Cool Helmets

Related:
Create New Tag

12/29/2015 12:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/29/2015 12:02 PM

Bubba 2008 red bull Helmet with crystals everywhere on it was pretty badass. Can't find any pics of it, they had it displayed last year at iron man national.

|

12/29/2015 12:28 PM

Kirk Hunter at Xtreme Kolors did a killer job for me, and it was cheap as hell! This was my Shoei.Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

It matched this gear perfectly!

Photo

|

youtube.com/iridea250fyamaha

12/29/2015 12:36 PM

RailinRuts450 wrote:

I always really liked Doug Henry's angry carb helmets. Wish I could find one.

Also think I just dated myself...

Photo

Photo

I still have that older Henry Shoei in the bottom pic......I think I bought it new in 98 or something like that. It's now a decoration in the house.

|

12/29/2015 12:49 PM

I had the blue and orange one in the top pic, bottom right hand corner. I loved that helmet!

|

12/29/2015 12:51 PM

Ryan, that helmet is bitchin.

|

12/29/2015 1:08 PM

hvaughn88 wrote:

Ryan, that helmet is bitchin.

Thanks buddy! I slapped myself pretty good in it here, and dont wear it anymore unless I'm racing my Ski, or out at Colins.

|

12/29/2015 2:02 PM

Torco1 wrote:

I still have that older Henry Shoei in the bottom pic......I think I bought it new in 98 or something like that. It's now a ...more

Yeah that's pretty cool. I found them one on eBay. Think I'll bite the bullet after Christmas gets paid off. in sure they're around.

|

12/29/2015 6:31 PM

Jason Lawrence helmets always made me laugh Photo

Photo

|

5/16/2016 11:56 AM

Photo
Rekers design
|

5/16/2016 12:04 PM

Rekers Design helmpaint

Photo

Photo

|

5/16/2016 12:08 PM

Photo

Photo

Rekers design helmpaint

|

5/16/2016 12:17 PM

Jan_Rekers wrote:

Rekers Design helmpaint

Photo

Photo

Photo
Rekers design
|

5/16/2016 12:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/17/2016 3:16 AM

Photo

Rekers design
|

5/16/2016 12:39 PM

Photo

|

5/16/2016 1:33 PM

Jan_Rekers wrote: Photo
Rekers design

First off, phenomenal work.

My only question of you is how much grief are you getting from Redbull? I know those guys are insanely gnarly about keeping the redbull branded stuff locked down tight.

Unless of course it is for yourself and not for profit, at which point than there is nothing can be done if I am not mistaken.

Either way, incredible work

|

shit'll buff out

5/16/2016 3:57 PM

Hard to beat Rossi...Photo

|

5/18/2016 2:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/18/2016 3:00 PM

Some of mine

TLD

Photo

LIST Designs
Photo

Photo

LIST Designs
Photo

Photo

Photo

NO LIMIT

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

5/19/2016 4:03 PM

This is my one and only, custom painted lid. Razor designs painted it. He mostly did go kart helmets, and was referred by my kart racing buddy. I thought it turned out bad ass, but his rendering of the Hook Ups skateboard cartoon was a little weak. Photo

Photo

Photo

|

5/19/2016 4:09 PM

This is one, my late brother started painting himself. Artwork is from Iron Maiden album, "Aces High". I'm tempted to finish it, but kinda like having it the way he left it. Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

5/19/2016 9:04 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Some of mine

TLD

Photo

LIST Designs
Photo

Photo

LIST Designs
Photo

Photo

Photo

NO LIMIT

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

DUDE, WHERE DID YOU GET THE NO LIMIT HELMET?
Do you have a contact for him? He painted a helmet for RC back in the 90s that was the sickest shit I've ever seen. Been trying to find him for years.

The Ren Stimpy one is great too.

|

5/19/2016 9:05 PM

Jan_Rekers wrote: Photo
Rekers design
moscrop940 wrote:

First off, phenomenal work.

My only question of you is how much grief are you getting from Redbull? I know those guys are ...more

Ugh sorry but I'm of the opposite opinion. The work is derivative, proportioned entirely wrong, and generally not even a good imitation.

|

5/19/2016 9:57 PM

Man I had forgot about this thread, good lids all around!

|

5/19/2016 10:12 PM

I love the 2 Stupid Dogs one.

|

5/20/2016 6:03 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Some of mine

TLD

Photo

LIST Designs
Photo

Photo

LIST Designs
Photo

Photo

Photo

NO LIMIT

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

thefactorypilot wrote:

DUDE, WHERE DID YOU GET THE NO LIMIT HELMET?
Do you have a contact for him? He painted a helmet for RC back in the 90s that ...more

Back when he was doing Ferry, RC, Stewart's helmets I lived about 20 minutes from him in Lakeland Fl. He did 6 helmets over the years for me and a couple for my daughters.
Last I heard was he got so upset at FOX for taking RC and Stewart he quit the paint business. To RCs credit RC used his stuff as long as he could to thank him for the years of free stuff.
Last I had heard he was a garbage man driving a garbage truck. He didn't ride so nobody ever saw him after he bailed from painting.

|

5/20/2016 6:39 AM

Hey factorypilot the next time you see the Stewart's at a race ask them because the guy used to live pretty close to them. Even if they don't know it will be a fun conversation because they used to dig their stuff.

All the No Limit stuff that was done for Ferry I think was all American flag designed stuff.

3 helmets he did for me was designed from the intro scenes from the tv show The Wild Wild West

|

5/27/2016 10:40 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Hey factorypilot the next time you see the Stewart's at a race ask them because the guy used to live pretty close to them. ...more

He was such a great airbrush artist.

The RC helmet I'm talking about had this big purple monster on the side with huge muscles, kinda looked like THE MAXX... the other side had tentacles all over it. I'm an artist myself and the first time I saw RC wearing that helmet I was just blown away. I've NEVER been able to find a picture of it.
I asked RC about it once and he remembered it fondly.

and PS, Carmichael went to Mike Taylor after No Limit, then Fox in-house.

|

5/27/2016 1:58 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Hey factorypilot the next time you see the Stewart's at a race ask them because the guy used to live pretty close to them. ...more

thefactorypilot wrote:

He was such a great airbrush artist.

The RC helmet I'm talking about had this big purple monster on the side with huge ...more

Oh that's cool! My memory is a bit foggy going that far back. I remember that RC helmet

|

5/27/2016 2:21 PM

Have you guys seen Vettels Monaco helmet for this weekend? Simulated leatherwork, mind boggling, JMD's artistry is amazing.

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

5/27/2016 3:06 PM

Damn vettel's helmit is awesome. Incredible work

|

5/27/2016 4:56 PM

Photo