Derailed "I hate pit bulls and their owners are morans" thread

slipdog
8/18/2013 3:27pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2013 8:41am
I'm very surprised there has been very little mention of the dog bite Josh's son received that caused him to miss the race this weekend. Does anyone here know the severity of the bite and his condition? I sure hope the little man is going to be ok with no lasting scars!

I have 21 month old twins and two great dogs, but I'm always on high alert anyway. Any updates would be appreciated.
|
Millbilly
8/18/2013 3:34pm
Sure hope all is well. I have 2 boys and wouldn't wish this on anyone.. Josh has been riding with some fire lately and i personally love his style when he is on. Hope he stays healthy and does well in sx.
35smom
8/18/2013 4:08pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2013 6:18pm
I was told that he was bitten in the face and required surgery right away. Must have happened Thursday night. That's all ive heard since Sad
burn1986
Fantasy
3280th
8/18/2013 5:37pm Edited Date/Time 8/19/2013 11:05am
Edited
slipdog
8/18/2013 5:49pm
I think it was a Shetland Sheepdog

The Shop

langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
8/18/2013 6:02pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2013 6:03pm
Talked to Mike (Grant), he said that the surgery went well. The pic he sent me showed Wyatt laying in the hospital with Josh, they both looked so bummed. I can't imagine having your own dog do that, total bummer. He should be fine, although his head, face and arm were all bandaged up. Poor little guy, I'm sure he's going to be afraid of dogs for a while.
radialone
8/18/2013 6:06pm
Ashley tweeted yesterday:

Ashley Grant ‏@AshleyGrant33 17 Aug

Hi everyone thanks for your thoughts and prayers. We are home with Wyatt, he is recovering nicely thanks to the Loma Linda pediatrics ER!
8/18/2013 6:06pm
langhammx wrote:
Talked to Mike (Grant), he said that the surgery went well. The pic he sent me showed Wyatt laying in the hospital with Josh, they both...
Talked to Mike (Grant), he said that the surgery went well. The pic he sent me showed Wyatt laying in the hospital with Josh, they both looked so bummed. I can't imagine having your own dog do that, total bummer. He should be fine, although his head, face and arm were all bandaged up. Poor little guy, I'm sure he's going to be afraid of dogs for a while.
Glad to hear he's okay, thanks for the info.
malachi177
8/18/2013 6:07pm
Good to hear, just a terrible thing to happen. Even more so to such a small child. I wish him a speedy recovery.
MT MX
8/18/2013 6:12pm
I had to rush my daughter to the ER on Thursday night. My stomach has been in a knot since then, so needless to say its been a bad weekend for me. Can't even imagine what the Grant's are going through
MXR
8/18/2013 6:17pm
I don't understand why anybody would trust a pitbull with little kids .
Bytor
8/18/2013 6:17pm
I am glad he's gonna be ok. I have been bit as a child and so have my kids but thankfully not as bad as this sounds. None of us would think our own family dogs could ever do this but you never know.
slipdog
8/18/2013 6:18pm
Glad to hear he's recovering and doing well, thanks for filling us in!
35smom
8/18/2013 6:18pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2013 6:22pm
langhammx wrote:
Talked to Mike (Grant), he said that the surgery went well. The pic he sent me showed Wyatt laying in the hospital with Josh, they both...
That's great to hear he's doing good
slipdog
8/18/2013 6:23pm
burn1986 wrote:
Edited
Pitbull.
Regis wrote:
was it really?
Yes, I was just being a smart ass because pit bulls are the first dog people think of when someone gets bitten.
nornevrder
8/18/2013 6:26pm
MXR wrote:
Because you are ignorant that is why. I have had three and all of them are top notch dogs. My current one would die for my kids. My 1 and 5 year old torment the shit out of that dog and he just takes it while sneaking in a lick or five.
Get well Wyatt wish you a speedy recovery.
MXR
8/18/2013 6:33pm
MXR wrote:
nornevrder wrote:
Because you are ignorant that is why. I have had three and all of them are top notch dogs. My current one would die for my...
Because you are ignorant that is why. I have had three and all of them are top notch dogs. My current one would die for my kids. My 1 and 5 year old torment the shit out of that dog and he just takes it while sneaking in a lick or five.
You're as dumb as Josh Grant then .
Regis
Fantasy
359th
8/18/2013 6:34pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2013 6:42pm
MXR wrote:
nornevrder wrote:
Because you are ignorant that is why. I have had three and all of them are top notch dogs. My current one would die for my...
I got bit by a pit as a kid. It was an awesome family dog too. I just wasn't part of the family, was just visiting.

It's not ignorant to think of Pit Bull when you hear dog bite. Yeah there are good ones, but there is a reason they have the reputation.

However, I'm not putting blame on the parents or anything, no way. First and foremost it just sucks, no matter what kind of dog . But getting bit by a smaller dog VS. a strong pit is where I was going. Poor little guy. This isn't the time to get into Pit Bull vs. the reputation argument.

I know the Grants have been hit by home invasion, so having a pit around may have been for protection or to at least intimidate anyone from getting close.
slipdog
8/18/2013 6:36pm
MXR wrote:
nornevrder wrote:
Mine's the exact same way only licks and rolls over on his back for them. I've never even heard him growl except when the UPS truck drives by, lol.
Trav138
8/18/2013 7:07pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2013 7:16pm
MXR wrote:
Exactly these fuckin morons that think " their" pit is differant because of how it was raised, loved etc. These dogs should never be around young children. But hey your cool because you have a pitbull and its badass gangsta yo! I been around plenty of them even had a couple on my farm and my opinion is get another breed.

Wish the Grants the best. This hit a nerve with me. A pit got loose and ran down the street and damn near killed a young boy who was playing in his own yard, scarred for life and this happens way to often. I'm sure they get the bad rap but it is a legitamate problem.
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
8/18/2013 7:48pm Edited Date/Time 8/19/2013 5:09pm
Sorry to hear this, hope the Grants son has a full recovery
jleews6
8/18/2013 7:59pm
Im glad to hear he is doing well. There is nothing worse then having to watch your child be in pain or bad health (my son had cancer @12YO). My boys grew up with Rottweilers and even though I have owned them for alost 30 years and always trusted them with the kids looking back no mater what kind of dog it is you should never trust them 100%.
I have only been around a hand full of pitt bulls and all I can say is that I will never own one and never have one around my kids.
dboivin
8/18/2013 8:06pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2013 8:06pm
reminds me of a certain pro who had a bad situation happen with his pitbull in the early 90's. I personally think that situation became a huge drain on him and basically was the start to the end of his pro career.

for those that love the breed, they'll defend it as its not the breed, its the dog...but you don't read about random Labrador mauls kid in the news...because they don't.

if you have very young children and you let them play and tug on your harmless pitbull....I think your nuts.

hope the best for grants boy. sad to hear.
500guy
8/18/2013 8:07pm
KennyT wrote:
I have one and I assure you I am neither of those and don't have it because I think I'm badass.

Truth be told Pit Bulls make up for a small percentage of Dog bites , I do agree that you need to be careful.

My Son got his face ripped open by a Chow , truth is all Dogs are Predatory Animals.

Well wishes to the Grants.
500guy
8/18/2013 8:11pm
dboivin wrote:
reminds me of a certain pro who had a bad situation happen with his pitbull in the early 90's. I personally think that situation became a...
reminds me of a certain pro who had a bad situation happen with his pitbull in the early 90's. I personally think that situation became a huge drain on him and basically was the start to the end of his pro career.

for those that love the breed, they'll defend it as its not the breed, its the dog...but you don't read about random Labrador mauls kid in the news...because they don't.

if you have very young children and you let them play and tug on your harmless pitbull....I think your nuts.

hope the best for grants boy. sad to hear.
You are misinformed.

German Shepard's, Dobermans, Chows it's a long list. I will grant you Labs are bred to be the tamest but they do bite.
Hut
8/18/2013 8:14pm
KennyT wrote:
500guy wrote:
I have one and I assure you I am neither of those and don't have it because I think I'm badass. Truth be told Pit Bulls...
I have one and I assure you I am neither of those and don't have it because I think I'm badass.

Truth be told Pit Bulls make up for a small percentage of Dog bites , I do agree that you need to be careful.

My Son got his face ripped open by a Chow , truth is all Dogs are Predatory Animals.

Well wishes to the Grants.
I agree

Glad the youngster is doing alright
FlaNard
8/18/2013 8:22pm
I wish the best for the Grant's and wish the little guy well. As far pit bulls go some of you are sadly, sadly misinformed or just had an experience that gave you the worst possible impression. One of our two dogs is a pit bull and she is an amazing dog with kids. She licks everything and everyone. Raise your dog right and you will be fine. We exposed her to kids and other dogs from day one and have never had her so much as put her fur up at another dog.
500guy
8/18/2013 8:28pm
FlaNard wrote:
I wish the best for the Grant's and wish the little guy well. As far pit bulls go some of you are sadly, sadly misinformed or...
I wish the best for the Grant's and wish the little guy well. As far pit bulls go some of you are sadly, sadly misinformed or just had an experience that gave you the worst possible impression. One of our two dogs is a pit bull and she is an amazing dog with kids. She licks everything and everyone. Raise your dog right and you will be fine. We exposed her to kids and other dogs from day one and have never had her so much as put her fur up at another dog.
Unfortunately many Pit bull owners are dumb and think it's cool to make them mean.

I do not blame people for the way they react to Pit Bulls

Post a reply to: Derailed "I hate pit bulls and their owners are morans" thread

The Latest