Connecticut town trying to ban dirtbikes

Related:
Create New Tag

2/5/2020 8:33 AM

Not sure if anyone here watches any of the Kaplan motorcycle museum videos on YouTube but this guy has a pretty awesome collection of motocross gold. The town nearby of South Windsor, CT is trying to impose a ban on the riding or starting of any dirtbike/atv/utv/snowmobile on public or private property. The first infraction is a $750 fine, 2nd infraction a $1000 fine, 3rd infraction is a $1500 fine and the fourth infraction will be seizure of your bike/etc and sold at public auction regardless if you owe on it or not. I’m a ways away from Connecticut but I figured this would be a good place to share this information. Show up and be heard if you can!

|

2/5/2020 8:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2020 8:36 AM

Yeah saw that on another site about the town, that sucks for sure. Re the videos, he has quite the collection of bikes over there. Haven't been there in person but the videos do show some cool stuff.

|

2/5/2020 8:41 AM

They .might as well ban all motorcycles with that kind of attitude. The ridiculous part about taking and selling someone's property lawyers would have a field day with that lawsuits against the city. Who's the hateful shrew that even imposed such a law.

|

2/5/2020 9:02 AM

Ken is one committed individual! Hat's off Sir!

|

2019 KTM 250 SX
2016 Husqvarna FC-450
2015 KTM 150 SX
2015 KTM 200 XC-W

2/5/2020 9:08 AM

I like that guy, well done!

|

2/5/2020 10:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2020 10:52 AM

I live one town over from where all this buillshit is going on.

Ken is a great guy. He has helped many in CT get their bikes back after they were stolen.

If this law passes you could actually get a ticket for plowing your driveway with your ATV. This state is so sad

|

2/5/2020 11:02 AM

|

2/5/2020 11:11 AM

My town tried that their lawyers intervened before they could pass a bs law.

|

2/5/2020 11:12 AM

Thanks for posting it. Many people on here may not give a shit because its not where they live but this is how it starts. If one town successfully does this it will follow to many others and in to other states.

|

2/5/2020 11:21 AM

Wow, what a load of gentleman plumbs ! I think everyone in that town should put a law forward to hang all corrupt, backhanded & nincompoop politicians.

|

2/5/2020 11:21 AM

bh wrote:

http://chng.it/BGjqMGFF8d

fourfourone wrote:

Thanks for posting it. Many people on here may not give a shit because its not where they live but this is how it starts. If one town successfully does this it will follow to many others and in to other states.

I don’t even understand how a town can outlaw something like a dirt bike on private property. Much lest a registered street legal motorcycle.

|

2/5/2020 11:25 AM

bh wrote:

http://chng.it/BGjqMGFF8d

fourfourone wrote:

bh wrote:

I don’t even understand how a town can outlaw something like a dirt bike on private property. Much lest a registered street legal motorcycle.

Its not for registered motorcycles. Its targeted towards dirt bikes, quads and ATV's Pretty much the stuff in CT you cannont register.

|

2/5/2020 11:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2020 11:38 AM

Well everyone should street legal their bikes and piss on their little party. Can you imagine? 20 street legal 450's with FMF mega bombs up and down the street. LOL. Bet you could show up at their little town meeting and do some negotiating then.

|

2/5/2020 11:37 AM

walleyeguy wrote:

Well everyone should street legal their bikes and piss on their little party. Can you imagine? 20 street legal 450's with FMF mega bombs up and down the street. LOL. Bet you could show up at their little town meeting and do some negotiating then.

Cant register dirt bikes in CT unless you complete convert them for road use and have it inspected.

|

2/5/2020 12:07 PM

Most people probably dont know the ct laws for kids racing. Isnt it like under 12 cant race motoctoss?

|

2/5/2020 12:51 PM

Man, between this and the VA gun laws, how do you guys live on the East Coast?

Have you ever played this game? try the Tsar Bomb..
https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

|

2/5/2020 1:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2020 2:09 PM

|

“Men, we are surrounded by the enemy. We have the greatest opportunity ever presented an army. We can attack in any direction.”
― General Anthony McAuliffe, 101st Airborne, while addressing troops at Bastogne during the Battle
of the Bulge.

2/5/2020 2:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2020 2:48 PM

Probable thought bubble from some of my favorite members here -

...Effing California assholes want to ban everything!!!!!

- wait, where is this happening? oh, never mind....

|

2/5/2020 10:29 PM

dedi684 wrote:

Most people probably dont know the ct laws for kids racing. Isnt it like under 12 cant race motoctoss?

Not sure if it still is but it used to be a while ago.

|

2/5/2020 10:42 PM

Brent wrote:

Probable thought bubble from some of my favorite members here -

...Effing California assholes want to ban everything!!!!!

- wait, where is this happening? oh, never mind....

not a whole lot of difference between east and west coast when it comes to this kinda stuff. smile

|

2/6/2020 3:51 AM

This is in the same area where Mototown USA used to be, the old badass indoor moto and flat track, place was absolutely incredible...then the roof collapsed from snow, so they decided to just rebuild the track outside the building. Well it only lasted a short time before the town shot them down for “noise” even tho it’s right next to a highway. This state sucks really bad for dirtbikes, mostly any of the spots I ride are completely illegal

|

2/6/2020 4:42 AM

walleyeguy wrote:

fourfourone wrote:

Cant register dirt bikes in CT unless you complete convert them for road use and have it inspected.

KTM and Husky are sold with a "motorcycle" title not a "competition" title. Get the signal kit and you should be good to go.

|

2/6/2020 5:05 AM

dedi684 wrote:

backinthesaddleagain wrote:

Yeah no kids classes at central village races still

|

2/6/2020 5:21 AM

Meanwhile, out in California...

|

2/6/2020 5:26 AM

It is shocking to me that they want to carry this ban onto Private property as well.

|

2/6/2020 5:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/6/2020 5:50 AM

walleyeguy wrote:

fourfourone wrote:

walleyeguy wrote:

KTM and Husky are sold with a "motorcycle" title not a "competition" title. Get the signal kit and you should be good to go.

Still doesn't cover all the other brands. Moto ktm and husky owners are not going to want to install signals on their bikes.

|

2/6/2020 5:46 AM

slipdog wrote:

Meanwhile, out in California...

Meanwhile everywhere

|

2/6/2020 5:52 AM

dedi684 wrote:

It's till the rule afaik, it was actually 16 up until around 1998ish and you couldn't start a bike before noon on a Sunday. CT and Mass are in a competition to see who can hate on motorcycles more. Meanwhile fish cops in RI are shooting at people riding dirtbikes, trying to throw their hat in the ring.

|

2/6/2020 5:55 AM

troymoto2 wrote:

It's till the rule afaik, it was actually 16 up until around 1998ish and you couldn't start a bike before noon on a Sunday. CT and Mass are in a competition to see who can hate on motorcycles more. Meanwhile fish cops in RI are shooting at people riding dirtbikes, trying to throw their hat in the ring.

I wonder what ever happened to the park ranger who shot at the rider?? Nothing more in the news.

|

2/6/2020 5:57 AM

troymoto2 wrote:

I wonder what ever happened to the park ranger who shot at the rider?? Nothing more in the news.

My guess is a paid vacation.

|