Come on, who has one? 18 yellow 450.

Related:
Create New Tag

2/3/2018 8:37 PM

I've read alot on them from shoot outs and such, but I wanna hear a normal dudes review who has bought one. If you have one, what have you done to it? Pics?

|

2/3/2018 9:52 PM

Wouldn't mind hearing from some 18 Suzuki owners myself

|

2/3/2018 10:08 PM

I put a deposit on one and went to pick it up today and it was sold.

Scroll down to TeamGreen’s post in this thread...

https://m.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Suzuki-going-out-of-business,1333734

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

2/4/2018 12:16 AM

I was all set to buy one until I rode a mates new yz450f. I'm staying on blue now.

|

2/4/2018 12:38 AM

What’s new about it?

|

Part of Speech: Noun

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.

Usage: Slang

2/4/2018 4:07 AM

Racer111 wrote:

I put a deposit on one and went to pick it up today and it was sold.

Scroll down to TeamGreen’s post in this thread...

https://m.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Suzuki-going-out-of-business,1333734

That’s just crazy unless a date in the agreement was missed.

Sounds like a Canadian Tire move, but a lot mo money.

|

JS7 is the most entertaining rider since Hannah, my first hero,. even living in the frozen north.
Dirt biking from 11 to late 50’s, loves wood riding on the old 525.

2/4/2018 4:34 AM

I haven't even seen one in the flesh yet! But a Facebook friend has one and is raving about it. He's a pretty fast vet racer and has owned many different 450s over the years.

|

2/4/2018 7:16 AM

Buddy of mine says it’s a better version of his 15. He likes it a lot more then the 15 but not leaps and bounds different or better.

|

2/4/2018 7:20 AM

the 15-17 models that are going for ridiculous blowout prices are the deal of the century. Too bad about the shit triple air nonsense fork

|

ride

2/4/2018 8:52 AM

user760a wrote:

the 15-17 models that are going for ridiculous blowout prices are the deal of the century. Too bad about the shit triple air nonsense fork

It’s really not that big a deal to take care of the air fork. Factory Connection, racetech, and others (TBT Racing) will convert it to a spring fork and after that it’s a winner.

I had TBT convert my TAC fork to Showa sff spring and I have zero complaints and works great.

|

2/4/2018 10:56 AM

pdub187 wrote:

I was all set to buy one until I rode a mates new yz450f. I'm staying on blue now.

+1

|

2/4/2018 11:00 AM

Do they still come with titanium footpegs?

|

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.

2/4/2018 11:07 AM

Was told by a friend that races pro and rides Suzuki’s that he wished he would have been able to stay on the 17. He truly feels that the 17 chassis is way better and he hates the new shock on the 18. He told my dad to keep his 17.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

2/4/2018 11:10 AM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Was told by a friend that races pro and rides Suzuki’s that he wished he would have been able to stay on the 17. He truly feels that the 17 chassis is way better and he hates the new shock on the 18. He told my dad to keep his 17.

Is your mate who races pro receiving ANY form of support from either suzuki or a suzuki dealer? (I assume so as he's riding one, if he doesn't like it why does he stick with it otherwise?)

If he is receiving some kind of support, shouldn't he be talking the product UP rather than down??

|

2/4/2018 11:17 AM

This is the very same RMZ from the Vital 2018 450 shootout...I’ve been riding it for a few months and had a “conflicted” opinion about it in the shootout which is on the home page. I asked to ride it for a while so that I could figure out the shock...which is very different than the old shock and takes a while to figure out. Photo

Photo

I’m often asked about the bike & you can see how I’m putting it thru it’s paces and what’s getting tried out/tested on it over in Bike Builds titled The Vital MX 2018 RMZ450 "Shootout Bike"
Since it was a VERY early bike, companies like Mettec & MotoHose have used it to test products...all of which has gone really, really well

Moto Hoses & Mettec Drilled Ti shroud flange bolts
Photo

Photo

Photo

Galfer Superlight Tsunami HUGE front brake rotor, pads and brake-line (lighter than stock)

Photo

I’m really enjoying days at the track in this bike.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

2/4/2018 11:37 AM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

I wouldn’t make much of that assessment.

1. His 2017 chassis likely has a ton of hours on it. It is well broken in and he’s grown accustomed to it’s flex. His 2018 is brand new and stiff.

2. Suzuki has a history going back almost 40 years of making GREAT chassis. It’s the one thing they do great and never get wrong while their competitors have had plenty of misses. I highly doubt Suzuki forgot what they’re doing.

|

2/4/2018 12:27 PM

So far I love mine, it is little on the tame side power wise compared to the yz I came off of. But it turns way better. I got my suspension revalved and springs on it and it’s even better, got bars coming and going to get a pipe soon and some misc stuff but so far I’m loving it, shock seems fine to me but have yet to ride anything really rough or rutted. Photo

|

2/4/2018 12:39 PM

When people tell me their 17 was waaaay better than their 18...

I have to remind them they’re talking about a bike that’s got a decade of development behind it versus a bike that they’ve probably only ridden for a few HOURS. The new bike handles AWESOME. The new bike has a shock that’s a PIA. The old bike had a shock that was AMAZING. The motor is virtually unchanged. The new forks are what everyone wanted and once they’re sprung, preloaded and adjusted correctly...THEY ARE EXCELLENT.

|

2/4/2018 5:07 PM

Anyone know where to get plastics for the bike?

|

WFO #229

2/4/2018 5:16 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

This is the very same RMZ from the Vital 2018 450 shootout...I’ve been riding it for a few months and had a “conflicted” opinion about it in the shootout which is on the home page. I asked to ride it for a while so that I could figure out the shock...which is very different than the old shock and takes a while to figure out. Photo

Photo

I’m often asked about the bike & you can see how I’m putting it thru it’s paces and what’s getting tried out/tested on it over in Bike Builds titled The Vital MX 2018 RMZ450 "Shootout Bike"
Since it was a VERY early bike, companies like Mettec & MotoHose have used it to test products...all of which has gone really, really well

Photo

Photo

Photo

Galfer Superlight Tsunami HUGE front brake rotor, pads and brake-line (lighter than stock)

Photo

Put a pipe on it already. :-)

|

2/4/2018 5:21 PM

nadeauracing229 wrote:

Anyone know where to get plastics for the bike?

Acerbis quoted me mid February.

So far I'm loving mine. I loved the 17 and after some riding time and a few tweaks to make it fit me I'm loving it

|

2/4/2018 5:37 PM

user760a wrote:

You have that right. Most underrated bike of all time.

|

2/4/2018 5:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/4/2018 5:52 PM

Plastic: I think only Suzuki at the moment

|

2/4/2018 6:13 PM

Wanna keep my stock plastics for resale guess it’s a good thing we got snow still lol hopefully cycra comes out with the stadium plate to

|

WFO #229

2/4/2018 6:16 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Racer111 wrote:

In a week or two. Trying to do this in stages and don’t want to swap pipes until Jamie can Dyno it “before and after”.

|

2/4/2018 6:53 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Racer111 wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

In a week or two. Trying to do this in stages and don’t want to swap pipes until Jamie can Dyno it “before and after”.

Which pipe are you thinking? Yoshi? I’d like to see how a DR. D or Bills Pipes works on it.

|