Condolences to the Blue Pig critics

Related:
Create New Tag

9/7/2021 7:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/7/2021 7:36 AM

You guys had a good run, but it’s over. Looking forward to seeing Eli and “Danger Zone” Dylan next year in year 2 of the Star program

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

9/7/2021 8:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/7/2021 8:04 AM

Credit where credit is due:

Mad Diesel Bomber's Photoshop's were epic (and need a return farewell appearance)

The Blue Pig gang was so effective that Yamaha finally ditched Keith.

The GP guys never bought the story.

Star never bought the story.

Tests and reviews never bought the story.

Photo

|

9/7/2021 8:08 AM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

You guys had a good run, but it’s over. Looking forward to seeing Eli and “Danger Zone” Dylan next year in year 2 of the Star ...more

I firmly believe Ferrandis would’ve won the outdoor title on any bike.

And Eli, will anyone be shocked if he wins? Will anyone be shocked if he doesn’t win? The answer to both is “no”.

What about AP? As far as Plessinger goes, was it the bike or did his ability to ride a 450 get to where we expected him to be? What if he is even better on an Austrian bike? What if he regresses to where he was? Do you say the bike is the problem?

|

9/7/2021 8:32 AM

I had a hunch when I heard an interview with Plessinger just before the outdoors started. You could hear it in his voice as to how confident he was about the the bike. Congrats to Star and lets face it the Yamaha production team for coming up with a solid platform to work off of.

|

9/7/2021 9:20 AM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

You guys had a good run, but it’s over. Looking forward to seeing Eli and “Danger Zone” Dylan next year in year 2 of the Star ...more

Might be too many roosters in the henhouse.

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

9/7/2021 9:21 AM

Can we call it the wild blue boar now?

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

9/7/2021 9:35 AM

Did the bike we could buy lose any weight or width?

|

9/7/2021 9:44 AM

What you're witnessing is a bike that money built. Star was determined to examine every point on the Yamaha, and tweak what wasn't working so it worked...and they spared no expense doing it. Their objective was to win...no matter what it cost, and they've said so themselves. Ferrandis would have won on a Vespa scooter...but he wouldn't have dominated like he did without the commitment that Star Racing Yamaha made to build a bike for him that had the capacity to be ridden at a championship level.

|

9/7/2021 9:45 AM

Seems like Star made a 'works bike'.

|

9/7/2021 9:47 AM

GD350 wrote:

Maybe, in the long run. However a lot of the weight that was "lost" on the race bike was merely Star stripping off unnecessary weight that Keith and crew had added.

|

9/7/2021 9:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/7/2021 1:19 PM

GD350 wrote:

Old and busted: "Bike is great for normal guys, but not for top level."
New hotness: "Bike is great for top level, but not for normal guys."

|

9/7/2021 10:06 AM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

resetjet wrote:

I get what you’re saying; but, these days?

Having 3-4 great riders under your banner means you’re increasing your odds of having one of them STILL running at the seasons end and competing for The Red Plate.

What Star is doing now is exactly what Honda did back in the day.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

9/7/2021 10:14 AM

davistld01 wrote:

What you're witnessing is a bike that money built. Star was determined to examine every point on the Yamaha, and tweak what ...more

Sounds like Yamaha was Yamaha's worst enemy. Bike had the speed if it weren't for Yamaha. Strange, yes!

Kind of like Webb having to grab the torch and cut the KTM to make him relevant again......

|

9/7/2021 11:05 AM

In all fairness it was a BBP until star took over

|

9/7/2021 12:02 PM

bigk218 wrote:

It was always good : the identically laid out 250 has been the standard for years.

It has been misguided and less than competent preparation that gave the 450 it's reputation and nick name.

The 450 Yamaha has the best engine with the foward inlet and good porting and because of it's integrated design the most sophisticated chassis.

It just lacked the equivalent tuning.

|

9/7/2021 12:07 PM

Has anyone checked on Diesel Bomber? Is he ok?

|

9/7/2021 12:12 PM

bigk218 wrote:

SilverSpurs wrote:

It was always good : the identically laid out 250 has been the standard for years.

It has been misguided and less than ...more

No, factory Yamaha couldn’t make that bike good. They had been trying since 2010 and that bike has been bad mouthed by riders ever since. Star made that bike great in a short amount of time, which is very impressive. I can’t wait to see tomac on it

|

9/7/2021 12:13 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Has anyone checked on Diesel Bomber? Is he ok?

He'll just say it's always been good outdoors and that it's still a blue pig because of SX.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

9/7/2021 12:17 PM

davistld01 wrote:

What you're witnessing is a bike that money built. Star was determined to examine every point on the Yamaha, and tweak what ...more

I was with you until you said Dylan would have won on a Vespa. He was the best guy but let’s not get crazy here. He didn’t go 24-0.

|

9/7/2021 12:28 PM

There’s nothing wrong with affectionately referring to it as the big blue pig, as Charlotte once said so famously “ that’s some pig! “.
Also... “ That’ll do, pig, that’ll do “
smile

|

9/7/2021 12:44 PM

Didn't Barcia test a stock bike once and said it was better than the Yamaha factory bike?

|

9/7/2021 12:49 PM

wrc777 wrote:

Didn't Barcia test a stock bike once and said it was better than the Yamaha factory bike?

I believe that was Webb

|

9/7/2021 2:06 PM

I have so been waiting for someone to post this!! Every time I saw DR14 or AP7 on the box I thought about the blu pig hating vitards!

|

2020 YZ450F
2018 KTM 450SXF FE
2016 YZ250F 2008 CRF450R
2015 YZ250F 2008 CRF250R
2001 CR250R
2010 YZ250 2012 CRF150R
2009 YZ125 2010 KX109.5
SSR Motorsports Dealer YCF Motorcycles
TAGMX Suspension & Graphics! www.tagmxsuspension.com https://www.liquidskinzdesign.com/

9/7/2021 2:25 PM

kpiper wrote:

Seems like Star made a 'works bike'.

Yamaha made a “works bike”, Star made a bike work.

|

9/7/2021 2:33 PM

I’m looking forward to the day Suzuki wrote a cheque to a big name star- this place is gonna be a ghost town..

|

The above may be fact or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting. I am not sure, you have no chance.

9/7/2021 2:40 PM

davistld01 wrote:

Johnny Ringo wrote:

I was with you until you said Dylan would have won on a Vespa. He was the best guy but let’s not get crazy here. He didn’t go ...more

Let's try to have a sense of humor, shall we?

Nope, Dylan didn't go 24-0...but he was certainly the dominant rider out there this year. He probably could have done that on a lesser bike, but thankfully he didn't have to. Personally, I think Dylan just wanted it more than anybody else.

|

9/7/2021 2:49 PM

GD350 wrote:

Yes on both. It hasn’t been the widest bike for a few years now…

|

9/7/2021 3:52 PM

GD350 wrote:

WhatsStoppingU wrote:

Yes on both. It hasn’t been the widest bike for a few years now…

Which bike is the widest?

|

9/7/2021 4:05 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

resetjet wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

I get what you’re saying; but, these days?

Having 3-4 great riders under your banner means you’re increasing your odds of ...more

I get what your saying but i could not imagine having two riders of the same team and class a few points apart all season…..drama!!! However i think if i had to pick two riders, one would be DF14.

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

9/7/2021 4:27 PM

Guys are scoring points on bone stock bikes out there. Chiz's bike also basically bone stock.

|