Colorado trip

FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
Edited Date/Time 5/29/2018 8:17am
Had such a great time last year with advice from here that we decided to do it again this year. Rented that same sick house in Golden about 10 minutes to the track, private with popular trails right behind it. The house wasnt available until the week after the national so we booked another crazy cabin on 37 private acres on the water with a boat in Breckenridge for the first half of our stay. You can rent amazing houses for quite a bit less than around here.
Amatuer day was Friday last year and was fun to watch and check out the good viewing areas. Spent some time on the hill too. Great track and i feel like its a good length but kind of skinny lanes compared to most. Can't wait.
I noticed Zack kind of rides conservative there. Last year he putted around but was so aggressive at other races. I wonder if he gets altitude sickness like Anderson? Hope he pins it this year. Bogle got his first win and Alex won a moto too.
Does anyone have any tips for good times while we are there? We did a lot of the suggestions from last year. Thanks. Have to get on laptop for moto pics. These houses we rented are silly though. Especially since its just my wife and I. Good times.
|

The Shop

FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
5/27/2018 7:48pm
The coors factory is in Golden if you like beer!
Thank you. Couldn't miss it. What a beautiful place.

rohleder644
5/27/2018 8:48pm
Do you mind me asking what the rental set you back?
ktmdan
5/27/2018 9:54pm
I rode in Pitkin a few years ago. Rode all day and didn't hit the same trail twice. Did a few hill climbs above the tree line. I got to spend the evening on a trials bike too.

If you get the chance to downhill mtb in winter park do it. It's the only thing I've done that is more fun than moto. I'll be there in august.
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
5/27/2018 10:44pm Edited Date/Time 5/29/2018 8:17am
Winter Park hasn't opened the bike park yet.

Things to do
Red Rocks, Union Station, any local brewery besides Coors, like New Terrain or Great Divide or Wynkoop or Renegade or Oscar Blues, hike or bike Dakota Ridge also known as Dinosaur Ridge, you should check out The Source in Denver for a unique shopping-eating experience, Golden main street is awesome, Morrison main street is pretty good for some crappy food, drive to the top of Lookout Mountain, drive to Idaho Springs, flagship REI in Denver, catch a Rockies game, the road to Mt Evans is now open and is one of the few 14ers where you can drive to the top. Man, there is just so much stuff to do around here - I could go on forever...
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
5/28/2018 4:24am
400 a day but this is on the high end. You can get an amazing house for $75 a night too. We use vrbo.com for rental booking.
Panic_Rev
5/28/2018 5:04am
White water the Arkansas river. Recommend doing a stretch named The Numbers. Should be about 25 minute drive from Breckenridge.
Panic_Rev
5/28/2018 5:07am
disbanded wrote:
Winter Park hasn't opened the bike park yet. Things to do Red Rocks, Union Station, any local brewery besides Coors, like New Terrain or Great Divide...
Winter Park hasn't opened the bike park yet.

Things to do
Red Rocks, Union Station, any local brewery besides Coors, like New Terrain or Great Divide or Wynkoop or Renegade or Oscar Blues, hike or bike Dakota Ridge also known as Dinosaur Ridge, you should check out The Source in Denver for a unique shopping-eating experience, Golden main street is awesome, Morrison main street is pretty good for some crappy food, drive to the top of Lookout Mountain, drive to Idaho Springs, flagship REI in Denver, catch a Rockies game, the road to Mt Evans is now open and is one of the few 14ers where you can drive to the top. Man, there is just so much stuff to do around here - I could go on forever...
Have you ever had Coda beer? He lives in Golden.
5280mx
5/28/2018 7:27am
If you're into cars, check out the Golden cruise Saturday night...epic assortment of classic vehicles with some exotics mixed in. Enjoy your trip! Just please don't move here, it's a terrible place to live Wink
Bike Rat
5/28/2018 7:49am
Throw a pre party for all us Moto nuts. Then let’s tide Dakota ridge
Solidkm
5/28/2018 8:03am
Golden car cruise will be that night after the race. That’s oretty legit if you like cars
Trevor91
5/28/2018 8:07am
If you want to drive about 20 min north of golden, right outside of boulder is some great hiking trails at the flat irons! It's not a super long hike but definitely a cool area.
Manco
5/28/2018 9:36am
Dude, when in Rome...
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
5/28/2018 12:24pm
Panic_Rev wrote:
Have you ever had Coda beer? He lives in Golden.
Haven't tried that one yet, but it's now on the list.
rohleder644
5/28/2018 2:29pm
FLmxer wrote:
400 a day but this is on the high end. You can get an amazing house for $75 a night too. We use vrbo.com for rental...
400 a day but this is on the high end. You can get an amazing house for $75 a night too. We use vrbo.com for rental booking.
Thanks, I'll check that site out. I just spent waaayyy too much on a shitty hotel in Colorado Springs for the holiday weekend.
vetmxr
5/28/2018 6:54pm Edited Date/Time 5/28/2018 6:55pm
This may not be for you But I really enjoy renting downhill bikes at Keystone mountain and riding the gondola up and riding a full suspension bike down......may be to far into the mountains for you. Very fun
chrisg19
Fantasy
4437th
5/28/2018 8:38pm
vetmxr wrote:
This may not be for you But I really enjoy renting downhill bikes at Keystone mountain and riding the gondola up and riding a full suspension...
This may not be for you But I really enjoy renting downhill bikes at Keystone mountain and riding the gondola up and riding a full suspension bike down......may be to far into the mountains for you. Very fun
Pretty sure the bike park opens June 8th. Could be wrong though.
Solidkm
5/28/2018 8:57pm
vetmxr wrote:
This may not be for you But I really enjoy renting downhill bikes at Keystone mountain and riding the gondola up and riding a full suspension...
What’s that cost?
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
5/28/2018 9:07pm Edited Date/Time 5/28/2018 9:11pm
vetmxr wrote:
Solidkm wrote:
What’s that cost?
$48 for a single day pass to Keystone. Winter Park is usually a few bucks cheaper or just about the same.
Plus rental cost if you don't have the bike or gear. It's not particularly cheap... But it's worth it!

I prefer Winter Park, but Keystone is awesome too. They are replacing the main lift at Winter Park, so I don't know how this will affect the overall bike traffic this season. The other lifts are still supposed to serve from top to bottom.

Keystone opens June 8th and Winter Park opens June 16th.
5/28/2018 9:37pm
Locals, any suggestions for camping with in an hour radius or so of the track. I have lifted and locked 4 Runner with roof top tent. Prefer camping in the bush versus developed camp ground.

Thank you in advance.

Bike Rat
5/28/2018 10:28pm
Locals, any suggestions for camping with in an hour radius or so of the track. I have lifted and locked 4 Runner with roof top tent...
Locals, any suggestions for camping with in an hour radius or so of the track. I have lifted and locked 4 Runner with roof top tent. Prefer camping in the bush versus developed camp ground.

Thank you in advance.

Camping suggestions. rampart range if you have a motorcycle with ya. Buffalo creek if you have a mtb.
GTAmuscle
5/28/2018 10:31pm
Go to Idaho Springs and enjoy some Tommyknockers beer and some Beau Jo’s pizza... don’t forget honey on the crust!
Sully
5/28/2018 11:24pm
The coors factory is in Golden if you like beer!
A statement like that'll get a man kicked out of Oregon.

Post a reply to: Colorado trip

The Latest