Cool story about Tixier's bike

Related:
Create New Tag

10/8/2018 3:35 PM

Tixier got called 2 weeks before the race, so team VHR didn't have time to prepare a new bike or second motor.
So he came to the US with a prepared engine and suspension and bolted all of that on a rented bike.

We all know his engine died in the first moto. Oops. The Mexican team (the ones with the coolest shirts!) proposed to lend them a bike since they didn't make the A final. But the rules prohibit you from racing on a different bike than the one registered to a rider. So they bolted the original (stock) engine back onto the bike.

Note to self: Don't rent a bike to the French. They are going to beat it up pretty badly :-)

|

man who runs in front of bus gets tired. man who runs behind bus gets exhausted

10/8/2018 3:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/8/2018 3:49 PM

Recap:
- Tixier brought his own (built) engine and suspension, rented a bike to put it in
- Tixier blew up his built engine, so he was forced to use the stock one

Takeaway:
- I can't believe I wanna "cool story bro" someone who's been posting here for 10 years

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

10/8/2018 8:07 PM

funny thing is all c class spodes think the 19 ktm is slow. incluiding MXA.

|

10/8/2018 8:25 PM

Apparently Tommy Searle was riding a stock motor 2nd moto too. Crazy.

450s don't need shit!

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/8/2018 8:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/8/2018 8:25 PM

Definitely a cool story, I'm sure the circumstances make it that much sweeter for Tixier.

If I'm not mistaken Searle also rode a rented bike that blew up, I believe he said he brought his suspension and some parts but when the bike expired he also had to use a stock engine.

Edit: Crush beat me to it haha

|

10/8/2018 8:31 PM

Makes it pretty hard to believe that the average local racer really “needs” a pipe or anything else. Then again quite a few 250s beat a lot of 450s. More proof, it’s the rider.

|

10/8/2018 8:33 PM

Guys how can I cut my airbox to get more hp's outta my 19?

|

10' 200 XC-w
96' XR600r

10/8/2018 9:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/8/2018 9:04 PM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

Recap:
- Tixier brought his own (built) engine and suspension, rented a bike to put it in
- Tixier blew up his built engine, ...more

chill bro i thought it was a cool bit of info i didn't know till i just read his post. Stock engine on a track that was delivering abuse to all sorts of bikes and teams.

Takeaway:
you actually look like the bigger douche for taking the time to attempt a 'witty' chirp to put down a long time member. But then you spent some more time thinking about your sweet comment and actually decided to edit it and thats where you landed.....

*edit* To the OP, i appreciate your bit of info!

|

10/8/2018 9:28 PM

What I want to know, where do you rent a bike. And where do you rent a bike that they dont mind you stripping it down with motor changes, etc..

|

10/9/2018 7:44 AM

My good buddy rented his ‘19 Husky to Harri Kulus from Estonia. Bone stock - with their ignition and suspension. He beat Barcia both motos....

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

10/9/2018 7:47 AM

MxKing809 wrote:

My good buddy rented his ‘19 Husky to Harri Kulus from Estonia. Bone stock - with their ignition and suspension. He beat ...more

That's awesome!

|

10/9/2018 8:05 AM

MxKing809 wrote:

My good buddy rented his ‘19 Husky to Harri Kulus from Estonia. Bone stock - with their ignition and suspension. He beat ...more

..... so he got a factory ECU?

|

10/9/2018 10:48 AM

So that's three rented bikes at MXoN?

|

10/9/2018 2:44 PM

MxKing809 wrote:

Lastander wrote:

..... so he got a factory ECU?

Probably a GET system? Just shows a large percentage of the Euros are not even on their own bikes...................

|