Concept 2 Rower question.

McG194
3/1/2020 7:34pm
May sound kinda stupid but I use the one at my local gym and I have a tough time.

My left knee is junk so I can't really row with my legs going straight up and down, I have to go a little bow legged and if I tried to keep my legs together it would crush my balls. Is there any settings where you can put your legs shoulder width or am I stuck going bow legged?

|
Crush
3/1/2020 7:46pm
Apart from your balls it won't do your knee any favours letting it rotate in. The food width is set I believe.

You could try use without shoes and rotate your feet a little in the straps. Does smash your feet a bit though.
Payup_199
3/2/2020 6:19am
same with my knees. I do the rower but just can't in the "proper" form. I keep my knees bowed and don't really move them too much. It's not perfect but it has to be better than not doing it at all
Looby321
3/2/2020 6:34am
So lower the resistance dial on the side of the fan.
876moto
3/2/2020 6:56am
If your knees are too junk for the rower, use the airdyne/airbike/echo bike at your gym. You can make it a hard workout if you want. Similar movements to motocross. Less downside if you have bad form.

The Shop

EastFlorida
3/2/2020 7:02am
Mike,

I use my Concept 2 rower as a clothes hanger... Well, for now anyway until I can get back into training...
Preston412
3/2/2020 8:11am
If you can’t row using the correct form then it isn’t the equipment to use. As stated above, use the airdyne bike if they have it.
McG194
3/2/2020 8:19am
Mike,

I use my Concept 2 rower as a clothes hanger... Well, for now anyway until I can get back into training...
Not soon enough. Lots of holeshots going unclaimed. lol
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
3/3/2020 7:36am
I thought the problem here was his balls are way too big to row properly and not that he has a bad knee...
McG194
3/3/2020 8:02am
Ramrod wrote:
I thought the problem here was his balls are way too big to row properly and not that he has a bad knee...
I'm over 50 so it's not that my balls are too big, they are too long. LOL
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
3/3/2020 9:08am
Ramrod wrote:
McG194 wrote:
I'm over 50 so it's not that my balls are too big, they are too long. LOL
Haha! I rowed last night and because of reading this I was keenly more aware of that area. You definitley have to make your technique and motion fit your body.
Supermega1
3/3/2020 11:16am
Part of the issue might not be your knees as much as it is how your quads have developed to compensate for your knees. Generally, your knees bowing out like that is a sign of a muscle imbalance between your inside quad and your outside quad muscles. With your outside quads being overdeveloped in this case.

Turn the resistance down and concentrate on keeping your knees together until you strengthen your inside quad. Or the other option is to point your toes in and heels out and that will concentrate the workout more on your inside quad muscles.

Another way you can test for the quad imbalance is doing a deep squat with your hands straight up over your head palms in and if your legs bow out while squatting you need to work on your inner quads.

McG194
3/3/2020 12:28pm
Supermega1 wrote:
Part of the issue might not be your knees as much as it is how your quads have developed to compensate for your knees. Generally, your...
Part of the issue might not be your knees as much as it is how your quads have developed to compensate for your knees. Generally, your knees bowing out like that is a sign of a muscle imbalance between your inside quad and your outside quad muscles. With your outside quads being overdeveloped in this case.

Turn the resistance down and concentrate on keeping your knees together until you strengthen your inside quad. Or the other option is to point your toes in and heels out and that will concentrate the workout more on your inside quad muscles.

Another way you can test for the quad imbalance is doing a deep squat with your hands straight up over your head palms in and if your legs bow out while squatting you need to work on your inner quads.

You may be on to something. I may try it with my offloading knee brace to straighten it out or possibly one of those bands the yoga chicks use around my knees.

Post a reply to: Concept 2 Rower question.

The Latest