though. It's just meant to keep your core temps down a bit before a physical activity in the heat.
ML:

I'm interested to hear your opinion on vented gear options?
8/10/2018 8:27am
phatfi20 wrote:
Off topic but related to staying cool. I'm having overhearing problems and I asked Keefer his opinion on best venting gear. He said Fox flexair is...
Off topic but related to staying cool. I'm having overhearing problems and I asked Keefer his opinion on best venting gear.

He said Fox flexair is best and Moose Sahara has insane venting. Also Fly kinetic mesh and FXR helium notable mention.

I just bought a set of Sahara gear and while not the best looking IMO, I'd rather be cooler and out on the track longer.
8/10/2018 8:32am
Cooling vests don't really work more than 10-15 minutes then it's just more layers. Moose Sahara gear is probably the most vented gear I've worn but...
Cooling vests don't really work more than 10-15 minutes then it's just more layers. Moose Sahara gear is probably the most vented gear I've worn but it's paper thin. I typically destroy those pants after one ride. Mostly the inner calf area. I tried those padded body protector shirt things and went back to a slim plastic chest protector (Leatt) under my jersey. Seemed to be a lot cooler.
How is the durability of the jersey in your experience?
8/10/2018 8:34am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2018 8:35am
Kx125rider wrote:
Don't crash and it's fine Smile Seriously though, it's the most comfortable gear I've worn. I still have four Sahara jerseys, all in good shape. I wore the Sahara gear late in the So Cal desert/GP season when it was hot as balls.
DoubleA
8/10/2018 8:42am
ML512 wrote:
That's a pre-moto ice vest, you don't wear it while riding though. It's just meant to keep your core temps down a bit before a physical...
My mistake, never heard of them before. I was just going off what it looked like in pictures OP posted and pitbits. Is there a lot of benefit from the Ice Vests
8/10/2018 9:14am
Kx125rider wrote:
Don't crash and it's fine :) Seriously though, it's the most comfortable gear I've worn. I still have four Sahara jerseys, all in good shape. I...
Don't crash and it's fine Smile Seriously though, it's the most comfortable gear I've worn. I still have four Sahara jerseys, all in good shape. I wore the Sahara gear late in the So Cal desert/GP season when it was hot as balls.
Awesome thanks

Post a reply to: Cooling vests

The Latest