Congratulations on shortening the motos.

McG194
Edited Date/Time 9/2/2022 8:27am
You've just opened yourself up to a huge lawsuit and for all intents and purposes pled guilty. *

Anytime an organization makes a decision it needs to look at the big picture and all possible eventualities.

God forbid if someone heatstrokes out or has a major issue that rider's family now has solid grounds for a lawsuit. They have all but admitted that conditions make it unsafe to race and by shortening the motos they have given any ambulance chasing lawyer in the country everything they need.

* Note: I do not agree with suing over this, but I do know scumbag lawyers exist and I would not want them coming after my organization. If you think I'm being a bit too much on this go ask for a super hot coffee at McDonalds.
|
ando
9/1/2022 1:51pm
So it’s either full length races or nothing at all?

The clowns are coming out of the woodwork over this decision…
McG194
9/1/2022 1:55pm
ando wrote:

EAD

How am I a clown for thinking about the ramifications of a decision. You've obviously never been in a position in an organization where your decisions ever mattered.
ando
9/1/2022 1:59pm
ando wrote:

McG194 wrote:
EAD How am I a clown for thinking about the ramifications of a decision. You've obviously never been in a position in an organization where your...
EAD

How am I a clown for thinking about the ramifications of a decision. You've obviously never been in a position in an organization where your decisions ever mattered.
Well you’d be very wrong with that assumption.

The Shop

FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
9/1/2022 2:09pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2022 2:10pm
I'm sure they have great insurance.
I wonder if they run these decisions by their insurance company first... or how that all works?
Anyone know?
McG194
9/1/2022 2:20pm
FastEddy wrote:
I wonder if they run these decisions by their insurance company first... or how that all works?
Anyone know?
In this litigious society it's a legit concern.
Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
9/1/2022 2:31pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2022 2:33pm
McG194 wrote:
You've just opened yourself up to a huge lawsuit and for all intents and purposes pled guilty. * Anytime an organization makes a decision it needs...
You've just opened yourself up to a huge lawsuit and for all intents and purposes pled guilty. *

Anytime an organization makes a decision it needs to look at the big picture and all possible eventualities.

God forbid if someone heatstrokes out or has a major issue that rider's family now has solid grounds for a lawsuit. They have all but admitted that conditions make it unsafe to race and by shortening the motos they have given any ambulance chasing lawyer in the country everything they need.

* Note: I do not agree with suing over this, but I do know scumbag lawyers exist and I would not want them coming after my organization. If you think I'm being a bit too much on this go ask for a super hot coffee at McDonalds.
I love when the McDonalds coffee story comes up. (this is not a slam on you OP)

There is much more to the story that most never heard.

https://www.caoc.org/?pg=facts

I'm all for personal responsibility and totally against frivolous lawsuits....but in this case, McDonalds was in the wrong and un-repentant about it.
USA
Fantasy
428th
9/1/2022 2:35pm
You come up with some of the worst takes and that has to take some effort on your part. I think you just like throwing temper tantrums when people don't agree with your opinions.

When Lichtle died, there was a lawsuit against every party they could drum up. The promoter makes a change to prevent this and you believe that opens them up to more trouble?

How about: it shows they took preventative measures and altered a program that has been in place for 40 years? There's always going to be lawsuits when shit hits the fan. Race promoters are doing everything in their power to ensure a safe event for everybody.

They would have less of a case against a lawsuit if they did nothing and ran the races like they were scheduled. Now they have a clear line of communication and actions taken to alleviate the potential issues.

LungButter
9/1/2022 2:41pm
McG194 wrote:
EAD How am I a clown for thinking about the ramifications of a decision. You've obviously never been in a position in an organization where your...
EAD

Bro, you must be like super important and stuff. Super happy for you.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
9/1/2022 2:43pm
FastEddy wrote:
Anyone know?
McG194 wrote:
In this litigious society it's a legit concern.
I understand your point on that.
I just wonder if the insurance companies have any say in these type of decisions.
Cygrace74
9/1/2022 2:51pm
Every post you have is negative and sucks ass, shut the fuck up
9/1/2022 2:53pm
FastEddy wrote:
Anyone know?
I’m an insurance broker for world class clients and the amount of exclusions in their policies are insane. I’m certain they run all decisions by their broker first. Fun fact, our agency brokers the insurance for many of the top Moto companies.

I am certain that their legal counsel, risk management team and insurance carriers have drafted a precise waiver for athletes to sign and release of liability arising out of the engagement of the sport.
Rotaholic
9/1/2022 2:57pm
So glad I don't live in America, it comes down to personal responsibility. If you don't feel it's safe to race in that heat, don't line up 🤷‍♂️
clarkgray432
Fantasy
3993rd
9/1/2022 2:58pm
You and Sloan must just sit at your computers all day waiting for any reason to make up some smooth brain thread ha
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
9/1/2022 2:58pm
I’m an insurance broker for world class clients and the amount of exclusions in their policies are insane. I’m certain they run all decisions by their...
I’m an insurance broker for world class clients and the amount of exclusions in their policies are insane. I’m certain they run all decisions by their broker first. Fun fact, our agency brokers the insurance for many of the top Moto companies.

I am certain that their legal counsel, risk management team and insurance carriers have drafted a precise waiver for athletes to sign and release of liability arising out of the engagement of the sport.
Thank you for the info.
Good post!
McG194
9/1/2022 3:09pm
USA wrote:
You come up with some of the worst takes and that has to take some effort on your part. I think you just like throwing temper...
You come up with some of the worst takes and that has to take some effort on your part. I think you just like throwing temper tantrums when people don't agree with your opinions.

When Lichtle died, there was a lawsuit against every party they could drum up. The promoter makes a change to prevent this and you believe that opens them up to more trouble?

How about: it shows they took preventative measures and altered a program that has been in place for 40 years? There's always going to be lawsuits when shit hits the fan. Race promoters are doing everything in their power to ensure a safe event for everybody.

They would have less of a case against a lawsuit if they did nothing and ran the races like they were scheduled. Now they have a clear line of communication and actions taken to alleviate the potential issues.

There is no temper tantrum being thrown, I don't care who agrees with me or doesn't agree with me. If you notice a lot of my posts I don't give my true opinion. I personally think it sucks that there were so many suits when Lichtle died, you agree to compete and you are agreeing that you physically can withstand the conditions you will be put under. I just brought up the fact that by admitting there could be a problem they could be accused of willful negligence (they didn't do enough) while if they didn't do anything there is potential for plausible deniability.

As far as bad takes sometimes you are just bullshitting and it's nothing more than that. I'd say that I'm on point way more than I'm not. I made another post about changing it to a night race and I took the education that Pala was more spread out than I thought and that it really didn't cool down as fast as it does in Florida. Others had a better idea of running first thing in the morning.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
9/1/2022 3:16pm
McG194 wrote:
There is no temper tantrum being thrown, I don't care who agrees with me or doesn't agree with me. If you notice a lot of my...
There is no temper tantrum being thrown, I don't care who agrees with me or doesn't agree with me. If you notice a lot of my posts I don't give my true opinion. I personally think it sucks that there were so many suits when Lichtle died, you agree to compete and you are agreeing that you physically can withstand the conditions you will be put under. I just brought up the fact that by admitting there could be a problem they could be accused of willful negligence (they didn't do enough) while if they didn't do anything there is potential for plausible deniability.

As far as bad takes sometimes you are just bullshitting and it's nothing more than that. I'd say that I'm on point way more than I'm not. I made another post about changing it to a night race and I took the education that Pala was more spread out than I thought and that it really didn't cool down as fast as it does in Florida. Others had a better idea of running first thing in the morning.
Some night nationals would be great to see though. Smile
McG194
9/1/2022 3:17pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2022 3:24pm
Cygrace74 wrote:
Every post you have is negative and sucks ass, shut the fuck up
You hate me and I don't know who you are. Thanks for the free rent in your head.

Really dude, somewhere in the world another guy thinks someone may get sued and you need to freak out and drop f bombs. You may need to talk to someone.
McG194
9/1/2022 3:18pm
FastEddy wrote:
Anyone know?
I’m an insurance broker for world class clients and the amount of exclusions in their policies are insane. I’m certain they run all decisions by their...

Thanks for shedding some factual knowledge on the subject.
MotoCoUSA
9/1/2022 3:20pm
No one is being forced to line up, if you feel it’s dangerous don’t go. Pretty simple.
500 Mike
9/1/2022 3:20pm
The CEO for MX Sports is a lawyer.....
9/1/2022 3:29pm
FastEddy wrote:
Anyone know?

McG194 wrote:
Thanks for shedding some factual knowledge on the subject.
No worries, I primarily work with large hospitals who often put together community events and I’ve seen exclusions be put in place prior to the date of the event.
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
638th
9/1/2022 7:48pm
Good luck suing these track owners…
Mit12
9/1/2022 8:03pm
Why not ask the two riders that are locked in a series long battle separated by just 1 point? I guess MXSports knows better than the racers. If either rider gets a bad start and are catching the other at the end of the shortened moto, this move will go down as the worst decision made in possibly the greatest season in the sports history. What sport does this? Amateur move guys! I hope that the rider that wins this championship wins by a large enough margin to squash any doubt about this decision.
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
638th
9/1/2022 8:21pm
Mit12 wrote:
Why not ask the two riders that are locked in a series long battle separated by just 1 point? I guess MXSports knows better than the...
Why not ask the two riders that are locked in a series long battle separated by just 1 point? I guess MXSports knows better than the racers. If either rider gets a bad start and are catching the other at the end of the shortened moto, this move will go down as the worst decision made in possibly the greatest season in the sports history. What sport does this? Amateur move guys! I hope that the rider that wins this championship wins by a large enough margin to squash any doubt about this decision.
They did.
Mit12
9/1/2022 8:33pm
Mit12 wrote:
Why not ask the two riders that are locked in a series long battle separated by just 1 point? I guess MXSports knows better than the...
SLAPAHO wrote:
They did.
I would think that if this were true the headline would have been, after asking the riders the decision was made to shorten the races to 25+2 due to the extreme weather forecasted at Paula this weekend.
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
638th
9/1/2022 8:40pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2022 12:05am
Mit12 wrote:
SLAPAHO wrote:
They did.
Mit12 wrote:
I would think that if this were true the headline would have been, after asking the riders the decision was made to shorten the races to...
I would think that if this were true the headline would have been, after asking the riders the decision was made to shorten the races to 25+2 due to the extreme weather forecasted at Paula this weekend.
Per Pulp yesterday. Honda and Star are both onboard with the shorter races . Or so I read on Vital
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
9/1/2022 8:46pm
McG194 wrote:
You've just opened yourself up to a huge lawsuit and for all intents and purposes pled guilty. * Anytime an organization makes a decision it needs...

Sound reasoning and logic are not your strong suit eh?

No one is forcing these guys to race. If a rider thinks it’s un safe no one is forcing them to race.

Good luck coming up with your next idiotic topic.

Post a reply to: Congratulations on shortening the motos.

The Latest