Confirmed: Matterley Basin gets the MXoN

Jefro98
Just got the press release from YS:

MONACO (Principality of Monaco), 28 September 2016 - Youthstream is pleased to announce the 2017 Monster Energy FIM Motocross of Nations will be held in Great Britain at the spectacular venue of Matterley Basin in Winchester.

Concerning the Monster Energy FIM Motocross of Nations to be held in USA, Youthstream is exploring possibilities for this event to be held in 2019 and discussions are under way to bring this unique event to a venue that is desired by the fans and the Motocross community.
|
philG
9/28/2016 2:36am
Some telling lines in there ... 'desired by the fans'..

Great news .. makes my year a little more difficult to plan though
MBR
9/28/2016 2:39am Edited Date/Time 9/28/2016 2:49am
It wasn't bad last time Wink There has been quite long time since I watched this video and now I noticed that those jumps that look pretty same (like the triple before the finish line) are now jumped even on 125's in EMX125 class.
9/28/2016 2:41am Edited Date/Time 9/28/2016 2:43am
Reading this forum yesterday it shouldn't be too difficult to find a "venue desired by US fans". Just bring it to Red Bud or Unadilla.
tempura
9/28/2016 2:42am
Well, I guess I'll be planning for a UK trip next year.
Sounds like what everyone already guessed, not enough fans expected at Glen Helen.

The Shop

DeStouwer
9/28/2016 2:47am
Well, 2006 MXoN was absolutely awesome overthere. Three motos of nailbiting racing, think I will attend. Shame for the US fans, but I believe this Euro track looks the most like an AMA one. USA will be a though contender.
DeStouwer
9/28/2016 3:33am
Read somewhere these will be the following years MXoN's:

2018: Assen, The Netherlands
2019: ?; USA
2020: ?; France
2021: Maggiora, Italy

Well, I hope 2018, 2020 and 2021 are not true. Assen is an abomination, and France and Italy are top locations, but they don't have to exaggerate.
9/28/2016 3:41am
DeStouwer wrote:
Read somewhere these will be the following years MXoN's: 2018: Assen, The Netherlands 2019: ?; USA 2020: ?; France 2021: Maggiora, Italy Well, I hope 2018...

Well, I hope 2018, 2020 and 2021 are not true. Assen is an abomination, and France and Italy are top locations, but they don't have to exaggerate.
I was at MXON last year and they said that 2020 MXON will take place at Ernée.
RG1
9/28/2016 3:43am
DeStouwer wrote:
Read somewhere these will be the following years MXoN's: 2018: Assen, The Netherlands 2019: ?; USA 2020: ?; France 2021: Maggiora, Italy Well, I hope 2018...

I was at MXON last year and they said that 2020 MXON will take place at Ernée.
I heard that too
9/28/2016 5:46am
They are going to have a MXON race at ASSEN!? The man made sand track in a stadium ish?

If so, what a disgrace. Lommel I understand, its a real sand track but Assen?

I really hope USA is REDBUD in 2019.
vschaik141
9/28/2016 5:53am
Amazin news! I been to a lot of GPs this year and Matterley Basin was by far the best. Them brits are crazy. There is a lot of space there and where ever you stand you can almost always see the complete track.
agn5009
9/28/2016 7:19am
Damn. I was planning on flying to California for the MXDN. I would absolutely love to go to matterley, but I'm sure flight tickets alone will be $1500. That's going to be a tough sell to the wife.
9/28/2016 7:48am
Good track. When we hear Qutar or Indonesia mentioned then we can suspect it's for the dollars, but for now I approve this message.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
9/28/2016 7:49am
DeStouwer wrote:
Well, 2006 MXoN was absolutely awesome overthere. Three motos of nailbiting racing, think I will attend. Shame for the US fans, but I believe this Euro...
Well, 2006 MXoN was absolutely awesome overthere. Three motos of nailbiting racing, think I will attend. Shame for the US fans, but I believe this Euro track looks the most like an AMA one. USA will be a though contender.
Who cares if it looks like an AMA track, we have done just fine competing on tracks that are nothing like ours. Look at Anderson he has never placed higher than 3rd in a 450 AMA Moto. That 2006 event was made because of RC and Bubba and the fans wanting to see them. Everts last ride paled in comparison for the chance of seeing the goat even though he did not race.
MudPup545
9/28/2016 7:56am
Red Bud? Please. A man can dream right?
DeStouwer
9/28/2016 7:56am
DeStouwer wrote:
Well, 2006 MXoN was absolutely awesome overthere. Three motos of nailbiting racing, think I will attend. Shame for the US fans, but I believe this Euro...
Park Boys wrote:
Who cares if it looks like an AMA track, we have done just fine competing on tracks that are nothing like ours. Look at Anderson he...
Who cares if it looks like an AMA track, we have done just fine competing on tracks that are nothing like ours. Look at Anderson he has never placed higher than 3rd in a 450 AMA Moto. That 2006 event was made because of RC and Bubba and the fans wanting to see them. Everts last ride paled in comparison for the chance of seeing the goat even though he did not race.
Take it easy man, wasn't even meant as an assault on the stars and stripes... Or do you just crap on everything that is non-American? Everts' last ride shined over Stewart's crashes anyway.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
9/28/2016 7:59am Edited Date/Time 9/28/2016 8:00am
DeStouwer wrote:
Park Boys wrote:
Who cares if it looks like an AMA track, we have done just fine competing on tracks that are nothing like ours. Look at Anderson he...
DeStouwer wrote:
Take it easy man, wasn't even meant as an assault on the stars and stripes... Or do you just crap on everything that is non-American? Everts'...
Take it easy man, wasn't even meant as an assault on the stars and stripes... Or do you just crap on everything that is non-American? Everts' last ride shined over Stewart's crashes anyway.
I'm just pissy, your good. When I seen you say USA should do good it was like WTF we don't need no pity. But i know you meant no harm.
DeStouwer
9/28/2016 8:02am
Park Boys wrote:
DeStouwer wrote:
Take it easy man, wasn't even meant as an assault on the stars and stripes... Or do you just crap on everything that is non-American? Everts'...
Park Boys wrote:
I'm just pissy, your good. When I seen you say USA should do good it was like WTF we don't need no pity. But i know...
I'm just pissy, your good. When I seen you say USA should do good it was like WTF we don't need no pity. But i know you meant no harm.
Okay Smile Just meant this GP track comes the closest to an AMA one imo. USA will most likely be the team to beat. (like on most occasions)
visser62
9/28/2016 8:25am
Matterly Basin is a great track, and it will be a great event. But damn, I was planning on attending my first MXdN at Glen Helen. My only saving grace is that if it comes back to the U.S. in 2019, I'll be out of school and it'll be an easier event to attend.
dkg
9/28/2016 9:49am Edited Date/Time 9/28/2016 9:51am
deleted
jeffro503
9/28/2016 9:52am
I'm totally gutted about the GH MXoN's being cancelled. Never been to one and this would have been my first one. Just totally gutted.
9/28/2016 10:11am
I can't say I'm not happy with the choice of Matterly as the substitute venue. The great thing about it is that it's big and spacious but because it's in a natural bowl the atmosphere is contained and amplified.

For anyone thinking of going don't hesitate, it won't disappoint. I wasn't there for the '06 MXoN but was for the epic Searle/Herlings MX2 motos in '12.

Radical
Fantasy
2360th
9/28/2016 10:55am
That sucks. I was really looking forward to it.
9/28/2016 11:41am
I was sooooo looking forward to an mxdn at Glen Helen. I know it was 10 years ago at Matterly, I was there and couldn't speak for a week after screaming over the fence, some of the best racing I've ever seen. But won't be going again, the lack of toilets and taking 4 hours to get out ( I was lucky some couldn't get out until next morning!
I agree with Parkboys, somewhere new is needed!
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
9/28/2016 11:48am
agn5009 wrote:
Damn. I was planning on flying to California for the MXDN. I would absolutely love to go to matterley, but I'm sure flight tickets alone will...
Damn. I was planning on flying to California for the MXDN. I would absolutely love to go to matterley, but I'm sure flight tickets alone will be $1500. That's going to be a tough sell to the wife.
$1700, from Atlanta. A major hub on the east coast....
Add in hotel and rental. $2,000. Guess I ain't going to the MXON next year.
California is questionable enough.
Jefro98
9/28/2016 12:04pm
I was sooooo looking forward to an mxdn at Glen Helen. I know it was 10 years ago at Matterly, I was there and couldn't speak...
I was sooooo looking forward to an mxdn at Glen Helen. I know it was 10 years ago at Matterly, I was there and couldn't speak for a week after screaming over the fence, some of the best racing I've ever seen. But won't be going again, the lack of toilets and taking 4 hours to get out ( I was lucky some couldn't get out until next morning!
So you don't think Dixon and his team gained some experience over the last 10 years and sorted your toilet problem out by now?
Fonzarelli
9/28/2016 12:10pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I'm totally gutted about the GH MXoN's being cancelled. Never been to one and this would have been my first one. Just totally gutted.
Obviously lots of people will blame lots of other people but I put the blame mainly on 3 groups.

1. Rider's sponsors. For telling riders which races they will or will not race in.

2. Riders. For not telling sponsors to go F themselves and race where they want.

3. Fans. For giving all the riders a pass on skipping GPs and MXDNs. The moving of the race is a direct result of low turnout which is a direct result of low American rider turnout. Racing for national pride should be supported.

An extra heap of blame for fans not attending these races. The racing is awesome and the riders are as fast as anyone. Motocross fans like good motocross. .. fanboys only care about it if "their guy" is racing.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
9/28/2016 12:21pm
Fonzarelli wrote:
Obviously lots of people will blame lots of other people but I put the blame mainly on 3 groups. 1. Rider's sponsors. For telling riders which...
Obviously lots of people will blame lots of other people but I put the blame mainly on 3 groups.

1. Rider's sponsors. For telling riders which races they will or will not race in.

2. Riders. For not telling sponsors to go F themselves and race where they want.

3. Fans. For giving all the riders a pass on skipping GPs and MXDNs. The moving of the race is a direct result of low turnout which is a direct result of low American rider turnout. Racing for national pride should be supported.

An extra heap of blame for fans not attending these races. The racing is awesome and the riders are as fast as anyone. Motocross fans like good motocross. .. fanboys only care about it if "their guy" is racing.
For you number 3 post. Dungey has gotten a lot of shit for skipping MxDN as well as RV and Tomac got it this year.
9/28/2016 12:29pm
I was sooooo looking forward to an mxdn at Glen Helen. I know it was 10 years ago at Matterly, I was there and couldn't speak...
Jefro98 wrote:
So you don't think Dixon and his team gained some experience over the last 10 years and sorted your toilet problem out by now?
I am sure they did, but after being there once I am not willing to take the chance at same venue .
Somewhere new is needed, it adds to the excitement like the first time you go on holiday to a new place. The idea of Glen Helen was more exciting to me and it seems like I'm not the only one.
Like I said I'm out for Matterly but was in for Glen Helen!

Post a reply to: Confirmed: Matterley Basin gets the MXoN

The Latest