Comment on Stewart

P
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 6:22pm
I saw this from Matthes at RacerX:

James was pretty damn fast as well. He obviously looked different, and one trackside observer said to me that he now looks like every other rider out there, whereas before he really stood out with his bright gear and riding style.

I hate to say it, but I agree. I wonder if we will ever see parts of his old riding style again.............the good parts, not the crashes.

P
|
P
1/7/2009 1:13pm
CR250Rider wrote:
bs. he's still faster than hell.
Where did it say that he wasn't fast?

P
TheWeapon
Fantasy
53rd
1/7/2009 1:13pm
CR250Rider wrote:
I agree....though he did look a little sketchier than he has the past few seasons also IMO

The Shop

Titan
1/7/2009 1:14pm
I'm not sure it's so much that Stewart has changed HIS riding style (though he has), as much as it's that EVERYONE ELSE has changed theirs.

Now days everyone is scrubbing everything, and whipping the bike over every bump in the track...when a few years ago, it was just Stewart doing that stuff.

So of course his riding style doesn't stand out as much anymore...every other rider on the track has started riding just like him.

About the gear thing...I like the new look better.
huck
1/7/2009 1:14pm
CR250Rider wrote:
P wrote:

P
"he looks like every other rider"...

I think CR250Rider was paying him a compliment.
Wolfman
1/7/2009 1:19pm
Titan wrote:
I'm not sure it's so much that Stewart has changed HIS riding style (though he has), as much as it's that EVERYONE ELSE has changed theirs...
I'm not sure it's so much that Stewart has changed HIS riding style (though he has), as much as it's that EVERYONE ELSE has changed theirs.

Now days everyone is scrubbing everything, and whipping the bike over every bump in the track...when a few years ago, it was just Stewart doing that stuff.

So of course his riding style doesn't stand out as much anymore...every other rider on the track has started riding just like him.

About the gear thing...I like the new look better.
I agree with this guy.
P
1/7/2009 1:20pm
CR250Rider wrote:
P wrote:

P
huck wrote:

If you value being just like everyone else, then yeah, it would be a compliment.

P
mxracer32
1/7/2009 1:21pm
ive noticed that stewart scrubs less then most of the other top 10 riders out there. corner speed and braking points is where its at! just doesnt look as cool.
Motodude
1/7/2009 1:22pm
I'm sure they'll figure it out soon, but he has no team mate to develop/test the bike properly which at this level is almost as important as the star rider. I doubt Brooks is seriously thinking he would use himself to test. This year will be a test of character again for James, just like 07 when RC virtually broke him even in semi-retirement.

It goes to prove how not all bikes are the same and how to some riders a particular bike might be fantastic (Grant) while to others its a pos (James).
P
1/7/2009 1:23pm
mxracer32 wrote:
ive noticed that stewart scrubs less then most of the other top 10 riders out there. corner speed and braking points is where its at! just...
ive noticed that stewart scrubs less then most of the other top 10 riders out there. corner speed and braking points is where its at! just doesnt look as cool.
Yep.

P
Devil1nNj
1/7/2009 1:24pm
I think he has the ugliest bike in the pits that I have seen so far.
He is still blazing fast. If I remember correctly when Reed passed him, he fell to 2 seconds behind. He then made it up in one lap. He did look a little squirrely but at the speeds these guys are going, that's pretty understandable.

James appearance, gear, bike, graphics, and all that does look uncharacteristically plain, and uneventful. Remember his Pink gear in Vegas 2 years ago? I remember my wife seeing it in the pits saying, "There are sequence (sp) sewed or bedazzled on that gear." LOL
bogdan912
1/7/2009 1:25pm
I love how people say his bike is a POS but grants is great. It's all personal set up not the bike at that level. They've got some fine tuning to do, James rides a bike like no one else so they'll have to figure out how to make it suit him.. and they will.
1/7/2009 1:26pm
Holly shit people, are we talking about the same guy that just went undefeated outdoors or was that another James Stewart. People jump to conclusions after one race, unreal.
P
1/7/2009 1:30pm
Holly shit people, are we talking about the same guy that just went undefeated outdoors or was that another James Stewart. People jump to conclusions after...
Holly shit people, are we talking about the same guy that just went undefeated outdoors or was that another James Stewart. People jump to conclusions after one race, unreal.
Kawi forever.-Yamaha and a hand full of races.

MX-SX.

Big differneces.

P
huck
1/7/2009 1:36pm
P wrote:

P
huck wrote:

P wrote:
If you value being just like everyone else, then yeah, it would be a compliment.

P
What the fuck is your problem?

In your post, it said..."he looks like every other rider".

Then CR250 said..."BS, He's still fast".

Then you said..."Where did it say he wasn't fast".

Then I said...CR was paying him a compliment saying that he is still fast...saying that it's BS and he does not look like every other rider.

Take that fucking chip off your shoulder...

P
1/7/2009 1:37pm
huck wrote:

P wrote:

P
huck wrote:
What the fuck is your problem? In your post, it said..."he looks like every other rider". Then CR250 said..."BS, He's still fast". Then you said..."Where did...
What the fuck is your problem?

In your post, it said..."he looks like every other rider".

Then CR250 said..."BS, He's still fast".

Then you said..."Where did it say he wasn't fast".

Then I said...CR was paying him a compliment saying that he is still fast...saying that it's BS and he does not look like every other rider.

Take that fucking chip off your shoulder...

Relax dude, relax.

P
SIMX
1/7/2009 1:39pm

"he looks like every other rider"

There only two other guys he even remotely looks like.

James and Chad are on the super level, RV has a chance to join them. Other than that the 450 class is a wash. In my opinion and we all know about opinions, the only way another rider besides those three wins this year will take the "A1-'09 scenario"...all three being on the ground at some point.
Motodude
1/7/2009 1:39pm
Dominant season against 2nd string riders + inconsequential races on new bike with little proven testing = lost speed and lost form when up against supirior competition.

Its like he's been riding club events and now he's just lined up against the national guys. He'll have to rethink his whole setup and tactics now.
P
1/7/2009 1:43pm
Motodude wrote:
Dominant season against 2nd string riders[b] +[/b] inconsequential races on new bike with little proven testing [b]=[/b] lost speed and lost form when up against supirior...
Dominant season against 2nd string riders + inconsequential races on new bike with little proven testing = lost speed and lost form when up against supirior competition.

Its like he's been riding club events and now he's just lined up against the national guys. He'll have to rethink his whole setup and tactics now.
Maybe, but in the past when James has come back from time off (injuries) he's looked really good (Am. and Pro ranks). If anything I'd say it's the bike. He just doesn't look comfortable on it to me. You never know though.

P
Pdub
1/7/2009 1:48pm
I don't get it... maybe it's this head cold, but I was sitting in section 207 with a perfect view of the track all night long, and he looked like the same fantastic rider I saw at Glen Helen last year, just a different bike and different gear. Everyone says he looks different; I just don't see it.
P
1/7/2009 1:51pm
Pdub wrote:
I don't get it... maybe it's this head cold, but I was sitting in section 207 with a perfect view of the track all night long...
I don't get it... maybe it's this head cold, but I was sitting in section 207 with a perfect view of the track all night long, and he looked like the same fantastic rider I saw at Glen Helen last year, just a different bike and different gear. Everyone says he looks different; I just don't see it.
Some chicks boobs must have been blocking your view. You're a pimp like that!!WinkSmile

P
Pdub
1/7/2009 1:55pm
Pdub wrote:
I don't get it... maybe it's this head cold, but I was sitting in section 207 with a perfect view of the track all night long...
P wrote:
Some chicks boobs must have been blocking your view. You're a pimp like that!!WinkSmile

P
Nah, I'm an ass man. Wait a minute...
P
1/7/2009 2:01pm
Pdub wrote:
P wrote:

P
Pdub wrote:
Nah, I'm an ass man. Wait a minute...
Yeah, but you know how they grow them out west...................Wink

P
Racer92
1/7/2009 2:02pm
I dont know that James looked any different, but his bike handled lots different and he was having to react accordingly. Not a slam on the Yamabog, but James was lots smoother on the Green bike.
P
1/7/2009 2:04pm
Racer92 wrote:
I dont know that James looked any different, but his bike handled lots different and he was having to react accordingly. Not a slam on the...
I dont know that James looked any different, but his bike handled lots different and he was having to react accordingly. Not a slam on the Yamabog, but James was lots smoother on the Green bike.
I think so too.

P
Motodude
1/7/2009 2:05pm
Reminds me of 06 when he rode the KX250 2 stroke chopper.
Racer92
1/7/2009 2:05pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
6 laps down, 320 to go...
Very true. They outta have the blue tractor tweaked to his liking soon enough.

Post a reply to: Comment on Stewart

The Latest