Congratulations Eli Tomac 2020 SX champion

walleyeguy
3/12/2020 12:24pm
My college professor years ago said the worst terrorist attack would be finding a way to shut down the public school system. Scary.
Spat24
Fantasy
618th
3/12/2020 12:41pm
RandyS wrote:
Guess Roczen gets one last chance this weekend, I didn't take into account that Feld already had possession of the stadium and a track built. The...
Guess Roczen gets one last chance this weekend, I didn't take into account that Feld already had possession of the stadium and a track built. The loss this weekend running a race with no butts in the seats is probably not much different than cancelling completely. I can't see them being able to run another race with spectators until all clear has been given, that will be months. Who would have guessed that Roczens best friend would be Webb, Tomac and Roczen are both teammate less.
If they are able to race this weekend - it may be the last SX this season. knowing this - it will be an all out duel to the end.
Should be interesting.
mulletman
3/12/2020 12:50pm
walleyeguy wrote:
My college professor years ago said the worst terrorist attack would be finding a way to shut down the public school system. Scary.
Lol yeah I can think of things much scarier than kids missing out on public education
Mit12
3/12/2020 1:44pm
Corona Virus shortened season is the only way Tomac or Roczen can win a SX championship.

The Shop

3/12/2020 3:12pm
But seriously, what happens if this Coronavirus hysteria doesn't get under control and they have to cancel more races/end the season? Would the current points leader...
But seriously, what happens if this Coronavirus hysteria doesn't get under control and they have to cancel more races/end the season? Would the current points leader be the champion?
Carry it / points over to next year, it wouldn't be fair to call it now
ATKpilot99
3/12/2020 3:16pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2020 3:17pm
toroP wrote:
The ncaa has said they’d have the tournament with no spectators. I bet the whole thing gets called off. Conference tourney games are being postponed.
The NCAA tournament has been canceled.
Narwhal
3/12/2020 3:26pm
Mit12 wrote:
Corona Virus shortened season is the only way Tomac or Roczen can win a SX championship.
...big coop fan I’m assuming?
Mr. Info
3/12/2020 3:38pm
Guy B or ML512 should have the inside info.
ts.p311
3/12/2020 3:48pm
I get having the asterisk if the season is shortened, just to note that it was shortened, and why. However no one should hold it against the person who wins. Everyone in the series will have had the opportunity to have raced every race that the champ did, therefore I feel the champ still earned it by being the best and earning the most points. Definitely shouldn't be held against or thrown in the champs face though, this wasn't their decision.
RandyS
3/12/2020 3:58pm
Only fitting that I was maybe the first one online to call it since I said Tomac would never be Supercross champion. What kind of sauce goes good with crow. NO *.
3/12/2020 4:01pm
Careful now....the poo-flinging-monkeys will lynch you for talk like that.

But agreed... this will never be a real championship in my book.
jemcee
3/12/2020 4:04pm
MPJC wrote:
If there is an asterisk on Tomac's title (if indeed that is what happens), the question is: So what? It's not like an asterisk due to...
If there is an asterisk on Tomac's title (if indeed that is what happens), the question is: So what? It's not like an asterisk due to steroid use or something else that he did wrong. If it's simply to inform people who look up the information in the future that the season was shortened, then that is simply stating a fact and not necessarily saying something bad about the champion.

Could the outdoor series should be fine if there is less risk of virus transmission outdoors where people aren't packed into seating areas with close contact?
Exactly!

*couldn't hold all the rounds due to the corona virus = out of his control was in the points lead so he was champion

*some riders that others think were faster were not in the series for whatever reason = ridiculous! Shut up ya dickheads
ktmdan
3/12/2020 4:05pm
settle it at MEC that would be epic
TDeath21
3/12/2020 4:17pm
Supercross is the big money maker. I would not be surprised one bit if the AMA worked something out to where they finish out the SX season (albeit shortened) and drastically shorten the MX series. MX starting around early July. Hit the iconic rounds for a 6ish round series and that’s that.

It truly would not be fair to end it this way. Nobody’s fault. But Roczen clicks it up a notch for sure if that’s a win and championship ride. Tomac does too but the point is Daytona is raced completely different if they knew that was the last round. Ending it and declaring a champion wouldn’t be right. I think they’ve gotta at least have a few more rounds.

Thing is a 10 round SX series would be fine with me and then implement an MX series where we see the best from both sides of the pond consistently competing against one another. But only if they knew it was 10 going in. Stopping it mid series would not be right or fair.
mofomotojoe
3/12/2020 5:13pm
Anyone remembers what brand of beer Eli and Kenny were chugging last year?
ky_savage
Fantasy
500th
3/12/2020 5:52pm
walleyeguy wrote:
mulletman wrote:
Lol yeah I can think of things much scarier than kids missing out on public education
When kids miss school, some parents have to miss work. Some may even miss pay for the days they’re home with the child. Less money on a paycheck means less spent in the community. It’s just a snowball effect.
Mit12
3/12/2020 5:59pm
Narwhal wrote:
...big coop fan I’m assuming?
Both Roczen and Tomac have never been able to get it done.
ky_savage
Fantasy
500th
3/12/2020 6:00pm
Mit12 wrote:
Both Roczen and Tomac have never been able to get it done.
They’re both getting it done right now.
Momus
3/12/2020 6:18pm
Mit12 wrote:
How do you reason that?
Mit12
3/12/2020 6:23pm
Mit12 wrote:
Momus wrote:
How do you reason that?
How many 450 SX championships do they have? They could not beat RV or Dungey. Anderson won after Dungey retired and Webb after that. Not a slam just facts.
Ozy
3/12/2020 6:36pm
Falcon wrote:
However many races were run, that is the number. They cannot go by "what if" or "could have." They can only go by the number of...
However many races were run, that is the number. They cannot go by "what if" or "could have." They can only go by the number of races run so far. If we do not see another Supercross this season, then Eli is the Champ.

However this works out, I feel sorry for the guy who becomes champion. This season will always have a stigma attached to it due to the cancelled race, one way or another.
I'm not sure tho. when you say Tim Duncan - NBA Champion do you think asterisk?

the only people who will raise the * issue are the die hard fans who rider didn't win it
plowboy
3/12/2020 6:52pm
FFS...if the season is over then of course the current points leader is the winner. There should also be an asterisk that says, "shortened season". Is this not true in both circumstances? Forget your fanboy bs...facts are facts. As I say this, I realize some folks no longer believe that fact equals truth. Just because this situation sucks and you don't like it doesn't make it fake or bullshit. If there is no more racing this year...Eli Tomac is the champ. He earned that by leading in points when the season ended. Not his fault the season ended prematurely.
dkurtd
3/12/2020 7:48pm
COORS LIGHT
CivBars
3/12/2020 8:44pm
Not Corona
roninho
3/13/2020 3:16am
But seriously, what happens if this Coronavirus hysteria doesn't get under control and they have to cancel more races/end the season? Would the current points leader...
But seriously, what happens if this Coronavirus hysteria doesn't get under control and they have to cancel more races/end the season? Would the current points leader be the champion?
I'm guessing most OEMs will not agree. Why would KTM want this when Musquin is out of contention right away for example. And that doesnt even include the issues with guys moving teams.

Not saying this isnt a fair solution, just not expecting it to happen.
3/13/2020 3:21am
Yeah , I hadn't thought of that

Perhaps they could still use the 2020 trophy and have a 2021 one also, by using the points combined and separate for respective years??
Momus
3/13/2020 3:27am Edited Date/Time 3/13/2020 3:30am
Mit12 wrote:
Momus wrote:
How do you reason that?
Mit12 wrote:
How many 450 SX championships do they have? They could not beat RV or Dungey. Anderson won after Dungey retired and Webb after that. Not a...
How many 450 SX championships do they have? They could not beat RV or Dungey. Anderson won after Dungey retired and Webb after that. Not a slam just facts.
It's not even a fact, maybe a factoid because both of those riders shat the bed and retired early: perhaps so they wouldn't be beaten?

Post a reply to: Congratulations Eli Tomac 2020 SX champion

The Latest