Complete rebuild kits?

DJBobbyD
When I do a top end I usually order all the stuff I need at my dealer and don’t think twice but, has anyone bought the Wrench Rabbit rebuild kit and how good is the quality? I see that Wiseco is now selling a Garage Buddy kit to compete but is the demand that high for these complete kits? From what I can tell each kit has everything needed but is the pricing that much better than buying everything separately?
|
40acres
10/4/2018 8:52am
I've purchased many wrench rabbit kits and have never had an issue. You literally get EVERYTHING you need. I always take the crank and have my local machine shop check it out though before I use it just to be safe. But I've never had an issue. For the money they are a great value.
kb228
10/4/2018 8:58am
If you dont care about what parts go in your motor then they work. If youre looking for oem cranks or carillo or je top ends forget about it.
JonM37
10/4/2018 4:00pm
I have not had good luck with wrench rabbit at all. My sons 65 went through one crank in 14 hours. They covered it under warranty. The replacement kit they sent only lasted 1 hour! Then Camrun at wrench rabbit gave me a BS excuse and would not cover their second bad crank. When I questioned the BS reason for the crank failure, I got zero response. Poor customer service. I had already had it rebuilt with OEM. I would not buy another wrench rabbit kit again, ever!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
10/4/2018 4:02pm
kb228 wrote:
If you dont care about what parts go in your motor then they work. If youre looking for oem cranks or carillo or je top ends...
If you dont care about what parts go in your motor then they work. If youre looking for oem cranks or carillo or je top ends forget about it.
Good stuff comes at a price

The Shop

cody41
10/5/2018 5:05am
Whatever you do, DO NOT put a hot rods crank in your bike. Those cranks are junk and there is a high probability that your motor will get destroyed.
10/5/2018 8:06am Edited Date/Time 10/5/2018 8:07am
cody41 wrote:
Whatever you do, DO NOT put a hot rods crank in your bike. Those cranks are junk and there is a high probability that your motor...
Whatever you do, DO NOT put a hot rods crank in your bike. Those cranks are junk and there is a high probability that your motor will get destroyed.
When cranks go there is also a good chance it will take one or both cases with it. I was lucky to find new cases for my '07 rebuild (cracked from a thrown chain by PO). Older bikes? NOS cases are much much harder if not impossible to find. You couldn't pay me money to put anything other than OEM components in the bottom end.

If someone is selling a bike I'm interested in, the bike was recently rebuilt, and I learn they used anything other than OEM for crank, rod, bearings and seals I'm walking.

Wrench rabbit is great for flippers but a horrible decision for anyone planning to own/ride a bike with that junk in it.

Post a reply to: Complete rebuild kits?

The Latest