Congrats Chris Alldredge

Texas Built
5/18/2019 10:15pm Edited Date/Time 5/21/2019 11:58am
Qualified #33 on the KTM 250 2-smoke beating out 41 other entries. #32 in Moto 1 and looks like DNS in Moto 2 for whatever reason.

I wish more privateers would give the 2 smoke a shot. What do they have to lose? Might actually ride better. Rumor was Cody Williams was supposed to ride a 125 but I dont see him listed. Maybe backed out after it turned into a mudder?
|
SEMAC
5/19/2019 8:15am
Man, Just go ride or race or what ever you do on your two stroke, i am 62, rode ringers since I was 15,in 2007 bought my first thumper,and never looked back, two stroke are past tense
5/19/2019 8:18am
SEMAC wrote:
Man, Just go ride or race or what ever you do on your two stroke, i am 62, rode ringers since I was 15,in 2007 bought...
Man, Just go ride or race or what ever you do on your two stroke, i am 62, rode ringers since I was 15,in 2007 bought my first thumper,and never looked back, two stroke are past tense
Frankly that's your opinion. 2 Strokes have a purpose. I frankly wouldn't be riding if there were no 2 stroke options. I just dont want to dish that kind of money out to maintain a 4 stroke. I have more important things to put my money towards like my childs education.
JM485
5/19/2019 8:18am
His story is pretty damn cool, most guys who lose their factory ride just give up and quit, but he's out there just having fun doing things his own way and doing it pretty damn well! He got a lot of cheers when he came around each lap, people respect the effort on the smoker no doubt about it. Not just old guys either, everyone I was with were stoked on it to.
crowe176
5/19/2019 8:23am
Factories should have higher contingency for 2 strokes. Sell some bikes, privateer money and less riders for factory guys to worry about going into the first turn with.

The Shop

cbuehler767
5/19/2019 8:25am
SEMAC wrote:
Man, Just go ride or race or what ever you do on your two stroke, i am 62, rode ringers since I was 15,in 2007 bought...
Frankly that's your opinion. 2 Strokes have a purpose. I frankly wouldn't be riding if there were no 2 stroke options. I just dont want to...
Frankly that's your opinion. 2 Strokes have a purpose. I frankly wouldn't be riding if there were no 2 stroke options. I just dont want to dish that kind of money out to maintain a 4 stroke. I have more important things to put my money towards like my childs education.
Curious are you talking about a 250f or a 450? My Zook 450 was bulletproof and easily and affordably maintained
Oldmxer95
5/19/2019 9:39am
2 strokes are alive and well here in the northwest. Even have a dedicated series called Class X, the first race was last weekend and it was a great event.
Texas Built
5/19/2019 10:41am
SEMAC wrote:
Factory Suzuki is about to be past tense.
coastie44
5/19/2019 10:49am Edited Date/Time 5/19/2019 10:50am
Frankly that's your opinion. 2 Strokes have a purpose. I frankly wouldn't be riding if there were no 2 stroke options. I just dont want to...
Oil, gas and tires cost more than your kids education?? Where the hell are you sending them?

Maybe you’d like a few typewriters too? In case that electricity is cutting into the budget too much…
OldYZRider1
5/19/2019 10:55am
SEMAC wrote:
A lot of guys on here express this opinion and it’s true for any weekend warrior or amateur racer; ride/eace what you like. The subject of two strokes racing in proMX is a totally different subject. The days of them racing competitively were stopped by increasingly unfair rules that were blatantly obvious to anyone following the sport.

Those of us that still run them for whatever reason are really limited in options for purchasing MX focused bikes. Sure we can modify off road bikes but that can sometimes take work and money to get them up to where they’re a good, safe MX machine. The days of purchasing a wide selection of two stroke MX bikes developed by the rigors of racing at the top level of the sport are over now and it drives some of us to complain about the excessive manufactrurers and almost non-existent fans influence on the sport.

While many four stroke lovers wish us two stroke advocates would quiet down, the fact is some of those same guys are already starting to complain about the arrival of the electric bikes and how they’ll change the racing scene. When proMX abandons the four strokes due the manufacturers desire to develop the electric bike market, do you think you’ll still be happy to just say “ride what you want, let the pro’s race the real race bikes”??
race
5/19/2019 10:55am
If anyone finds pics please post 'em.

Hope Alldredge gets some sort of support for his efforts!

How did Steinke do on his 125?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3657th
5/19/2019 11:06am
race wrote:

Steinke didn't qualify.
jeffro503
5/19/2019 11:45am
SEMAC wrote:
Well I'm happy , you're happy with your 4 strokes. Gotta ride whatever you feel comfortable on.

Truth is , at a local level a 250 2 stroke will go way faster around a track then what your capabilities will let it. In fact a 125 Will go faster then what you are capable of. If you have the skills , fitness and a will to do so..... you'll make just about anything fly around a track. You may not like 2 strokes , but that's probably because you don't ride them , or have the skill to make it around a track at a decent pace on one. So a natural response from guy's like you is " they suck "........which really means , " I can't ride one worth a shit , so to make myself feel good about myself , I'll slam on the guy's who do ride them ".
crowe176
5/19/2019 11:48am
I suck on both a 4 stroke and 2 stroke. I just suck worse a lot sooner on a 2 stroke.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3657th
5/19/2019 11:49am
race wrote:

Didn't find any pics of Alldredge but here's Steinke.

seth505
Fantasy
1093rd
5/19/2019 9:01pm
SEMAC wrote:
Stupid award of the day. There is literally a pro out there (not even full time) on a current 2stroke racing a pro event. No one is surprised that you’re 62 and don’t want to buy another 2stroke.
zehn
5/19/2019 9:10pm Edited Date/Time 5/19/2019 9:12pm
At this point it’s essentially a myth that 4 strokes cost more over the life of the unit to maintain than 2 strokes. It was definitely true in 2003 but not 2019.

With proper maintenance, thumpers will go longer on a top end/set of valves than an equally maintained smoker in a MX application with regular riding.

And this is coming from a diehard 2 stroke rider. I love them. But the whole cost to maintain thing only bites you in the ass with thumpers if you maintain them like shit.

I’m sure some vet is about to come along and tell me how wrong I am because he trail rides his YZ250 3 times a year and has never had to do a top end.

All this assumes a stock vs. stock bike. Once you start doing head/cam/port work then it’s a different story.
shuggs
5/19/2019 11:26pm
SEMAC wrote:
I went the other way, 2t growing up then did not have a bike from 16yro till 42. Got a CRF for 6/ 7 years and have been 2t for past 8yrs and will NOT go back
coastie44
5/20/2019 12:33pm
shuggs wrote:
I went the other way, 2t growing up then did not have a bike from 16yro till 42. Got a CRF for 6/ 7 years and...
I went the other way, 2t growing up then did not have a bike from 16yro till 42. Got a CRF for 6/ 7 years and have been 2t for past 8yrs and will NOT go back
Ok. Good for you. But please don’t blame it on “four strokes cost more to maintain” because that is just not the case when you are not racing.
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1527th
5/20/2019 12:46pm
SEMAC wrote:
I hate when people say 4 strokes cost a lot. My friend races pro nationals on his Honda WITH 100 HOURS ON THE BIKE! Never touched the motor ever. Also he qualifies top 20 every national he does so he rips. I’ve also put 100+ hours on every 450 I’ve owned and never touched the motor. Every 2 stroke I’ve ridden has blown up in 20 hours. All of my friends have a million hours on their bikes and not once touched the motor.
Mr. Afterbar
5/20/2019 12:51pm
I’ve done valves in one 4 stroke ever. They are not any more expensive to maintain. The air fuel ratio is always on point, and it’s the best machine for racing available that fits within the rules. That’s good enough for me to ride one. I’d be perfectly happy if 4 strokes never took over, but they have, and I moved on.
5/20/2019 1:56pm Edited Date/Time 5/20/2019 2:55pm
SEMAC wrote:
I hate when people say 4 strokes cost a lot. My friend races pro nationals on his Honda WITH 100 HOURS ON THE BIKE! Never touched...
I hate when people say 4 strokes cost a lot. My friend races pro nationals on his Honda WITH 100 HOURS ON THE BIKE! Never touched the motor ever. Also he qualifies top 20 every national he does so he rips. I’ve also put 100+ hours on every 450 I’ve owned and never touched the motor. Every 2 stroke I’ve ridden has blown up in 20 hours. All of my friends have a million hours on their bikes and not once touched the motor.
Every 2-stroke you've ridden has blown up within 20 hours??!?
slipdog
5/20/2019 2:48pm
4 strokes are better... period. 2 strokes most definitely have more of a "fun factor" so ride what you want. I like 4 strokes better but am about to sell my CRF450 for a TC125 just because...

Didn't Chris top 20 on a smoker last year?
Johnny Ringo
5/20/2019 3:15pm Edited Date/Time 5/20/2019 4:49pm
SEMAC wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Well I'm happy , you're happy with your 4 strokes. Gotta ride whatever you feel comfortable on. Truth is , at a local level a 250...
Well I'm happy , you're happy with your 4 strokes. Gotta ride whatever you feel comfortable on.

Truth is , at a local level a 250 2 stroke will go way faster around a track then what your capabilities will let it. In fact a 125 Will go faster then what you are capable of. If you have the skills , fitness and a will to do so..... you'll make just about anything fly around a track. You may not like 2 strokes , but that's probably because you don't ride them , or have the skill to make it around a track at a decent pace on one. So a natural response from guy's like you is " they suck "........which really means , " I can't ride one worth a shit , so to make myself feel good about myself , I'll slam on the guy's who do ride them ".
Jeffro, I ride them and ride them ok. They kinda suck...They sound cool, but they feel like complete beaters compared to modern (2017+) four strokes.

If you want to hear the sound and feel like you're bringing back the good old days, more power to you. But there is no comparison to new 4-strokes.

FYI this is comparing a 2013 YZ250 and a 2018 YZ450

*back to OP, good on CA qualifying. That KTM he is on is clapped
5/20/2019 4:37pm
I hate when people say 4 strokes cost a lot. My friend races pro nationals on his Honda WITH 100 HOURS ON THE BIKE! Never touched...
Are you talking about Jeremy Smith?
seth505
Fantasy
1093rd
5/20/2019 4:43pm
Every 2-stroke you've ridden has blown up within 20 hours??!?
Step one, he removes the air filter. Grinning
5/20/2019 6:27pm
32-DNS is a sad showing for someone like Alldredge. He was a top ten factory guy what two years ago?
jeffro503
5/20/2019 6:55pm
SEMAC wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Well I'm happy , you're happy with your 4 strokes. Gotta ride whatever you feel comfortable on. Truth is , at a local level a 250...

Jeffro, I ride them and ride them ok. They kinda suck...They sound cool, but they feel like complete beaters compared to modern (2017+) four strokes. If...
Jeffro, I ride them and ride them ok. They kinda suck...They sound cool, but they feel like complete beaters compared to modern (2017+) four strokes.

If you want to hear the sound and feel like you're bringing back the good old days, more power to you. But there is no comparison to new 4-strokes.

FYI this is comparing a 2013 YZ250 and a 2018 YZ450

*back to OP, good on CA qualifying. That KTM he is on is clapped
You seem to not get it , and that's a fact.

I'm telling you and anyone else that want's to listen , that using myself as a gauge , I am " faster " around the track on a 2 stroke. The way " you ride " is not the same way " I ride ". I did 15 years on 450's , and raced in the Expert / A classes and know this to be true for myself. Everything depends on what that specific rider's technique is like.

This whole " I can't ride them worth a shit , and the pro's race the 4 strokes.....so 2 strokes must suck " is complete , and utter nonsense.

I'll put it to you this way.....on my last 450 ( 16' Kawi 450 ) if I was to race myself on my TC 250 , in a 20 + min moto like we do at an OTMX event , I would be a good 1/2 lap ahead on my TC 250 by the end. I can ride them harder , for longer. It's not just a fun factor.....I am seriously better equipped on a 2 stroke in longer motos.

In the pro ranks , let's talk about this subject when they actually allow CC vs CC to happen. Of course the fastest guy's will be on 4 stroke's , because that's what they are paid to ride. At a local level......it is legal. Which is where it counts for us. 250 vs 250 , I would choose a 2 stroke any day of the week.

I simply do NOT want to wrestle around 60 HP , while being tired and winded at the end of a 20+ min moto any more. But my 2 strokes allow me to stay aggressive and ride hard to the end , where the 450 put my tongue in my lap by lap 4.

This " 4 strokes are better ".....is your point of view. And many , many guys on here would beg to differ. better at what....a drag race? Put it on the track and show me.
jeffro503
5/20/2019 7:00pm
slipdog wrote:
4 strokes are better... period. 2 strokes most definitely have more of a "fun factor" so ride what you want. I like 4 strokes better but...
4 strokes are better... period. 2 strokes most definitely have more of a "fun factor" so ride what you want. I like 4 strokes better but am about to sell my CRF450 for a TC125 just because...

Didn't Chris top 20 on a smoker last year?
Better for yourself I guess. Definitely not better for me. Fun has nothing to do with it.....I'm faster on a 2 stroke.
PNWOffroad
Fantasy
3202nd
5/20/2019 7:29pm

Just an iPhone pic but he was definitely having fun out there. He was getting a lot of cheers every lap. Not sure what happened but he started rolling everything later in the moto
TRAVO 67
5/20/2019 7:54pm
SEMAC wrote:
Curious are you talking about a 250f or a 450? My Zook 450 was bulletproof and easily and affordably maintained
I agree I have had had 5 suzuki. 3 250fs and 2 450s all with around 125 hours on them before selling them. Only thing I did was change oil every 5 hours and change air filter every ride. NO clutch. No top end or bottom end. Never even checked valves. I would say that is pretty dam good. Local a class rider as well. Don't know why people always say they cost so much to maintain

Post a reply to: Congrats Chris Alldredge

The Latest