Congrats Justin Barcia

Related:
Create New Tag

1/17/2021 5:38 AM

Very solid ride on a new bike. He didn't just win, but held strong against constant pressure from a very game Ken Roczen.

This track somehow made for a boring race, which is odd since there were multiple good lines in many corners, and a couple options in 2 of the rhythm lanes. I hope they throw more things at the design in the future, like deep sand corners and joker lane-type ideas to help shake things up.

|

1/17/2021 5:54 AM

Barcia looked great.

|

MXPawPaw on Facebook

@mxpawpaw on instagram

1/17/2021 6:02 AM

Jeremy McGrath and Justin Barcia. The only three to win the first round three times in a row. Impressive. Would be great to see him in the title fight all season.

|

1/17/2021 6:26 AM

I can’t believe he won on an all new bike. Pretty impressive that company was able to pull that off! Not even cannondale could do that

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

1/17/2021 6:36 AM

What an impressive debut for Justin and Gas Gas. Whatever they’re paying him this year, it’d say he’s already earned every penny of it!

|

1/17/2021 6:41 AM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

I can’t believe he won on an all new bike. Pretty impressive that company was able to pull that off! Not even cannondale could do that

Photo
|

1/17/2021 6:49 AM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote: Photo

What do you mean ??? Diffey personally welcomed the new Spanish manufacturer . Very impressive !!!

|

1/17/2021 6:52 AM

If some had never even heard of the GasGas brand...they sure have now! The kind of marketing Justin Barcia did with the win yesterday, is priceless.

|

1/17/2021 6:59 AM

Was pumped to see him get that win.
Justin looked really solid and comfortable on that bike, love to see him getting some more W's.

|

1/17/2021 7:23 AM

davistld01 wrote:

If some had never even heard of the GasGas brand...they sure have now! The kind of marketing Justin Barcia did with the win yesterday, is priceless.

My wife was like wtf is gasgas???? She doesnt like the name either.....

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

1/17/2021 7:34 AM

It ain't going to look good for Yamaha if Barcia wins more rounds...whistling

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

1/17/2021 7:36 AM

Boomslang wrote:

Won’t look good for Bam if he goes back to 5-7 either.

I hope he doesn’t, a feelin it Bam is what this sport needs

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

1/17/2021 7:43 AM

Boomslang wrote:

To be fair, it wouldn't exactly mean it's the bike, but the management not knowing/allowing them to do certain things with it.

I mean, it was the first race for Star Racing and all 3 of their riders finished in the top 10. One new to the bike, one's a rookie to the class coming off an injury just a short while ago, and AP who is on record saying it's already a better bike than what he rode the past 2 years.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

1/17/2021 7:50 AM

Gas Gas : the name makes sense to us euros, but I get it that it doesn't to the yanks.

Would be like us calling it petrol petrol 🤷‍♀️

Was pleased for him, the sport needs barcia and these outcomes, makes it more interesting

|

1/17/2021 8:02 AM

The buzz with customers has been pretty solid. They are selling good but everything is selling right now. The best part is name recognition is growing. I had GG before the transfer to KTM and it was a hard sell. This acquisition is different than Husqvarna in that the original GG core business was trials and that production facility, staff, engineers, and other workers is still intact in Spain. Most of the Euro trials mfgs saw the KTM off road success and wanted in on that growing business and some have had more success than others. Beta being the most successful but it drained the old GG company and led to their demise. It gives KTM an instant path into the trials business just like Honda did and still does with Montesa. My hope is that all this can help grow the trials business in the US. What happened last night sure didn't hurt. Now if you go to any GG dealership you will see a trials bike on the floor. I would wager that the vast majority of MX and off road riders in the US have never seen a trials bike up close.

|

1/17/2021 8:07 AM

I am/was a big fan of GASGAS, before the KTM buyout. I guess I should just go buy a Rieju MR300. The '18-'19 GASGAS Enduro models are as good as any bike out there, in their class. I was hoping they would retain a little of their individuality, like KYB suspenders, etc. All while knowing that it would never happen... And that they would take what they know and make it the new GASGAS.

And it worked. Barcia has been very complimentary to the bike for sure, and we'll see how it goes as the tracks and dirt changes. Over the last few years, I think it's widely accepted that the Yamaha has had a narrower setup window and it was fast if you were in it, but a handful if you weren't. I think Star will keep them closer to the window and that's good for us fans. More riders every week that can win.

Barcia has said the GASGAS is very forgiving and he has full confidence in it. He said coming up short doesn't hurt as much and it's going to allow him to hang it out a little more. How can that be bad for racing? It wasn't bad last night, that's for sure.

Congratulations Justin Barcia and GASGAS Racing!

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

1/17/2021 8:07 AM

"Now if you go to any GG dealership you will see a trials bike on the floor. I would wager that the vast majority of MX and off road riders in the US have never seen a trials bike up close."

Yep that has already happened at our local Husky and now GasGas dealer.smile

|

1/17/2021 8:17 AM

JB looked great, love seeing guys feeling the flow and enjoying the beauty of our sport.

|

1/17/2021 8:21 AM

And just like that KTM put Gas Gas on the map. Hope Barcia has a good solid full season. Congrats!!!

|

1/17/2021 8:40 AM

Talisker wrote:

And just like that KTM put Gas Gas on the map. Hope Barcia has a good solid full season. Congrats!!!

Yep. I’m telling you it’s gone from 2 months ago, what’s a GasGas to now, I want one.

|

1/17/2021 9:01 AM

To hold that lead under Roczen's pressure, Nerves of steel and fitness on point!

|

1/17/2021 9:03 AM

Barcia was a beast. Very impressive ride. Looked great on that bike. Dude is a gamer.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

1/17/2021 9:10 AM

Justin channeled James a little last night imho. The quad into the corner all night and then switching up and jumping into the whoops mid way through was really impressive. This is the Barcia we want to see on a regular basis!

|

1/17/2021 9:12 AM

Im curious if Barcia will give the same level of respect back to Roczen if he is pressing Kenny for a pass. Seemed like there were a few chances in the same corner Kenny could have rode Barcia wide or made a block pass with a bit of contact. Looked like good clean racing a respect between the two riders.

|

1/17/2021 9:15 AM

I think Justin just likes his bike better. It sounds like he was having fun riding it way before H1.

|

Great ride. I think most people think he will fade away and isn’t really a title threat, based on what he’s done before after winning the opener, but this feels a bit different to me. If he continues starting like he did last night, he could definitely be a contender

|

Yes congrats, hopefully he can stay up front and in the title chase.

|

1/17/2021 9:16 AM

Honestly, a Barcia championship wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

1/17/2021 9:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2021 9:25 AM

motomike137 wrote:

Justin channeled James a little last night imho. The quad into the corner all night and then switching up and jumping into the whoops mid way through was really impressive. This is the Barcia we want to see on a regular basis!

Did barcia start jumping into the whoops first or Kenny?

|

1/17/2021 9:30 AM

Great ride by BamBam! What a race to put GasGas on the Map. Couldn’t go any better for everyone involved.

He got 2 killer starts out off the gate, if he can keep those starts up all season and be more consistent results/bike wise on the rounds where he normally struggled, he will be in the mix for the title.

|