Congrats to a fellow moto rider who won NYS lottery!

Related:
Create New Tag

11/14/2017 1:57 PM

Colton Harrison a longtime and very fast Upstate NY expert rider won a million bucks on a $5 scratch off! Very cool to see a fellow moto dude win it big. Wanted to give him a shout out and figured vital could also use a little positivity during the off-season... instead of threads bitching about Ronnie Mac or about Chad Reed not signing # plates haha. Oh and Coltons reply to what he would do with the cash..."buy a new dirt bike" ! Kick ass Colton you deserve it kid

Photo

|

11/14/2017 2:29 PM

Waiting on the "So I opened my wallet" thread! grin

Congrats, that's awesome.

|

11/14/2017 2:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/14/2017 2:36 PM

Awesome! Congrats to him. If I had won that million, id probably have a 2018 YZ450, an FC450 and an FC350 in the garage tongue

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

11/14/2017 2:41 PM

sweet!

those Carhartt beanies are only $10, i figure he could buy one to match every shirt he owns instead of just that one

|

11/14/2017 2:45 PM

Congrats!. Let him know I have a nice 08 crf450 for sale.

What does he end up with after all fees $300,000?

|

"Who cares about what other people think"

11/14/2017 2:47 PM

Now he has the money to buy some land and open up a track!!!

|

11/14/2017 3:43 PM

pmshortt2 wrote:

That sounds like a very quick way to throw away 100,000. I like it.

|

11/14/2017 3:59 PM

Maybe he can buy land a make a track for his fellow upstate NY riders.

|

11/14/2017 4:07 PM

pmshortt2 wrote:

nascarnate326 wrote:

More like $200,000-$300,000

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

11/14/2017 4:10 PM

After taxes, he should bank about $604,000. Enough for a smart fella to augment an income and live out the rest of his days in pretty reasonable fashion.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

11/14/2017 4:19 PM

plowboy wrote:

After taxes, he should bank about $604,000. Enough for a smart fella to augment an income and live out the rest of his days in pretty reasonable fashion.

Like cutting grass at the local golf corse stoned on some budds creek!

|

11/14/2017 4:25 PM

Good news for that guy, although I always thought that particular sum would be the worst amount to win.

Win $10M and you can retire, right now, and live a really, really nice life.
Win $100,000 and you can throw one hell of a party, or invest well, or live debt-free until your early retirement if you use it wisely.

The $Mil is just enough to tempt you into spending like a rock star, but not enough to retire on. Still, I wouldn't turn it down!

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

11/14/2017 4:29 PM

Congrats to him, what's up with that chicks arm?!

|

11/14/2017 4:36 PM

plowboy wrote:

Markee wrote:

Like cutting grass at the local golf corse stoned on some budds creek!

Lol, I was thinking more of buying a real nice fixer upper property and working at home depot for employee discounts. If you are handy life could be sweet on 600k. Trouble is most people aren't that smart, I guess.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

11/14/2017 4:36 PM

Falcon wrote:

Good news for that guy, although I always thought that particular sum would be the worst amount to win.

Win $100,000 and you can throw one hell of a party, or invest well, or live debt-free until your early retirement if you use it wisely.

The $Mil is just enough to tempt you into spending like a rock star, but not enough to retire on. Still, I wouldn't turn it down!

Too true.

|

11/14/2017 4:40 PM

Did he make more than Marvin at the MEC?

|

11/14/2017 4:43 PM

Bruce372 wrote:

Did he make more than Marvin at the MEC?

I'm not sure if Marvin even had the "lump sum" option.

|

11/14/2017 4:55 PM

Myke wrote:

Congrats!. Let him know I have a nice 08 crf450 for sale.

What does he end up with after all fees $300,000?

He chose the lump sum option. After taxes the interview said just under $530,000. He's a good dude and a hell of a rider. Turned expert really young at like 14 and would regularly run up front.

|

11/14/2017 4:58 PM

I remember former pro Travis Preston also won the California lottery back in the day. I forget the amount but it was a decent amount as well

|

11/14/2017 5:12 PM

Falcon wrote:

Depends how old you are I guess. But with a million you can have a pretty cushy life. Pay the house off, pay off the odds and ends and life would be really comfortable.

Some people need to wake up and do something everyday in order to feel like they have a purpose. A million dollars would allow you to continue to work full time or part time depending on the type of life you want. It would definitely allow you to have more freedom and a lot less stress. A family could survive on 1 income. Wife/girlfriend could stay at home with the kids. A lot more upside than downside to a million dollars.

That said a million isn't all that much today but if you're smart with it, it can go a long way. Just don't go all rock star because you'll go broke in no time.

I'm curious to know, why are lottery winnings taxed in the US? Up here you'd be taxed on the interest you earn and that's it. So a million dollars would be exactly that not 600k. That extra 400k in the bank would make a big difference for anyone.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

11/14/2017 5:38 PM

pmshortt2 wrote:

nascarnate326 wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

More like $200,000-$300,000

He will get way more than that. Around $650K after taxes. Unless he takes lump sum. Not sure how that works

|

11/14/2017 5:43 PM

Falcon wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Depends how old you are I guess. But with a million you can have a pretty cushy life. Pay the house off, pay off the odds and ends and life would be really comfortable.

Some people need to wake up and do something everyday in order to feel like they have a purpose. A million dollars would allow you to continue to work full time or part time depending on the type of life you want. It would definitely allow you to have more freedom and a lot less stress. A family could survive on 1 income. Wife/girlfriend could stay at home with the kids. A lot more upside than downside to a million dollars.

That said a million isn't all that much today but if you're smart with it, it can go a long way. Just don't go all rock star because you'll go broke in no time.

I'm curious to know, why are lottery winnings taxed in the US? Up here you'd be taxed on the interest you earn and that's it. So a million dollars would be exactly that not 600k. That extra 400k in the bank would make a big difference for anyone.

My inlaws are Canadian & they tell me the same thing.

|

11/14/2017 5:45 PM

That is awesome to hear! I hope Colton makes good use of that money.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

11/14/2017 6:26 PM

He should start a team for the first three races with barcia

|

A 350 is always the solution.
My favorite time of year is when the biblical rains come to Southern California

11/14/2017 6:31 PM

MichaelAndrew93 wrote:

He should start a team for the first three races with barcia

Nah he needs to use this money to get a hold of Malcom and stew whistling w00t w00t

|

11/14/2017 8:26 PM

90smoto wrote:

I remember former pro Travis Preston also won the California lottery back in the day. I forget the amount but it was a decent amount as well

I think it was only $10-$15k? But it was enough to get him a bike then eventually back on a team. It’s a Really cool story.

|

11/14/2017 8:32 PM

Who says privateteers cant make any money.

|

11/14/2017 9:21 PM

kinda crazy but I worked with a guy that won the 453 million dollar lottery and ended up with 193 after taxes..but from Lafayette Indiana.

|

IG @jaredkeller96

11/14/2017 9:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/14/2017 9:43 PM

Falcon wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

For a young guy, $1M = $30K per year. 3% income is the rule of thumb, anything more and you risk cutting into your investment and start reducing your pile.

Between federal (39.5%?), state (6.8%?), etc, the just over $500K number sounds realistic.

So that's only about $15K in income a year if you want to use it for lifetime income.

I think I'd probably get debt free and then spend whatever I had left over from the first $100K on some fun stuff, then stick the remaining $400K into some investments for retirement, even if it wouldn't all be "qualified" money. Try to retire a few years earlier.

|

11/14/2017 9:59 PM

aeffertz wrote:

Waiting on the "So I opened my wallet" thread! grin

Congrats, that's awesome.

dude i thought i was crazy for thinking what’s up with all the “opened my wallet” threads. evidently there has been multiple threads

|