583rd
1/27/2019 7:21pm
Over head camera would be ok
Or rotate through them during commercials
Harv379
Fantasy
1988th
1/27/2019 8:06pm
No to KTM Juniors, I'd rather watch nothing, and Hell No to commercials. This thread should be deleted and I'm ashamed I opened it.
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
1/28/2019 6:09am
I love the gold. so im not complaining. it would be a good chance to use pit cams. just rotate thru the pits. sponsor exposure without the same old commercial nobody will watch. I like stats being up there too. lap times,past event winners etc. so no to commercials but yes on pit cams. the cherry on top would be to switch cameras as you like. watch hrc for a few then switch to whoever you like. I am a damn genius.Silly hey feld my consulting fees are low. shoot me an emailCool

The Shop

Wilson116
Fantasy
1599th
1/28/2019 6:27am
motoman617 wrote:
No to commercials but why not give us something besides a static camera shot. How about a shot of the starting gate and the riders lining...
No to commercials but why not give us something besides a static camera shot. How about a shot of the starting gate and the riders lining up for the next race. Interviews with somebody else that didn’t make the podium.

Tonight’s race on the Gold App is the best quality feed this year. Not sure what they changed but it looks really sharp tonight.
I was thinking this Saturday night, Show us the damn starting gate so we know when the race is going to start instead of showing us nothing and switching to the gate 3 seconds before it drops.
chrisg19
Fantasy
4437th
1/28/2019 7:09am
No commercials for sure. I just wish they would position the camera somewhere we could see some activity. This wide shot from the next town over doesn't do it for me. I don't know maybe a camera on the start area. There's always milling about there.
mx196
Fantasy
4082nd
1/28/2019 7:54am
Racer142 wrote:
I paid and I don't want the dead space. My thought is if they used smaller moto specific companies to advertise affordably then maybe it could...
I paid and I don't want the dead space. My thought is if they used smaller moto specific companies to advertise affordably then maybe it could help them grow and maybe I find something new that I didn't know about. Plus it would kill the dead air between races.
Play on your phone in between. Get a fidget spinner. Get medicated for ADD needing to be stimulated and entertained for 5 minute intervals.
motomike137
1/28/2019 8:27am
I would like a countdown clock if that is possible but definitely no commercials!
Deployer78
1/28/2019 8:32am
They could just play this commercial over and over and I'd be fine with it.....

Red141
1/28/2019 9:48am
No! I like hearing the stadium rider intros.
Sierra Ranger
1/28/2019 9:54am
It's kind of fun hearing random conversations/comments going on in the background. One day someone is gonna tell a story about the night before at a strip club or something.
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1464th
1/28/2019 9:56am Edited Date/Time 1/28/2019 9:58am
I was really happy to have Gold for the race. So fun to watch live. I'm fine with the no commercials, wish they would put the camera on the podium interviews instead or go to a random pit showing rider/mechanic getting ready to go out. I love when they show the behind the scenes like in F1 in the pits.

If want commercials, watch it Sunday. But don;t come on here and ruin it for everyone. LOL
akillerwombat
1/28/2019 10:00am
Seems like a wasted opportunity to raise some more money (to raise the purses) via advertising bucks.

Personally I don't mind the commercial breaks at all, lets me chat about the race with my better half / what we're looking forward to in the next one, but it does take a bit away from the natural flow of the show. Having some moto related anything going on would make the overall experience of watching a lot smoother.
aeffertz
1/28/2019 10:15am Edited Date/Time 1/30/2019 11:56am
This might sound crazy but follow me for a second.

So we pay all these different company’s X amount of dollars every month to watch our favorite shows and movies. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Disney, etc. and now we pay extra for the Gold package to watch the races without any commercials...

What if there was a way that we could just pay ONE company and have access to all of these channels bundled together at a discounted rate and in the breaks between action, they could show some sort of advertisement to help make these companies make money. Heck maybe they could even bundle in your internet with it! If only there was a way... We could call it Cable Television!
1/28/2019 2:34pm
Ok, I can get on board with these ideas of pointing the camera somewhere else. Starting gate seems to be the easiest and best idea. Wanting commercials is like wanting a prostate exam. I love the time away to check Vital and see who's pooped their diaper over the broadcast or app in some form or fashion.

If the app is taking a shit on you, I promise it's your internet/wifi connection. I've not missed 1 second of Supercross this season or the MX Nationals over the past 2 years. The Gold package is the messiah of moto broadcasting.
SPODEBOY
1/28/2019 2:56pm
Our family LOVES the live track view feed. Perfect time to run and drain the yellow tank as well as refill on goodies.
mooch
Fantasy
501st
1/28/2019 3:02pm
chrisg19 wrote:
No commercials for sure. I just wish they would position the camera somewhere we could see some activity. This wide shot from the next town over...
No commercials for sure. I just wish they would position the camera somewhere we could see some activity. This wide shot from the next town over doesn't do it for me. I don't know maybe a camera on the start area. There's always milling about there.
My thoughts exactly!

Just point the camera at the starting line and have the shot zoomed in enough that we can to see what folks are doing as they line up. No extra cost involved and beats showing nothing!
Lando
1/28/2019 3:18pm
I think an interactive 360 camera would be awesome! Or even better, multiple static cameras that users can control I.e pick which one they want to watch or switch between them to follow the junior races
jathey
1/28/2019 4:22pm
No to the commercials. They run the same few commercials over and over and over and it's like Chinese water torture after a while.

If you listen closely during the breaks, you can hear the in house rider intros and post race podium interviews (just barely).

I think a cameraman following one of the top riders from their pre-race team powwow at the semi to lining up at the gate might be cool, but I'm not sure our sport allows for the candidness that might occur. Kind of like those 'walk to the stage' videos that many of the popular bands have.
JRT812
1/28/2019 4:31pm
Unreal. Not having them has been excellent in my opinion
Racer142
1/28/2019 9:33pm
I love how everybody circles the negative instead of understanding the intent. The op said I don't want to see barcia run out of gas over and over all night but I don't want the dead air either. It could be a highlight portion for local tracks in the area of the event or new products or something beneficial to the sport.

And I don't pay for TV so no watching it on Sunday or broadcast.

I love the pass and have used it since it came out for outdoors and like I said outdoors isn't near as much of a problem because the moto is 30+2 but indoors I find the dead air irritating.
SKlein
1/30/2019 8:36am
Racer142 wrote:
I love how everybody circles the negative instead of understanding the intent. The op said I don't want to see barcia run out of gas over...
I love how everybody circles the negative instead of understanding the intent. The op said I don't want to see barcia run out of gas over and over all night but I don't want the dead air either. It could be a highlight portion for local tracks in the area of the event or new products or something beneficial to the sport.

And I don't pay for TV so no watching it on Sunday or broadcast.

I love the pass and have used it since it came out for outdoors and like I said outdoors isn't near as much of a problem because the moto is 30+2 but indoors I find the dead air irritating.
What if during the dead air you use a certain moto forum to bench race? Seems like a perfect opportunity to waste a few minutes during the downtime, and said site even has advertisements that cater towards the moto scene. So if you decide bench racing isn't your thing you could still look at ads.
500guy
1/30/2019 8:48am
I would like a countdown clock if that is possible but definitely no commercials!
Yup, all I want to know is how long before I get to see some racing, the dead air doesn't bother me.
TDeath21
1/30/2019 8:51am
“I want commercials”

Umm .... What?

I love it. It’s cool to just see the stadium. Almost kinda feels like I’m there with nothing but the sound of motorcycles and the loud speaker.
1/30/2019 8:59am Edited Date/Time 1/30/2019 9:07am
I'm ok with the static camera, but why is it so distant with low sight-lines? It's like they are intentionally choosing the worst seat in the house, when they have full access to all the best stadium vantages.

Post a reply to: Commercial please! (Gold app)

The Latest