Contracts ending in 2019

kb228
2/27/2019 2:24am
kb228 wrote:
I say 1 year because AC hasnt proven himself like he should have in the 250 class. The 1 year will allow AC to shoot his...
I say 1 year because AC hasnt proven himself like he should have in the 250 class. The 1 year will allow AC to shoot his shot and still allow kawi to sign forkner if it doesnt work out.

Please note, im a huge kawi fan, and eli ac and forkner are the guys i root for every time. Kawi has a tough choice between the 3 in the next few years. Joey hasnt done anything for kawi like the other 3 have. Thats why hes the odd one out even tho hes doing great as a rookie this year. Kawi is loyal to their riders and ac and forkner have been riding for kawi for a long time. Tomac has given kawi 2 titles and an ass load of 450 sx wins.

Believe me, i would love for kawi to field all 3 guys but someone is getting cut. I dont see them fielding 3 riders.
Looby321 wrote:
Dude, Forkner still has another year ATLEAST in the 250’s. It’s Savatgys first swing on the 450 and he’s doing very well this year. As far...
Dude, Forkner still has another year ATLEAST in the 250’s. It’s Savatgys first swing on the 450 and he’s doing very well this year. As far as Tomac goes, SX is where the money is and you can be God’s gift outdoors, but that doesn’t mean shit if you can’t secure SX titles.
I totally agree. But what happens if forkner gets both sx and the outdoor title and the 2020 sx title? Does kawi keep ac if ac doesnt get those titles? Theyre equally invested in both riders. Thats the stickler in the entire thing. If forkner didnt exist, AC would be signing a 2-3 year deal hands down no question.
Sully
2/27/2019 2:41am
BikeGuy321 wrote:
Bagget and Webb at Factory KTM? McElrath to RM KTM and Seely and Brayton to JGR?
kiwifan wrote:
I cant see Brayton leaving MCR, he loves the setup there...as might Seely
I could see Seeley at MCR, but who would he replace? The team seems really loyal to Friese, and Mookie started so well this year, that I’d bet they want to see what he can do (and I’m sure he digs the SX only schedule, too).
PRM31
2/27/2019 3:25am
I’m not so sure I’d let JS17 go for AC92. Joey was one turn from a 250 title. While he’s shown flashes of talent, AC has not exactly been a reliable contender.

My stretch prediction is KTM swings for the fence to get Eli.
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1957th
2/27/2019 3:45am
Forkner will be on the 250 at least one more year, wouldn't he point out if he won the championship this year and next or would he get another year to defend?

I can't imagine seeing AC on a Honda. I can't imagine Kawi letting all those years of development go down the tubes. I can certainly see AC and Forkner being the 450 team in 21 or 22!

The Shop

Question
2/27/2019 5:58am
kb228 wrote:
I say 1 year because AC hasnt proven himself like he should have in the 250 class. The 1 year will allow AC to shoot his...
I say 1 year because AC hasnt proven himself like he should have in the 250 class. The 1 year will allow AC to shoot his shot and still allow kawi to sign forkner if it doesnt work out.

Please note, im a huge kawi fan, and eli ac and forkner are the guys i root for every time. Kawi has a tough choice between the 3 in the next few years. Joey hasnt done anything for kawi like the other 3 have. Thats why hes the odd one out even tho hes doing great as a rookie this year. Kawi is loyal to their riders and ac and forkner have been riding for kawi for a long time. Tomac has given kawi 2 titles and an ass load of 450 sx wins.

Believe me, i would love for kawi to field all 3 guys but someone is getting cut. I dont see them fielding 3 riders.
Looby321 wrote:
Dude, Forkner still has another year ATLEAST in the 250’s. It’s Savatgys first swing on the 450 and he’s doing very well this year. As far...
Dude, Forkner still has another year ATLEAST in the 250’s. It’s Savatgys first swing on the 450 and he’s doing very well this year. As far as Tomac goes, SX is where the money is and you can be God’s gift outdoors, but that doesn’t mean shit if you can’t secure SX titles.
kb228 wrote:
I totally agree. But what happens if forkner gets both sx and the outdoor title and the 2020 sx title? Does kawi keep ac if ac...
I totally agree. But what happens if forkner gets both sx and the outdoor title and the 2020 sx title? Does kawi keep ac if ac doesnt get those titles? Theyre equally invested in both riders. Thats the stickler in the entire thing. If forkner didnt exist, AC would be signing a 2-3 year deal hands down no question.
I know AC has more fans so they think AC would outperform Savatgy in the 450 class, but just results based, I think Savatgy (and Forkner) delivered quite a bit more or the same so far whereas they were on the same equipment. That is why I think it won't be that easy for AC to get that 2nd spot at Kawi. I hope he lands somewhere good though, like they may be 2 to 4 spots not in 2020 but in 2021 if Brayton, Reed or for instance Musquin and Seely decide to retire. And who knows, maybe Tomac, Roczen or Barcia may also decide to call it a day too, we never know, RV & Dungey's retirements also came a bit as a shocker !
ML512
Fantasy
54th
2/27/2019 6:42am
BikeGuy321 wrote:
Bagget and Webb at Factory KTM? McElrath to RM KTM and Seely and Brayton to JGR?
kiwifan wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Brayton is signed through 2020.
I was told the MCR part of his deal was one year, the Honda portion is probably two years.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
2/27/2019 6:43am
PRM31 wrote:
I’m not so sure I’d let JS17 go for AC92. Joey was one turn from a 250 title. While he’s shown flashes of talent, AC has...
I’m not so sure I’d let JS17 go for AC92. Joey was one turn from a 250 title. While he’s shown flashes of talent, AC has not exactly been a reliable contender.

Eli would likely take a pay cut if he were to go to KTM...
PRM31
2/27/2019 7:08am
I don't think he'd leave Kawi for a pay cut. He'd never say of course, but I'd like to know what he really thinks about the Kawis. Happy enough I'm sure, but does he wonder if it could be better? Only he knows. My observation is KTM has shown they want to win and they've been willing to have two top guys on the team. Eli is about as close to a sure thing as there is right now, and if you want to sign someone new after '19 to win titles the next couple years, he's the price. I doubt Webb is making top tier money this year or next, and Marvin isn't there forever. Maybe things are aligning to make it fit. All conjecture on my part. I wonder where the budgets come together in the corporation and where Cairoli fits. He's not there for the long haul either and I'm not aware of any euros that would be signed to what I assume they are paying for Cairoli. As for kawi, if they really believe in AC92, signing him and keeping JS17 could turn out well.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3725th
2/27/2019 7:56am
drt410 wrote:
This vid sums up Tomac at his PRIME on the Honda. The winning by 1:15 over 2nd Tomac. The rider that Weege said may be the...
This vid sums up Tomac at his PRIME on the Honda. The winning by 1:15 over 2nd Tomac. The rider that Weege said may be the fastest anyone has ever gone in AMA motocross, which he agreed it may be, but he said look what happened its unsustainable. So he was riding at a speed you cant ride at.

The part where he jumps off a braking bump at the bottom of a hill at Glen helen, jumps up the hill, then in mid air turns sideways and lands in a berm going the other direction, shows the level of finesse he had on that damn Honda. Luckily they slowmo a lot of things so u can really see how technical he is riding... its insane... insane. Thank god they filmed this in slow mo.

https://youtu.be/sk5IbID2ta0

1:47 is MAGIC
WCRider wrote:
I watched this video so many times. His skill balance with outside leg is a beauty. Head and shoulders position are top, head all the time...
I watched this video so many times. His skill balance with outside leg is a beauty. Head and shoulders position are top, head all the time above the bars, elbows up ect. To me, it's perfection.

I liked his riding style more when he was on the Honda. I hadn’t realized it until watching that video again after some time has gone by. Maybe his stature has changed but he looks wider on the bike and a little less relaxed now. Maybe a bit more like he’s brawling with the bike where in those clips it seemed to float around beneath him.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
2/27/2019 9:38am
PRM31 wrote:
I’m not so sure I’d let JS17 go for AC92. Joey was one turn from a 250 title. While he’s shown flashes of talent, AC has...

Cianciarulo was 2 points away from the championship two years in a row!
RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
2/27/2019 9:48am
sgrimmxdad wrote:
Forkner will be on the 250 at least one more year, wouldn't he point out if he won the championship this year and next or would...
Forkner will be on the 250 at least one more year, wouldn't he point out if he won the championship this year and next or would he get another year to defend?

I can't imagine seeing AC on a Honda. I can't imagine Kawi letting all those years of development go down the tubes. I can certainly see AC and Forkner being the 450 team in 21 or 22!
If Forkner wins the title in 2019 and 2020, he would be forced to move up in 2021.

"A rider that wins a second 250SXChampionship will be eligible to participate in the 250SXclass for a maximum of three years total regardless of what year he/she won their second title."

A rider has to score at least 5 points for it to count as a season. 2019 is Forkner's third season.
PRM31
2/27/2019 10:06am
PRM31 wrote:

RichieW13 wrote:
True, and JS's performance was excellent in 250s and he has shown he can ride the 450 very well. Won a heat at Oakland and was at the front when bike broke. He's well into top 10 with any kind of decent finish. All I'm saying is I do not believe it is absolutely clear to pick AC over JS.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
2/27/2019 10:20am
PRM31 wrote:

RichieW13 wrote:
PRM31 wrote:
True, and JS's performance was excellent in 250s and he has shown he can ride the 450 very well. Won a heat at Oakland and was...
True, and JS's performance was excellent in 250s and he has shown he can ride the 450 very well. Won a heat at Oakland and was at the front when bike broke. He's well into top 10 with any kind of decent finish. All I'm saying is I do not believe it is absolutely clear to pick AC over JS.
Yeah, I agree with that. Savatgy has now proven that he belongs in the 450 class. Not everybody makes that transition.
web mx
2/27/2019 10:30am
I thought that in the pre season Racerx video's that weege said Hills deal while thought to have been 2 years was actually 3 meaning 2 years on 450 ?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
2/27/2019 10:43am Edited Date/Time 2/27/2019 10:44am
My predictions

Kawi:
Tomac
Savatgy

Honda:
Roczen
AC

Husky:
Ando
Zacho

KTM:
Marv
Webb

Yamaha:
AP
Barcia

JGR Suzuki:
Peick
Reed (SX Only if he doesn't retire)
Bogle

BTO KTM:
Baggett
Bloss

MCR Honda:
Seely
Brayton
Stewart

Now for my wild guesses that won't happen..
JGR picks up Roczen
Marv retires from the US and goes to GP's
KTM picks up AC
Honda keeps Seely and brings up JMart
Hill retires, makes more music and freerides with his brother in the hills of Oregon and So Cal
kiwifan
2/27/2019 10:43am
BikeGuy321 wrote:
KYFHO699
2/27/2019 12:31pm
PRM31 wrote:
One of the reasons I brought this up is, I don’t think Eli has looked consistently comfortable on the Kawi. Ever. He has moments of brilliance...
One of the reasons I brought this up is, I don’t think Eli has looked consistently comfortable on the Kawi. Ever. He has moments of brilliance to be sure, but I have a feeling he could gel with another bike even better.
I would love to see what Eli could do on the KTM!
jonesaustin
2/28/2019 3:08am
KYFHO699 wrote:
I would love to see what Eli could do on the KTM!
would prefer to see him on Husqvarna

Post a reply to: Contracts ending in 2019

The Latest