Congrats to Colt Nichols!

Related:
Create New Tag

1/30/2016 11:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/30/2016 11:11 PM

I know he had a little help but he is riding with confidence. Classic number(69!), probably had to steal it away while previous owner drinkin' a PBR.

Conrgrats to a good kid from a good family. He is truly an Okie from Muskogee!

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

1/30/2016 11:09 PM

I beat you by about 2 seconds bud. But, congrats to Colt!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

1/31/2016 9:46 AM

I am soooo impressed with this kid. I heard him on the PulpMX show (I think it was) and he's so well-spoken; he sounds like a really nice kid.

I was watching him in practice and he looks so fluid and fast. Unlike many of his peers, he doesn't seem to look sketch or make big mistakes.

If I were Mitch or Ziggy, I'd have him on speed dial and would have already bought a gift basket for Christina Denny to say "Sorry" for stealing him next year.

|

1/31/2016 9:49 AM

So pumped for him. w00t w00t w00t

|

Contact Me

Instagram (@gdawson243)

Snapchat: gdawson2

1/31/2016 9:51 AM

Badass dude. Gonna be taking home a plate next year.

|

1/31/2016 10:01 AM

Mini Elsinore wrote:

Lets not get carried away.....

I'm impressed with his results so far, along with how he's carrying himself. Time will tell if he's going to end up with any "plates", but I hope he can. There were a few people on this board saying the same thing about Zachary Bell, but that isn't working out so well these days !

|

1/31/2016 10:26 AM

I'm ashamed to admit but where did that dude came from? When I saw him riding during the heat races, I noticed he was going really fast (did all the top contender move's / flow) ... Congrats on a second place! Well deserved

|

"Ryan Dungey will always wonder how he can be a better son, brother, partner and racer. Because if you are satisfied, you will never be able to dream" ~ Troy Adamitis

1/31/2016 10:38 AM

Most Improved Rider

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

1/31/2016 10:42 AM

I didnt know who #69 Nichols even is but man he was looking great from first laps of practice like he always been
top 3 rider! Great to see new guys coming up strong.

|

1/31/2016 10:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/31/2016 10:44 AM

Very impressive!

|

1/31/2016 11:44 AM

KlootZak wrote:

I'm ashamed to admit but where did that dude came from? When I saw him riding during the heat races, I noticed he was going really fast (did all the top contender move's / flow) ... Congrats on a second place! Well deserved

He really is from Muskogee, OK. He had a pretty good amatuer career, Team Green etc. He and his family are just quiet, down to earth people that really just didnt make any noise during his amatuer days. Bogle and Colt are close in age and both, along with Marquier, Forkner, Canard have all ridden and trained with Reynard. So he really didnt come out of nowhere, just a quiet demeanor that just really didnt make waves. BTW, he was incredible on a super mini.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

2/1/2016 6:43 AM

I do not know Colt Nichols personally, but since I am also from Oklahoma I have had the pleasure of watching him ride from 65s until now. I have always been amazed of how smooth he is on a bike; reminds me of Reynard. I know Colt rides with Robbie a lot, so it makes sense that his style mimics that of Robbie's. However, what I am most impressed with is Colt's speaking ability. I first noticed this in his AX interviews a few years ago. This past year at Reynard Raceway they had a benefit ride for wounded vets. Colt was the auctioneer and was able to get the crowd involved and helped raise a lot of money. It's just nice to see a rider who is fast, but also a rider who comes off to the general public as an educated individual (same with Dungey, Canard, Short). With the rise of social media it seems like kids nowadays cannot speak in complete sentences or they use slang for everything. I look forward to hearing Colt in many more podium interviews. Here is a link to his instagram post where he describes his weekend and properly thanks his support crew https://www.instagram.com/p/BBOmhCMHfHt/ (sorry don't know how to embed).

|

2/1/2016 6:48 AM

Funny how well spoken Trey, Top Jimmy, Nichols, and Bogle are. All from the same area. Must have had some good schooling/parents.

|

2/1/2016 6:56 AM

Mini Elsinore wrote:

langhammx wrote:

I'm impressed with his results so far, along with how he's carrying himself. Time will tell if he's going to end up with any "plates", but I hope he can. There were a few people on this board saying the same thing about Zachary Bell, but that isn't working out so well these days !

Gotta visualize the reality you want!
I can see it..... wink

|

2/1/2016 7:45 AM

Star Racing Next Year!

|

2/1/2016 9:11 AM

sesker15 wrote:

Star Racing Next Year!

Are you asking or speculating?

|

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

2/1/2016 9:14 AM

kzizok wrote:

Are you asking or speculating?

Just my guess! Two spots will be open.

|

2/1/2016 9:15 AM

sesker15 wrote:

Just my guess! Two spots will be open.

You're right. Probably be a good fit.

|

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

2/1/2016 9:28 AM

Mini Elsinore wrote:

langhammx wrote:

The people saying bell was going to win titles after watching him crash every race he entered were also big Stewart and Pastrana fans

|

2/1/2016 9:35 AM

I thought it was pretty nuts his best finish before this was 10th and he ended up with a 2nd

I bet his heart rate was over 180 those last couple of lap.. pumped for the guy.

|

"Life is Too Short To Last Long"

2/1/2016 3:55 PM

This kid has a bright future, and if he gets there, a really good head on his shoulders to maintain it. I talked to him for the first time in Oakland, and I was super impressed with how well spoken and humble he comes off. If you want, you can check out my conversation with Colt in Oakland here.

|

2/1/2016 4:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2016 4:06 PM

Mini Elsinore wrote:

langhammx wrote:

Gringoe wrote:

The people saying bell was going to win titles after watching him crash every race he entered were also big Stewart and Pastrana fans

Great point !

I really shouldn't of compared the two of them. I was only trying to keep the expectations down to a minimum for the kid.I can see him (Nicoks) making a name for himself, he sure did speak well ion camera and his riding spoke for its self.

|

2/3/2016 8:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/3/2016 8:49 PM

Crisp BRAAAP! wrote:

I am soooo impressed with this kid. I heard him on the PulpMX show (I think it was) and he's so well-spoken; he sounds like a really nice kid.

I was watching him in practice and he looks so fluid and fast. Unlike many of his peers, he doesn't seem to look sketch or make big mistakes.

If I were Mitch or Ziggy, I'd have him on speed dial and would have already bought a gift basket for Christina Denny to say "Sorry" for stealing him next year.

Just curious why would he leave?

|

2/3/2016 8:55 PM

Shawn_Smith wrote:

Just curious why would he leave?

A bit better equipment and more pay.

|

2/12/2016 7:55 AM

Great article and again illustrates Colt's speaking ability and humbleness. Excited to see what he can do this weekend.

http://motocross.transworld.net/news/colt-nichols-rise/#qI2SZHiL5o7CXrJK.97

|

2/12/2016 7:58 AM

DanDunes818 wrote:

This kid has a bright future, and if he gets there, a really good head on his shoulders to maintain it. I talked to him for the first time in Oakland, and I was super impressed with how well spoken and humble he comes off. If you want, you can check out my conversation with Colt in Oakland here.

Did you really interview him in Oakland, or just say you were there but did the interview from home?

|

2/12/2016 8:42 AM

DanDunes818 wrote:

Firefly47 wrote:

Did you really interview him in Oakland, or just say you were there but did the interview from home?

probably about the same odds that firefly is your first or only user name

|

2/12/2016 8:43 AM

DanDunes818 wrote:

Firefly47 wrote:

Trav138 wrote:

probably about the same odds that firefly is your first or only user name

27th.

|