Cooksey Media video

hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
Edited Date/Time 6/10/2021 11:13am
Anyone catch the video Cooksey put out regarding Wackers and Brown incident and the Bagget situation? I appreciate the honesty and openess of his videos, but damn, he probably ain't making friends. Need more people like him and Matthes in this sport.
|
McG194
6/8/2021 11:43am
hartebreak wrote:
Anyone catch the video Cooksey put out regarding Wackers and Brown incident and the Bagget situation? I appreciate the honesty and openess of his videos, but...
Anyone catch the video Cooksey put out regarding Wackers and Brown incident and the Bagget situation? I appreciate the honesty and openess of his videos, but damn, he probably ain't making friends. Need more people like him and Matthes in this sport.
You are about to get hammered.

God have mercy on your soul.
6/8/2021 11:46am
He jumps to conclusions and thinks he has the whole story from a few vague text messages, then proceeds to call people liarsโ€ฆ Not making friends would be an understatement. Do some real investigative journalism, or STFU
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
6/8/2021 11:46am
hartebreak wrote:
Anyone catch the video Cooksey put out regarding Wackers and Brown incident and the Bagget situation? I appreciate the honesty and openess of his videos, but...
McG194 wrote:
You are about to get hammered.

God have mercy on your soul.
Meh, what's new.
S.Loyer
6/8/2021 11:47am
This guy has lost all credibility.

The Shop

UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
6/8/2021 11:49am
He has no idea what he is talking about concerning Baggett.
McG194
6/8/2021 11:54am
UpTiTe wrote:
So, what is the story with Baggett? I would be more willing to believe that he hasn't been paid and it's in litigation than they parted happy and Baggett just don't feel like talking.
captmoto
6/8/2021 11:55am
UpTiTe wrote:
McG194 wrote:
So, what is the story with Baggett? I would be more willing to believe that he hasn't been paid and it's in litigation than they parted...
So, what is the story with Baggett? I would be more willing to believe that he hasn't been paid and it's in litigation than they parted happy and Baggett just don't feel like talking.
Apparently there is no story.
xrmark
6/8/2021 12:00pm
hartebreak wrote:
Mathess = real media, does the actuall work, is allowed in press conferences(feel like you need to have that to be a credible source), most successful radio show in the sport, has real insight to whatโ€™s happening on the inside of the sport

Cooksey = not allowed in press conferences, was fired for his ridiculous takes, has absolutely no real insight, his whole โ€œmedia channelโ€ is all ridiculous takes. And a douche.

Donโ€™t put mathess name next to cookseys lol
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
6/8/2021 12:08pm Edited Date/Time 6/8/2021 12:09pm
hartebreak wrote:
xrmark wrote:
Mathess = real media, does the actuall work, is allowed in press conferences(feel like you need to have that to be a credible source), most successful...
Mathess = real media, does the actuall work, is allowed in press conferences(feel like you need to have that to be a credible source), most successful radio show in the sport, has real insight to whatโ€™s happening on the inside of the sport

Cooksey = not allowed in press conferences, was fired for his ridiculous takes, has absolutely no real insight, his whole โ€œmedia channelโ€ is all ridiculous takes. And a douche.

Donโ€™t put mathess name next to cookseys lol
I agree on everything you said about Matthes, super stand up guy.
Say what you will about Cooksey. Yes, some of his stuff is a bit out there, but he is turning over stones that no one else in this sport is willing to even acknowledge exist.
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
6/8/2021 12:14pm
Anyone else remember the shit show that existed when everyone knew RV had done his last race in the US yet the media kept going along like he was lining up for round 1? It's hilarious how crazy the media embargo has become in this sport. I appreciate when people color outside the lines.
6/8/2021 12:19pm
He is the TMZ of moto. Stories with baseless facts and wild conclusions. Just a few weeks ago he was calling ZO16 a scumbag and a liar. What kind of โ€œjournalistโ€ does that?

As a fan I want the straight forward info and to get to know the racers better. One thing I donโ€™t like is so called โ€œjournalistsโ€ with YouTube channels talking shit about riders just based on their personal experience with them. Hell, if I was ZO16 I would probably be a dick and lie to โ€œclownseyโ€ media too LOL.

No wonder he got canned from WPS. Heโ€™s a loose cannon.
MelonFan123
6/8/2021 12:30pm
hartebreak wrote:
I agree on everything you said about Matthes, super stand up guy. Say what you will about Cooksey. Yes, some of his stuff is a bit...
Say what you will about Cooksey. Yes, some of his stuff is a bit out there, but he is turning over stones that no one else in this sport is willing to even acknowledge exist.
Cookesy ain't turning over stones. What he does is more like standing across the field, pointing at a stone and saying "i already know what's under there and its (insert dramatic, insinuating story here)"

I get the need for knowing the dark, salacious details of things. It's the reason media outlets like TMZ exist. People love it. But Cooksey and his clowns Hopper and Coach do all their talking with little to no facts or inside information. They take hearsay and run with it

Kooks
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4382nd
6/8/2021 1:07pm
1 Hopper & 1 Cooksey thread within 24hrs... when it rains it really pours.
xrmark
6/8/2021 1:16pm
hartebreak wrote:
I agree on everything you said about Matthes, super stand up guy. Say what you will about Cooksey. Yes, some of his stuff is a bit...
You canโ€™t be serious right?? Come on. Exactly what stones is he turning over?? He doesnโ€™t do any real reporting lol how can he possibly be turning over stones? You have to be at races and be allowed to talk to anyone before turning over a stone. Heโ€™s not allowed to do any of that and literally nobody in the pits will talk to him. So tell me how he is getting any of this information. Heโ€™s just talking and putting out wild takes for views. You canโ€™t seriously take this guy serious at all???
xrmark
6/8/2021 1:17pm
hartebreak wrote:
Anyone else remember the shit show that existed when everyone knew RV had done his last race in the US yet the media kept going along...
Anyone else remember the shit show that existed when everyone knew RV had done his last race in the US yet the media kept going along like he was lining up for round 1? It's hilarious how crazy the media embargo has become in this sport. I appreciate when people color outside the lines.
Except we all knew he was going to the GPโ€™s and and every piece of press alluded to that before he even signed. What are you even talking about.
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
6/8/2021 1:46pm
hartebreak wrote:
Anyone else remember the shit show that existed when everyone knew RV had done his last race in the US yet the media kept going along...
xrmark wrote:
Except we all knew he was going to the GPโ€™s and and every piece of press alluded to that before he even signed. What are you...
Except we all knew he was going to the GPโ€™s and and every piece of press alluded to that before he even signed. What are you even talking about.
I don't know what planet you were on but all "legacy" media outlets were saying he was lining up for the nationals. Only some of the more fringe reporters were like "nah, he is done". It wasn't till way late in the game until the GP thing was mentioned.
visser62
6/8/2021 2:02pm
hartebreak wrote:
On Racer X they said constantly during SX "I hear he's going to the GPs."
6/8/2021 2:07pm
Hartebreak = Clownsey/Kooksey/Batpoopcrazy Hype man
CivBars
6/8/2021 2:08pm
All these hate comms are so weak compared to what Pulp used to pull!
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
6/8/2021 2:39pm Edited Date/Time 6/8/2021 2:41pm
UpTiTe wrote:
McG194 wrote:
So, what is the story with Baggett? I would be more willing to believe that he hasn't been paid and it's in litigation than they parted...
Baggett is free to sign or ride with whoever will have him, if he wanted to.

There is no pending litigation.

APLMAN99
6/8/2021 2:49pm
Speaking of litigation/lawsuits and Baggett, whatever happened with this one exactly?

xrmark
6/8/2021 2:51pm
hartebreak wrote:
I don't know what planet you were on but all "legacy" media outlets were saying he was lining up for the nationals. Only some of the...
I don't know what planet you were on but all "legacy" media outlets were saying he was lining up for the nationals. Only some of the more fringe reporters were like "nah, he is done". It wasn't till way late in the game until the GP thing was mentioned.
Cookseys must have called up his 6 friends and got them to come on here ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ you must be new to the sport or got into after the RV gp thing. It was a known and done deal when supercross started lol we can group you right in with the cooksey clown show. Congrats.
xrmark
6/8/2021 2:52pm
CivBars wrote:
All these hate comms are so weak compared to what Pulp used to pull!
Report real news?? He was edgier back in the day Iโ€™ll give you that. But he was right...
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
6/8/2021 3:18pm
hartebreak wrote:
I don't know what planet you were on but all "legacy" media outlets were saying he was lining up for the nationals. Only some of the...
xrmark wrote:
Cookseys must have called up his 6 friends and got them to come on here ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ you must be new to the sport or got into...
Cookseys must have called up his 6 friends and got them to come on here ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ you must be new to the sport or got into after the RV gp thing. It was a known and done deal when supercross started lol we can group you right in with the cooksey clown show. Congrats.
If you were around, you would remember RV having a knee injury during SX in14. He and all his publicists were saying he was riding outdoors in 14. There were rumors in the sport that he wasn't going to race and he was getting his knee fixed. I think it was like the week of or maybe the week before the opener that it finally became "official" that he was out. It was like the worst kept secret ever, yet they all kept telling the same story even though they knew it was a lie. He then went to the GPs in 15. My whole point was everything is a fucking secret in our sport. No one asks the hard questions and no one answers the hard questions. Why the damned secrecy??
DC
6/8/2021 3:40pm Edited Date/Time 6/8/2021 3:46pm
hartebreak wrote:
xrmark wrote:
Except we all knew he was going to the GPโ€™s and and every piece of press alluded to that before he even signed. What are you...
hartebreak wrote:
Not quite... We knew something was up because he wasn't testing his outdoor bike, and we actually wrote before he clinched the '14 SX title something to the effect of 'Don't be surprised if Ryan decides to get that long-overdue knee surgery..." And then like clockwork, the Monday after SX ended, he posted he was headed to the doctor to get a scope... Hours later he announced he was out for the summer for surgery.

That said, I really thought he would come back to SX in '15, but he didn't. When he then announced MXGP I was a little surprised, but knew Monster Energy had been pulling some strings and made it worth his while. But he was truly over it already and it showed it his riding, with the exception of one moto in Thailand, and when he crashed in Trentino I immediately knew he was done-done. (I was standing there on the start straight next to the signaling area and you could feel the impact in your feet when he looped out.)

I didn't blame him one bit for what was a very smart business move, but I really wish that the pre-burned-out RV had went over instead because he was just a fraction of his fastest self, from a few years before... And man, he is so much happier and satisfied with life now than he was racing, it's crazy. He loves it more now than ever, but for much different reasons and rewards.

But yes, "legacy media" covered it. All the way to the end in Italy.

DC
Racer X

Post a reply to: Cooksey Media video

The Latest