"Coming down to the starts"

steveada
3/29/2017 4:52am
Why would you want all the top guys at the front of every start? Talk about making supercross more boring. Tomac at the front of the staggered start, gets the holeshot. Yawn. 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th on the staggered start fall into 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th place. Yaawn. Tomac with 15 second lead by third lap. Yaaaaaawn. Great battle for 15th place as the little split sceen at the bottom shows Tomac riding around by himself. zzzzzzzzzzzz.
resetjet
3/29/2017 5:03am
Nothing wrong with the starts. They have always been the same MOL. The problem is that the skill levels and bikes have advanced to the point where the lap times are so close in the top 10 as the tracks are one lined and just plain to fast. When I watch the gopros going through the rhythm sections its insane. The answer is not to make it a rhythm section. You have to build the track up which takes more dirt which is expensive. However I feel they could use pipes or molded plastic underlays to offset the dirt.

The track has to be be more unpredictable. More mistakes need to be made by the riders. But not mistakes at 30 mph like happened to KR.
Acidreamer
3/29/2017 5:14am
resetjet wrote:
Nothing wrong with the starts. They have always been the same MOL. The problem is that the skill levels and bikes have advanced to the point...
Nothing wrong with the starts. They have always been the same MOL. The problem is that the skill levels and bikes have advanced to the point where the lap times are so close in the top 10 as the tracks are one lined and just plain to fast. When I watch the gopros going through the rhythm sections its insane. The answer is not to make it a rhythm section. You have to build the track up which takes more dirt which is expensive. However I feel they could use pipes or molded plastic underlays to offset the dirt.

The track has to be be more unpredictable. More mistakes need to be made by the riders. But not mistakes at 30 mph like happened to KR.
Theres no reason to make them make more mistakes. The fact is that there has been, and always will be 3ish guys way ahead of the field in every sport at every level. If you want closer racing you need more people at the same skill level. But even then, youll have the same guys out front that are .1% better than the others in their group.

Sx isnt broken. Bring herlings and some others from mxgp over to compete with dungey and tomac..
bobojim
3/29/2017 6:12am
mx617 wrote:
For about half a lap, then the fastest guy will be out front and win by 10sec at the end. Racing is way better if guys...
For about half a lap, then the fastest guy will be out front and win by 10sec at the end. Racing is way better if guys are coming through the pack.
Disagree. Why was last weeks 250 race good and the 450 ho hum? In the 250 there 4 fast guys up front at the start.

The Shop

bobojim
3/29/2017 6:17am
steveada wrote:
Why would you want all the top guys at the front of every start? Talk about making supercross more boring. Tomac at the front of the...
Why would you want all the top guys at the front of every start? Talk about making supercross more boring. Tomac at the front of the staggered start, gets the holeshot. Yawn. 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th on the staggered start fall into 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th place. Yaawn. Tomac with 15 second lead by third lap. Yaaaaaawn. Great battle for 15th place as the little split sceen at the bottom shows Tomac riding around by himself. zzzzzzzzzzzz.
Dont agree. Put Tomac and Dungey next to each other. Last race there were 10 guys on the same second in qual. Most of them were way back after the start. This only makes it easier for the 2 - 4 of them that get a good start.
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
3/29/2017 6:27am
It comes down to the start because the tracks are shit. If the tracks allowed for better racing, this problem with the start wouldn't be so big.
kkawboy14
3/29/2017 6:32am
disbanded wrote:
It comes down to the start because the tracks are shit. If the tracks allowed for better racing, this problem with the start wouldn't be so...
It comes down to the start because the tracks are shit. If the tracks allowed for better racing, this problem with the start wouldn't be so big.
What do you want? A flat oval?
tcallahan707
3/29/2017 7:05am
I vote for no holeshot devices, traction control, or lights that tell the rider they are in the sweet spot. I want to see pure talent win.
Question
3/29/2017 7:17am
It comes down to speed between the top 3, to starts between the top 4 to 7, then sorry but it seems to be about fitness between top 8 to top 20. This opinion comes from the qualification times: 1 second difference between the pole and top 10, but 60 seconds after 25 laps.
tcallahan707
3/29/2017 7:36am
Question wrote:
It comes down to speed between the top 3, to starts between the top 4 to 7, then sorry but it seems to be about fitness...
It comes down to speed between the top 3, to starts between the top 4 to 7, then sorry but it seems to be about fitness between top 8 to top 20. This opinion comes from the qualification times: 1 second difference between the pole and top 10, but 60 seconds after 25 laps.
While I do agree that fitness is on a different level for the top dudes, I think it's more of a reflection of consistency. All these dudes are gnarly and can throw down a lap, but to hit your marks at that speed lap after lap is so difficult. Then throw in battles that slow guys down, lost time just on the first half lap, settling into the pace around you and you'll have a major part of the discrepancy from the top 3 and 4-10.
3/29/2017 7:42am
Okay I completely agree we should not have the Moto GP style , but we should consider split gate with a split lane.
Less crowded on both sides , then it will
Allow for the first separation per lane , then when they meet back up hopefully less wrecks!
And that will allow the first 4 to 8 riders do battle while the pack configures its self out.
peelout
3/29/2017 9:06am
kkawboy14 wrote:
What do you want? A flat oval?
disbanded wrote:
Yes, a flat oval.
with grass and natural hills and wood stakes god dammit
Mit12
3/29/2017 10:48am
Who would have thought that the longer races would be helping Dungey!
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
3/29/2017 10:56am Edited Date/Time 3/29/2017 10:56am
imo they all need to be on equal equipment
and on bikes closer to stock
if they all have stock suspension , stock motors and off the shelf tires , they would be going a little slower

Post a reply to: "Coming down to the starts"

The Latest