Cooksey, Straight to the Point

Related:
Create New Tag

1/30/2019 6:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/30/2019 6:07 AM

Wow! Awesome write up man. I feel like this idea has been around but never surfaced do to unpopularity.

There were 18 comments on that story. Surely deserves discussion here.

I think the amateurs are dumping too much into few kids and some are being left by the wayside inable to develop talent as fast as their cohorts. I mean....when I was racing it was:

Matt Boni, Chisholm, villopoto on kawis
Skinner, Lichtle, hepler, Jlaw on suzukis
Evenou Yamaha
Alessi Honda

Who I never saw under a factory rent was dungey. And I remember when dungey got that Suzuki ride professionally...my dad and I were like....who?! Sure enough we looked back on our results and he was always there top 10 every race but never heard of him. I’m not here to say if I had factory support I would be something today. Because I was only mid pack. And not mad, the pressure on these factory kids is probably another whole paradigm in itself. I’m glad I got to have fun racing with my dad at a semi-competitive level.

Peick.....late start no amatuer support. Grinded out as the underdog.

AC was supposed to be the next Ricky Carmicaels. He’s doing well but not slaughtering it like everyone thought. I can see ryder difrancesco doing the same in his pro career. But it’s all speculation we just dont know. Leveling the playing field in amateurs should be closely looked at.

I guess I’m sayin awesome write up Cooksey. This stuff isn’t unnoticed. And even in the pros seems like the same guys are getting opportunities while the rest struggle to develop their trade.

|

GP740
Since 1987

1/30/2019 6:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/30/2019 6:09 AM

There is a discussion, there's some real good insight here
https://m.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/How-do-we-keep-amateur-racing-amateur,1353417

|

1/30/2019 6:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/30/2019 6:34 AM

Doh. How did I miss that. Ok. delete this thread please!

|

GP740
Since 1987

1/30/2019 5:49 PM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

Wow! Awesome write up man. I feel like this idea has been around but never surfaced do to unpopularity.

There were 18 comments on that story. Surely deserves discussion here.

I think the amateurs are dumping too much into few kids and some are being left by the wayside inable to develop talent as fast as their cohorts. I mean....when I was racing it was:

Matt Boni, Chisholm, villopoto on kawis
Skinner, Lichtle, hepler, Jlaw on suzukis
Evenou Yamaha
Alessi Honda

Who I never saw under a factory rent was dungey. And I remember when dungey got that Suzuki ride professionally...my dad and I were like....who?! Sure enough we looked back on our results and he was always there top 10 every race but never heard of him. I’m not here to say if I had factory support I would be something today. Because I was only mid pack. And not mad, the pressure on these factory kids is probably another whole paradigm in itself. I’m glad I got to have fun racing with my dad at a semi-competitive level.

Peick.....late start no amatuer support. Grinded out as the underdog.

AC was supposed to be the next Ricky Carmicaels. He’s doing well but not slaughtering it like everyone thought. I can see ryder difrancesco doing the same in his pro career. But it’s all speculation we just dont know. Leveling the playing field in amateurs should be closely looked at.

I guess I’m sayin awesome write up Cooksey. This stuff isn’t unnoticed. And even in the pros seems like the same guys are getting opportunities while the rest struggle to develop their trade.

Thanks for the kind words, just calling what I see..

|