Come on dan hubbard

Jeff alessi
Edited Date/Time 2/20/2021 10:00am
I know you haven’t been doing supercross long but Vince wasn’t being lapped when him and pieck crashed at Anaheim. If your going to open your mouth live on tv make sure your facts are correct, that was for a final transfer spot in a semi and was the final lap. Not the main, not when they were coming around to lap him. It was for position. This is becoming a joke and I don’t know how Daniel Blair can sit next to this guy and not want to walk off. I raced that night, Facts buddy.

The way they showed everything on tv right now was ASS BACKWARDS! You have to lead in with context when you show a past situation, not twist it into whatever you think fans will believe, that’s deceiving!! That’s NOT how professional sports are!!

Beyond pissed off over this. It’s a joke.
|
kkawboy14
2/13/2021 10:52am
Dudes kind of boring.....maybe people like boring?
plowboy
2/13/2021 10:59am
I know you haven’t been doing supercross long but Vince wasn’t being lapped when him and pieck crashed at Anaheim. If your going to open your...
I know you haven’t been doing supercross long but Vince wasn’t being lapped when him and pieck crashed at Anaheim. If your going to open your mouth live on tv make sure your facts are correct, that was for a final transfer spot in a semi and was the final lap. Not the main, not when they were coming around to lap him. It was for position. This is becoming a joke and I don’t know how Daniel Blair can sit next to this guy and not want to walk off. I raced that night, Facts buddy.

The way they showed everything on tv right now was ASS BACKWARDS! You have to lead in with context when you show a past situation, not twist it into whatever you think fans will believe, that’s deceiving!! That’s NOT how professional sports are!!

Beyond pissed off over this. It’s a joke.
Calm yourself bro. You know the truth and now we do too. Off topic...are you still in Victorville? Thinking about visiting family there sometime this summer and maybe you could drop by for a steak and beverage.

The Shop

2/13/2021 11:14am
It really is crazy that they couldn’t find someone with some basic knowledge of moto to fill that seat. He really has nothing to offer, and he should stop pretending that he does.
2/13/2021 11:16am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Seems ok to me, the guys not allowed to vent?
Yes, but pick your battles...because the vital crowd is going to focus in on this with laser precision.
kkawboy14
2/13/2021 11:17am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Seems ok to me, the guys not allowed to vent?
Yes, but pick your battles...because the vital crowd is going to focus in on this with laser precision.
Laser?......I see what you did there 😀

Jeff can take whatever is dished out.
str8line
2/13/2021 11:25am
gt80rider wrote:
Gotta love a good alessi meltdown....

I like the transparency/honesty. Always good to hear from guys who have lived it, so keep bringing it Jeff!
Jeff alessi
2/13/2021 11:26am Edited Date/Time 2/13/2021 11:28am
You can see how uncomfortable the guy is sitting in his own chair after every word he speaks. The guy simply doesn’t know anything about the sport. We need someone that actually has been there and watched the sport. I feel like I’m listening to someone’s uncle talk about the sport, not a Ricky Carmichael or Daniel Blair. It’s embarrassing and all wrong.
plowboy
2/13/2021 11:28am
I am so grateful that all the silly things I did in my twenties were not captured on the everlasting internet. I'd be in prison most likely. Jeff has a unique perspective that most of us don't so I'm always happy to see what he thinks about things.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
2/13/2021 11:29am
ocscottie wrote:
RDL is barely watchable nowadays.
I agree. I like watching just to see the qualifying RACING, which means more racing. I don't need Daniel "I Love Drama" Blair along with Dan misspeaking with the purpose of pushing for more drama. It comes off as fabricated and quite frankly off putting. They think it brings eyeballs to the sport, but for hardcore fans, it pushes us away. In general I think Blair does a good job during the night show broadcast, I just can't stand his constant drama-pimping. That's why I stopped listening to his podcast (along with producer Joe). He thinks drama is what people want. The folks I know can't stand it when its pimped and semi-fabricated. Quality racing, industry professionalism, quality broadcast, etc. is what most people want. Save the drama for Hallmark movies.
gt80rider
2/13/2021 11:31am
ocscottie wrote:
RDL is barely watchable nowadays.
This is truth.... i turn the volume off..... who is the rc guy in a chair that was calling races? Geezus get him in to do the day show....
str8line
2/13/2021 11:34am
You can see how uncomfortable the guy is sitting in his own chair after every word he speaks. The guy simply doesn’t know anything about the...
You can see how uncomfortable the guy is sitting in his own chair after every word he speaks. The guy simply doesn’t know anything about the sport. We need someone that actually has been there and watched the sport. I feel like I’m listening to someone’s uncle talk about the sport, not a Ricky Carmichael or Daniel Blair. It’s embarrassing and all wrong.

I agree. Daniel with guests at each round would be better. Get Weege, Fro, Holley, or local heavies in there for cameos. Maybe other industry guys for interviews who are already at the race. Gotta be a better way.
plowboy
2/13/2021 11:35am
You can see how uncomfortable the guy is sitting in his own chair after every word he speaks. The guy simply doesn’t know anything about the...
I doubt seriously he is speaking his mind. Most likely he is reading what the producers gave him. He seems like a fan and he doesn't stumble all over his self. I don't think our little sport is ever going to get top tier announcers.
2/13/2021 11:42am
There are only so many people "in the know" who are qualified to fit your mold, and many of them do not speak articulate enough to be a live commentator. There are also budgets to work with to hire these people. This is not an easy job, at all.

-If they put someone exciting and contraversial in there like J-Law people will complain about grammar, professionalism, and him not being a good role model to "grow the sport"
-If they put someone like Dan in there who's articulate and flows well for mainstream America, people complain and call him boring not an expert.
-If they put the GOAT on there who's more knowledge than anyone, people complain about his dictation.
-Ralph- excitable tone but made some mistakes - he got roasted by everyone....you can't win

There is no perfect commentator for everyone...and the best of the best don't fit in the budget for RDL.

USA
Fantasy
507th
2/13/2021 11:50am
Jeff is right. Also, getting rid of Jim Holley is still such a terrible move.
WoodsRacer
Fantasy
2893rd
2/13/2021 11:57am Edited Date/Time 2/14/2021 5:52pm
Jeff, could you provide a timeline on this issue? Asking for a friend...
slipdog
2/13/2021 12:08pm
Aaron Enticknap takes the last transfer spot to the 450 main event!
Xeno
2/13/2021 12:15pm
I wish they would focus more on Daniel Blair.

Seriously, focus the video camera- Daniel is blurry.
MyBobbym
2/13/2021 12:17pm
You pay peanuts... you get monkey's. What's his pay? I have no idea but it can't be much.
TogaSet
Fantasy
3906th
2/13/2021 12:18pm Edited Date/Time 2/13/2021 12:25pm
Way to go Hubbard ! He just said it will be great to see ferrandis back battling Jeremy Martin when the other coast 250 guys show up next weekend
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
2/13/2021 12:45pm
If a laser hits Dan in the eyes during a broadcast, I know who they are coming for. Just saying...
ShawdowGlen
2/13/2021 12:48pm
Dropping Holley for RDL continues to be a total disaster.....

luke11
Fantasy
2280th
2/13/2021 12:49pm
Not a fan of this Hubbard either.
Confused Noren for Bowers earlier, literally the only similarity is they’re both on kawi 🙄
elsinore
2/13/2021 12:49pm
Holley made RDL... pay up and bring back Hollywood!

Post a reply to: Come on dan hubbard

The Latest