Cooksey interviews Aldon Baker.

Edited Date/Time 9/9/2020 12:24pm
Pretty balanced interview in my opinion, but my main disagreement with Cooksey is that he attempts to assign guilt by implication. In other words, he seems to want to strongly imply that based on a few instances (Stewart, Tickle) doping is happening on a much larger scale in the motocross community than we are aware of. I tend to side with Aldon Baker that it's not happening on that level.

https://www.buzzsprout.com/280536/5359810?fbclid=IwAR0X97BKbUp632gVCC1p…
|
petef930
9/9/2020 10:54am
Didn’t pulp just do this same interview?
hamncheeze
9/9/2020 11:04am
Absolutely no way I give "Hot Take" Cooksey any clicks or downloads. Guy is like the dorky kid in high school who runs around trying to create extra drama because he's so unhappy in his own situation.

The Shop

robotsfrom
9/9/2020 11:24am
Pretty balanced interview in my opinion, but my main disagreement with Cooksey is that he attempts to assign guilt by implication. In other words, he seems...
Pretty balanced interview in my opinion, but my main disagreement with Cooksey is that he attempts to assign guilt by implication. In other words, he seems to want to strongly imply that based on a few instances (Stewart, Tickle) doping is happening on a much larger scale in the motocross community than we are aware of. I tend to side with Aldon Baker that it's not happening on that level.

wasn't Stewart's incident linked to prescribed Aderall and the FIM not sorting out his exemption in time? Or have I had the wrong story on that for years?
9/9/2020 11:30am
hamncheeze wrote:
Absolutely no way I give "Hot Take" Cooksey any clicks or downloads. Guy is like the dorky kid in high school who runs around trying to...
Absolutely no way I give "Hot Take" Cooksey any clicks or downloads. Guy is like the dorky kid in high school who runs around trying to create extra drama because he's so unhappy in his own situation.
I'm not aware of the history with Cooksey. I listened to the pulpmx show, and then Cooksey's initial response came across my fb feed, and so I've followed along. To me, the interview seems fairly balanced. The only disagreement I have, I already outlined. I do think it's an important topic that will need further discussion at some point.
9/9/2020 11:32am
Pretty balanced interview in my opinion, but my main disagreement with Cooksey is that he attempts to assign guilt by implication. In other words, he seems...

robotsfrom wrote:
wasn't Stewart's incident linked to prescribed Aderall and the FIM not sorting out his exemption in time? Or have I had the wrong story on that...
wasn't Stewart's incident linked to prescribed Aderall and the FIM not sorting out his exemption in time? Or have I had the wrong story on that for years?
I believe you are correct and should clarify I do not think there was any intent on Stewart (or Tickle's) part to cheat or gain an unfair advantage.
9/9/2020 11:33am
stremme12 wrote:
You lost me at Cooksey Interview.
Question wrote:
I was lost further, at Aldin Wink
I agree. Sure wish some folks would check their damn spelling around here sometimes, lol.
Motodave15
9/9/2020 12:05pm
This was a insta click for me. Alot of people on this forum dont like difficult conversations or real journalism
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/9/2020 12:14pm
Motodave15 wrote:
This was a insta click for me. Alot of people on this forum dont like difficult conversations or real journalism
Real journalism GrinningGrinningGrinning
mxjon454
9/9/2020 12:31pm

robotsfrom wrote:
wasn't Stewart's incident linked to prescribed Aderall and the FIM not sorting out his exemption in time? Or have I had the wrong story on that...
Yup, I believe James didn’t have his Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) paperwork filed correctly or filed on time to use it even tho he had a prescription for it.
Robgvx
9/9/2020 1:58pm

robotsfrom wrote:
mxjon454 wrote:
Yup, I believe James didn’t have his Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) paperwork filed correctly or filed on time to use it even tho he had a...
Yup, I believe James didn’t have his Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) paperwork filed correctly or filed on time to use it even tho he had a prescription for it.
He didn’t have a TUE. He got busted, said it was on prescription and then applied for a TUE after the fact.
MXMattii
9/9/2020 2:33pm
Don't like the intro, where Cooksey talks too much about himself, but the interview is great.
Le369
9/9/2020 2:41pm
I didn't know it would start a fire when I brought it up on pulp 😂😂 good stuff
rdrurypi
9/9/2020 2:42pm
robotsfrom wrote:
mxjon454 wrote:
Yup, I believe James didn’t have his Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) paperwork filed correctly or filed on time to use it even tho he had a...
Robgvx wrote:
He didn’t have a TUE. He got busted, said it was on prescription and then applied for a TUE after the fact.
Aderall is prescribed for medical students from medical school teachers/physicians to help them cram ridiculous amounts of Information for tests. The penalty Stew received for prescribed Aderall was a crime.
hamncheeze
9/9/2020 3:11pm
rdrurypi wrote:
Aderall is prescribed for medical students from medical school teachers/physicians to help them cram ridiculous amounts of Information for tests. The penalty Stew received for prescribed...
Aderall is prescribed for medical students from medical school teachers/physicians to help them cram ridiculous amounts of Information for tests. The penalty Stew received for prescribed Aderall was a crime.
The crime was that despite all the entourage around James, no one in his camp was able to file the suitable paperwork for the TUE. If that happens as required everything else is a moot point.
Tuna
9/9/2020 4:00pm
Motodave15 wrote:
Cooksey and real journalism don’t belong in the same sentence. Just because one day you decide to tell everyone you are a professional at something it does not mean you actually should be granted that status. The guy certainly thinks highly of himself😂
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
9/9/2020 4:51pm
Tuna wrote:
Cooksey and real journalism don’t belong in the same sentence. Just because one day you decide to tell everyone you are a professional at something it...
Cooksey and real journalism don’t belong in the same sentence. Just because one day you decide to tell everyone you are a professional at something it does not mean you actually should be granted that status. The guy certainly thinks highly of himself😂
Couldn’t agree more with this !! 🤡
bvm111
9/9/2020 6:16pm
Mr Alpha Dawg .... bwahahahahah
9/9/2020 6:24pm
Motodave15 wrote:
Cooksey is the TMZ of motocross 🤣
jemcee
9/9/2020 9:26pm
Motodave15 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Real journalism GrinningGrinningGrinning
I actually let out a 'HA' when I read it
PTshox
9/9/2020 9:42pm
Here is my take… Aldon took the time to deal with this guy without a representative. No attorney, no PR person etc.…He was there, bare, to tell his story. Cookie was there to have a somewhat good interview but also create drama to sell… sell his pod cast etc. You could tell if he could take it down a rabbit hole he would.... I can see that 100000 yards away.

I have no dog in this fight. I don’t like douchebags as a general rule…. I tip my hat to Aldon on this one for being real. Keep on keeping on Aldon. Don’t let the bastards get you down! He was real, attricuate, genuine… My 3 cents.
agn5009
9/9/2020 10:02pm
hamncheeze wrote:
Absolutely no way I give "Hot Take" Cooksey any clicks or downloads. Guy is like the dorky kid in high school who runs around trying to...
I'm not aware of the history with Cooksey. I listened to the pulpmx show, and then Cooksey's initial response came across my fb feed, and so...
I'm not aware of the history with Cooksey. I listened to the pulpmx show, and then Cooksey's initial response came across my fb feed, and so I've followed along. To me, the interview seems fairly balanced. The only disagreement I have, I already outlined. I do think it's an important topic that will need further discussion at some point.
Its really not that important of a topic.
9/10/2020 12:09am
Lot of hate for CC in here, I don’t really understand why.
Somebody point me to something he’s done terribly so I can understand.?

The sound quality of that interview was shocking. But otherwise a good listen.
WCRider
Fantasy
2301st
9/10/2020 12:20am Edited Date/Time 9/10/2020 12:52am
Good talk. Cooksey is the perfect scapegoat lol
yamahaha131
9/10/2020 1:39am
For someone so intelligent, Aldon played the clueless card well.
ktmdan
9/10/2020 5:02am
Why would Aldon do an interview with him? He's just giving him media 'cred', as is everyone downloading the content...
rohleder644
9/10/2020 5:23am
hamncheeze wrote:
The crime was that despite all the entourage around James, no one in his camp was able to file the suitable paperwork for the TUE. If...
The crime was that despite all the entourage around James, no one in his camp was able to file the suitable paperwork for the TUE. If that happens as required everything else is a moot point.
The rules were black and white and he broke them. But you can get fucked if you think a clerical error was reason enough to pull one of the very best the sport’s ever seen.

Post a reply to: Cooksey interviews Aldon Baker.

The Latest