Congrats to Aussie SX promoters

warrnum
Edited Date/Time 12/2/2015 1:48am
article- motoonline

MA fining Robbie Marshall:
Midway through Saturday night’s SX1 main event, freestyle rider and talented racer Robbie Marshall had the crowd in fits when he threw a back flip over the 65ft finish-line jump, followed by a lazy-boy the next time round. While Marshall won over a shed load of fans with his antics, Motorcycling Australia were less than amused and handed the Queenslander a $600 fine for his efforts. We’ve heard that the promoters actually paid the fine out of their own wallets, seeing as the viral reaction and attention Marshall’s tricks received was well worth the price of the fine. As a bit of a one-finger salute to the officials, Robbie again spun a flip at the end of Sunday night’s main.

AND

The promoters:
We’re starting to run out of superlatives for how good a job the AME Management crew did. For a first-ever attempt at running a high-profile supercross, the polished performance and organisation of both nights was just stunning. Everything ran like clockwork, the extra additions such as the fly-by lane, the steel finish-line up-ramp, the FMX Best Trick contest and the head-to-head RC vs. Reed battle all took the event to a whole new level. The team spearheaded by Ryan Sanderson and Adam Bailey proved many critics wrong and not only did they turn around a dire situation (with the James Stewart debacle) around, but the event was actually much better for it. We’re already hanging out for the 2016 edition.
|
warrnum
12/2/2015 12:44am
People who sold their tickets:

If you’re one of the poor buggers who sold your tickets when James Stewart pulled out, we really do feel for you because you missed out on witnessing Australian racing history. It’s not often the withdrawal of such a high-profile racer actually makes an event stronger, but that’s precisely what happened when Ricky Carmichael and Cooper Webb were flown in last-minute to bolster the star-power of the SX1 class. To see Dan Reardon, Chad Reed and Webb go hammer-and-tongs all weekend was something no-one will forget any time soon
Willy722
12/2/2015 1:02am
Wish I had the cash to fly out to this event and watch! Will be trying to do so next year for sure!
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
12/2/2015 1:26am
Willy722 wrote:
Wish I had the cash to fly out to this event and watch! Will be trying to do so next year for sure!
Me to!
tobz
12/2/2015 1:48am
warrnum wrote:
People who sold their tickets: If you’re one of the poor buggers who sold your tickets when James Stewart pulled out, we really do feel for...
People who sold their tickets:

If you’re one of the poor buggers who sold your tickets when James Stewart pulled out, we really do feel for you because you missed out on witnessing Australian racing history. It’s not often the withdrawal of such a high-profile racer actually makes an event stronger, but that’s precisely what happened when Ricky Carmichael and Cooper Webb were flown in last-minute to bolster the star-power of the SX1 class. To see Dan Reardon, Chad Reed and Webb go hammer-and-tongs all weekend was something no-one will forget any time soon
Bit frustrating that they couldn't secure rc sooner, then I would of planned to get there. I'd fly I across the country to see charmichael, but js7, not so much. Certainly was a great bonus for people who had already invested in going.

Post a reply to: Congrats to Aussie SX promoters

The Latest