Congratulations to Mariana Balbi

Bauer
8/22/2010 3:59pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 9:49am
Balbi scored the first GP points ever by a woman in the MX1 class today, and she did it in her home country, going 20-20 and earning two World Championship points. Whoops, looks like she earned one point last year, also.

Quite an accomplishment, and I've always been a big fan of the FIM series, but it does beg the question: Can anyone see her doing the same thing at an AMA National? I seriously doubt it. The depth of the field at the GPs right now appears to be a bit thin...

With Cairoli and Philippaerts out, the MXoN is certainly not looking like as great a race as I'd hoped.
|
Team Euro
8/22/2010 4:03pm Edited Date/Time 8/22/2010 4:04pm
Bauer wrote:
Balbi scored the first GP points ever by a woman in the MX1 class today, and she did it in her home country, going 20-20 and...
Balbi scored the first GP points ever by a woman in the MX1 class today, and she did it in her home country, going 20-20 and earning two World Championship points. Whoops, looks like she earned one point last year, also.

Quite an accomplishment, and I've always been a big fan of the FIM series, but it does beg the question: Can anyone see her doing the same thing at an AMA National? I seriously doubt it. The depth of the field at the GPs right now appears to be a bit thin...

With Cairoli and Philippaerts out, the MXoN is certainly not looking like as great a race as I'd hoped.
Wrong... She scored points last year ...get you facts straight and don't lay your ignorance out for all to see, just .....Just think ..a woman scored more GP points than most AMA riders did at the USGP...
DownSouth
8/22/2010 4:04pm
Balbi scored points last year in Brazil also.
Sunhouse
8/22/2010 4:05pm
Can´t wait for Van Horebeek to enter the womens championship. If they can, so can we, right?
Bauer
8/22/2010 4:32pm
Bauer wrote:
Balbi scored the first GP points ever by a woman in the MX1 class today, and she did it in her home country, going 20-20 and...

Team Euro wrote:
Wrong... She scored points last year ...get you facts straight and don't lay your ignorance out for all to see, just .....Just think ..a woman scored...
Wrong... She scored points last year ...get you facts straight and don't lay your ignorance out for all to see, just .....Just think ..a woman scored more GP points than most AMA riders did at the USGP...
Try reading past the first line of my post, dipshit. If you had read the second sentence before trying to be a tough guy, you would have seen that I corrected myself and acknowledged the ONE POINT she earned in 2009. WRONG

So you want to get the "facts straight"? You said she "scored points last year", which she did not do...she scored A POINT, not plural. WRONG.

Also, she did not "score more GP points than most AMA riders did at the USGP". There were ten Americans that raced the USGP and five of them scored at least two points. WRONG.

If I took your lame statement literally, you would be even more wrong, since Townley and Langston are also "AMA riders", though not American. But since you were already WRONG about EVERYTHING you said, I guess you couldn't be more wrong than you already were.

So I guess that makes you the ignorant cocksucker here, doesn't it? It's a rhetorical question, no need to answer.

The Shop

Bauer
8/22/2010 4:33pm
DownSouth wrote:
Balbi scored points last year in Brazil also.
Please refer to my response to Team Eurotrash...
Team Euro
8/22/2010 4:37pm
She scored more points than half of the AMA riders,{Townley rides with a AUS Fed. license}
Huckster
8/22/2010 4:39pm Edited Date/Time 8/22/2010 4:45pm
Did she ever win a WMX event?

Pretty sure a few of those AMA riders never scored a AMA point either....
abn166
8/22/2010 5:29pm
Bauer wrote:

Team Euro wrote:
Wrong... She scored points last year ...get you facts straight and don't lay your ignorance out for all to see, just .....Just think ..a woman scored...
you should be embarrassed that she was able to score points in a world championship round. i guarantee that she couldn't do that here in a national. you leave steve bauer alone, he is a speedway legend and he was honored last night for being one! or at least they allowed him in the stadium.
chrisbuehler
8/22/2010 5:42pm
Bauer wrote:

20th by a women in the AMA 450 class? Let me say, um NO EFFIN WAY! Doubt she would even qualify
8/22/2010 5:46pm
Bauer wrote:

Team Euro wrote:
wow....ur a bitter SOB lol....y?
DL
8/22/2010 5:55pm
Congrats to her...... cool deal regardless of the haters.
Bauer
8/22/2010 6:24pm
abn166 wrote:
you should be embarrassed that she was able to score points in a world championship round. i guarantee that she couldn't do that here in a...
you should be embarrassed that she was able to score points in a world championship round. i guarantee that she couldn't do that here in a national. you leave steve bauer alone, he is a speedway legend and he was honored last night for being one! or at least they allowed him in the stadium.
LOL, Andy! Hey, you looked pretty good out there on the bike...nice paint on the helmet, too! Yeah, they sent me the invite to do the autograph thing, but even I know that one thing I'm not is a speedway legend!

Didn't see you around after, though...
ML512
Fantasy
36th
8/22/2010 6:35pm
She had never ridden a yamaha 450 until this race too Wink Congrats sis Cool
jeffro503
8/22/2010 6:39pm
Bauer wrote:

Team Euro wrote:
Bauer wrote:
Try reading past the first line of my post, dipshit. If you had read the second sentence before trying to be a tough guy, you would...
Try reading past the first line of my post, dipshit. If you had read the second sentence before trying to be a tough guy, you would have seen that I corrected myself and acknowledged the ONE POINT she earned in 2009. WRONG

So you want to get the "facts straight"? You said she "scored points last year", which she did not do...she scored A POINT, not plural. WRONG.

Also, she did not "score more GP points than most AMA riders did at the USGP". There were ten Americans that raced the USGP and five of them scored at least two points. WRONG.

If I took your lame statement literally, you would be even more wrong, since Townley and Langston are also "AMA riders", though not American. But since you were already WRONG about EVERYTHING you said, I guess you couldn't be more wrong than you already were.

So I guess that makes you the ignorant cocksucker here, doesn't it? It's a rhetorical question, no need to answer.
HAHA!!....You tell em' Bauer! The guy is a fucking loud mouth prick anyways!
f4ctry
8/22/2010 6:44pm
Team Euro wrote:
She scored more points than half of the AMA riders,{Townley rides with a AUS Fed. license}
No he doesnt....you need to get your facts right.

I bet she wouldnt score points if she raced in Europe....
Team Euro
8/22/2010 6:56pm
Team Euro wrote:
f4ctry wrote:
No he doesnt....you need to get your facts right.

I bet she wouldnt score points if she raced in Europe....
Oh Shit..me bad, very bad..I meant MNZ..Josh is going to kill me..sorry Ben ..
500guy
8/22/2010 8:04pm
DL wrote:
Congrats to her...... cool deal regardless of the haters.
X2

Mariana is cool she doesn't think she's going to start racing GP's or Nationals with the Men any time soon.
She rides better then a lot of the other Brazilian guy's I watched swapping out all over the place.
HuskyEd
8/22/2010 8:49pm
Good for Mariana.

Stood next to her for the start of the second MX1 moto at the USGP. Couldn't have been a nicer person and is a beautiful woman too.
cider racer
8/23/2010 12:34am
Bauer wrote:

Yes weldone Miss Balbi.
But she would never get a point outside of Brazil. Only 10 regular Gp riders started race 2 ! Hince why you think the field is thin. Everyone else who finished behind her were all DNF's apart from 1. As long as you had the cash to pay for entery you could of scored a Gp point yesterday !

Lets not forget a 44 year old who hasn't raced full time for 3 - 4 years finished 3rd overall at Southwick last year and at one point was chasing down Goerke for the race win in the second race !! Depth not so good there either.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
8/23/2010 2:15am
From the MXA website:

MOTOCROSS GRAND PRIX OF BRAZIL RESULTS: THIS RACE NEEDS TO BE FIXED OR DROPPED

Local 450 talent: Antonio Balbi was the fastest of the 450cc South American riders, but he was still eight seconds a lap slower than the fastest rider (and five seconds a lap slower than Jimmy Albertson, who was the slowest of the GP regulars to complete all the laps). Balbi was lapped, as were all the South Americans. There was one rider at the Brazilian GP who was 43 seconds a lap slower than Philippaerts or Cairoli in the first moto. That meant that he was lapped once every 2-1/2 laps. Mariana Balbi earned GP points for the second straight year. At a true-to-life GP this would have been a significant moment in motocross history (for a women to earn Grand Prix points), but coming from the Brazilian Grand Prix it is meaningless. Mariana finished 20th in both motos, but she was three laps down in both motos and if she hadn't been there the guy who was 43 seconds a lap slower per lap would have earned GP points.
Huckster
8/23/2010 5:43am
Yes weldone Miss Balbi. But she would never get a point outside of Brazil. Only 10 regular Gp riders started race 2 ! Hince why you...

Yes weldone Miss Balbi.
But she would never get a point outside of Brazil. Only 10 regular Gp riders started race 2 ! Hince why you think the field is thin. Everyone else who finished behind her were all DNF's apart from 1. As long as you had the cash to pay for entery you could of scored a Gp point yesterday !

Lets not forget a 44 year old who hasn't raced full time for 3 - 4 years finished 3rd overall at Southwick last year and at one point was chasing down Goerke for the race win in the second race !! Depth not so good there either.
dude you obviously never have seen John Dowd ride Southwick or you would have never made a comment like that.
8/23/2010 6:09am Edited Date/Time 8/23/2010 6:14am
Yes weldone Miss Balbi. But she would never get a point outside of Brazil. Only 10 regular Gp riders started race 2 ! Hince why you...

Yes weldone Miss Balbi.

Huckster wrote:
dude you obviously never have seen John Dowd ride Southwick or you would have never made a comment like that.
It's true that John Dowd does haul in the sand (and round Southwick) but really, as a 44 year old veteran does he have any buisiness beating guys like Hahn, Regal and Short? Or rather do they have any business losing to him, sand or no sand, Southwick or no Southwick?

He just wouldn't be able to do that over here. Though to be fair, many of the top Europeans do have a special affinity with the sand.

Not that I'm putting the Nationals down or anything, your guys are very fast. I think the Lites Nationals or whatever you wanna call it, is more competitive than our MX2 world championship. But I think bar Dungey, we have more quality MX1 guys right now though with Pourcel, villipoto and James coming back, that could change very soon.
Huckster
8/23/2010 7:08am
It's true that John Dowd does haul in the sand (and round Southwick) but really, as a 44 year old veteran does he have any buisiness...
It's true that John Dowd does haul in the sand (and round Southwick) but really, as a 44 year old veteran does he have any buisiness beating guys like Hahn, Regal and Short? Or rather do they have any business losing to him, sand or no sand, Southwick or no Southwick?

He just wouldn't be able to do that over here. Though to be fair, many of the top Europeans do have a special affinity with the sand.

Not that I'm putting the Nationals down or anything, your guys are very fast. I think the Lites Nationals or whatever you wanna call it, is more competitive than our MX2 world championship. But I think bar Dungey, we have more quality MX1 guys right now though with Pourcel, villipoto and James coming back, that could change very soon.
in "theory", no, but you probably have never seen John Dowd ride southwick either....
jamma10
8/23/2010 7:20am Edited Date/Time 8/23/2010 7:21am
It's true that John Dowd does haul in the sand (and round Southwick) but really, as a 44 year old veteran does he have any buisiness...

Huckster wrote:
in "theory", no, but you probably have never seen John Dowd ride southwick either....
And neither has Mariana Balbi raced an AMA national with a heavily depleted field and a handful of Brazilians either... so the whole thread is speculative, no matter whose 'side' you're on.
Huckster
8/23/2010 7:24am Edited Date/Time 8/23/2010 7:26am
what is speculative about her racing the Brazilian GP yesterday and scoring 2 points?

I cant for see any situation where there will be a national and only 24 people will show up, of which only 10 will be regular competitors of the series. That is speculating of course....
jamma10
8/23/2010 7:38am Edited Date/Time 8/23/2010 7:39am
Huckster wrote:
what is speculative about her racing the Brazilian GP yesterday and scoring 2 points? I cant for see any situation where there will be a national...
what is speculative about her racing the Brazilian GP yesterday and scoring 2 points?

I cant for see any situation where there will be a national and only 24 people will show up, of which only 10 will be regular competitors of the series. That is speculating of course....
And why is that? Because the US Nationals visit just 12 tracks that are all based in America. The late edition of Pala on the outdoor calendar did not have anywhere near the same ramifications for the US teams as the last minute introduction of a USGP for the GP teams.
Ing
8/23/2010 7:42am
Good job Miss Balbi. Hell with the naysayers. I'll bet you'd smoke 90% of their asses also.

Post a reply to: Congratulations to Mariana Balbi

The Latest