Congrats ML512!

yz133rider
Edited Date/Time 6/6/2018 3:20pm
Looks like you bottomed some a-kit!

|
slipdog
6/5/2018 8:32pm
I've loaded the page 3x, the picture shows up when it loads then disappears 5 sec later. WTF Chuck?
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
6/5/2018 8:40pm Edited Date/Time 6/5/2018 8:41pm
slipdog wrote:
I've loaded the page 3x, the picture shows up when it loads then disappears 5 sec later. WTF Chuck?
Same thing's happening to me.

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
45th
6/5/2018 8:44pm
As I published that article, I literally knew someone would say this...but I didn’t expect a full blown topic. Laughing
yz133rider
6/5/2018 8:44pm
Its happening to me too. Are we being censored by the vital gods? More of that media blackout ive heard about!
yz133rider
6/5/2018 8:46pm
ML512 wrote:
As I published that article, I literally knew someone would say this...but I didn’t expect a full blown topic. Laughing
I dont normally get into these types of topics lol. But it was staring right at me every time clicked on the home page. It needed to be done lol
Lightning78
6/5/2018 9:19pm
Sooooo lemme get this straight.....at full rip which I know wasn't paid for the parts on this bike, I was curious what the mods cost since I saw a lot of dollars here.... $10,698 on top of a $9,000 dirtbike???? That's absurd! I mean I get the point behind the bike to show the parts but God dam!!!

I had an 05 CRF450 I bought from the ex Fox rep Warren Johnson back in early 06 with a similar engine package from Tokyo mods and absolutely hated the bike....it was a top fuel dragster that was torquey and "easy to ride" but not fun to ride. It had Diamond Kit suspension on it and that shit was butter. The bike was overwhelming to ride I ended up selling the bike and bought a near brand new stock 05 CRF450 And put the exhaust and suspension on it and the bike was world's better in stock form. One thing I took away from the article is why put that much ponies into a bike only to tame it down??? I get the easier to ride part but I'm sure the goal could've been accomplished with a lot less engine work but I'm no EFI programming wizard so I could be wrong.

I will say this, that rebound bumper does sound intriguing though....it just seems like this project bike was WAAAAAY OVERKILL or am I on an island of one here?
6/5/2018 9:53pm
yz133rider wrote:
Looks like you bottomed some a-kit! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/06/05/266201/s1200_s1600_Rocketperformancecrf450rA_895972.jpg[/img]
Looks like you bottomed some a-kit!

MXA must have pulled the pictures with the A-Kit
ML512
Fantasy
45th
6/5/2018 10:02pm
Sooooo lemme get this straight.....at full rip which I know wasn't paid for the parts on this bike, I was curious what the mods cost since...
Sooooo lemme get this straight.....at full rip which I know wasn't paid for the parts on this bike, I was curious what the mods cost since I saw a lot of dollars here.... $10,698 on top of a $9,000 dirtbike???? That's absurd! I mean I get the point behind the bike to show the parts but God dam!!!

I had an 05 CRF450 I bought from the ex Fox rep Warren Johnson back in early 06 with a similar engine package from Tokyo mods and absolutely hated the bike....it was a top fuel dragster that was torquey and "easy to ride" but not fun to ride. It had Diamond Kit suspension on it and that shit was butter. The bike was overwhelming to ride I ended up selling the bike and bought a near brand new stock 05 CRF450 And put the exhaust and suspension on it and the bike was world's better in stock form. One thing I took away from the article is why put that much ponies into a bike only to tame it down??? I get the easier to ride part but I'm sure the goal could've been accomplished with a lot less engine work but I'm no EFI programming wizard so I could be wrong.

I will say this, that rebound bumper does sound intriguing though....it just seems like this project bike was WAAAAAY OVERKILL or am I on an island of one here?
Sometimes we do cheap builds sometimes we do badass builds. And we didn't build this one to be fair, it was supplied.

It's control-able but puts it down when needed, just like the majority of factory bikes I've ridden as of the EFI era.
Huckster
6/6/2018 3:29am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2018 3:35am
Sooooo lemme get this straight.....at full rip which I know wasn't paid for the parts on this bike, I was curious what the mods cost since...

Sorry to hijack but What's Warren up to these days? For that matter, does anyone know what Scott Taylor is doing? The old Fox crew. Good times.
kb228
6/6/2018 3:33am
Give me that a-kit. My fat ass will bottom it on every 4 foot jump
ML512
Fantasy
45th
6/6/2018 6:35am
Huckster wrote:
Sorry to hijack but What's Warren up to these days? For that matter, does anyone know what Scott Taylor is doing? The old Fox crew. Good...
Sorry to hijack but What's Warren up to these days? For that matter, does anyone know what Scott Taylor is doing? The old Fox crew. Good times.
WJ just moved back to SoCal actually. He went from Fox to TLD, then over to LifeProof, then he moved back to Georgia to work for the parent company of Textron (I think that was it) and has been working for EVS for about a year now. He literally just moved back West a few weeks ago.
bvm111
6/6/2018 6:45am

Wow... you are right stock bikes are way better than tricked out ones. I bet you hate factory bikes and never look at Pit Bits on here to see all the cool factory unobtainium!

ML512
Fantasy
45th
6/6/2018 9:42am
enketchum wrote:
Looks like he bottomed because he OJd
Nope, heavy braking on a downhill with a small roller at the bottom. If you look I'm braking.
fullfloater
Fantasy
10th
6/6/2018 10:32am
Bit off topic but the gear looks cool. Fly has come a long way!
gsxr6
6/6/2018 3:20pm
Fenders aren't even touching lol

Post a reply to: Congrats ML512!

The Latest