College with MX track

12/23/2011 4:48pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 3:58pm
hey guys i go to liberty university, and they have a MX track just figured i spread the word for all others thinking of college but dont wanna leave their bike at home. there's some videos on youtube and stuff its small but hey its free and right up the road!
|
mx 219
Fantasy
1150th
12/23/2011 4:53pm
I went to LU for a year...great time, WAY TOO MUCH MONEY. $24K a year...never did make it up to the track. I saw maybe 2-3 bikes down there total, though Im sure someone rides there.
Tim507
12/23/2011 5:44pm
In the early Seventies, when i found out that to go to college meant NO DIRT BIKES! Well with no consideration for my future the choice was easy - Dirt BikesSmile

Have never regretted that decision!
jleews6
12/23/2011 5:50pm
Can you ride the track if you dont go to LU? I would love to bring my son to ride because I only live about 20 minutes away at Smith mountan lake.

The Shop

mx 219
Fantasy
1150th
12/23/2011 5:58pm Edited Date/Time 12/23/2011 5:59pm
jleews6 wrote:
Can you ride the track if you dont go to LU? I would love to bring my son to ride because I only live about 20...
Can you ride the track if you dont go to LU? I would love to bring my son to ride because I only live about 20 minutes away at Smith mountan lake.
Im going to say no based on this link..check it out then. Maybe you can convince Michael to let you go riding a few times. Could take your son to ride and you could just spectate (I know not ideal). I dont know why they wouldnt open it up to others for $10-20 a time as long as you obey the rules.

LU MX Policy
jleews6
12/23/2011 6:08pm
jleews6 wrote:
Can you ride the track if you dont go to LU? I would love to bring my son to ride because I only live about 20...
mx 219 wrote:
Im going to say no based on this link..check it out then. Maybe you can convince Michael to let you go riding a few times. Could...
Im going to say no based on this link..check it out then. Maybe you can convince Michael to let you go riding a few times. Could take your son to ride and you could just spectate (I know not ideal). I dont know why they wouldnt open it up to others for $10-20 a time as long as you obey the rules.

LU MX Policy
Thanks for the link. Michael ,if you ever need someone to ride with let me know. My son is a fast B rider that would love to have another place to ride. If you want another place to ride ,my friend owns a track thats about 30 minutes from LU and we can ride when ever we want.
John
12/23/2011 6:26pm
jleews6 wrote:
mx 219 wrote:
Im going to say no based on this link..check it out then. Maybe you can convince Michael to let you go riding a few times. Could...

LU MX Policy
jleews6 wrote:
Thanks for the link. Michael ,if you ever need someone to ride with let me know. My son is a fast B rider that would love...
Thanks for the link. Michael ,if you ever need someone to ride with let me know. My son is a fast B rider that would love to have another place to ride. If you want another place to ride ,my friend owns a track thats about 30 minutes from LU and we can ride when ever we want.
John
ya i dont have a problem with that im always trying to find new people to ride with. i actually just got my cast off i broke my wrist so ill be back up and riding soon! do you go to birch creek, sugar tree, halstead or anything else around here perhaps we can meet up and ride at one of those tracks one day, and id be glad to let you come out with me to the track. BTW what track does your friend own?
jleews6
12/24/2011 4:38am
mx 219 wrote:

LU MX Policy
jleews6 wrote:
Thanks for the link. Michael ,if you ever need someone to ride with let me know. My son is a fast B rider that would love...
John
ya i dont have a problem with that im always trying to find new people to ride with. i actually just got my cast off i...
ya i dont have a problem with that im always trying to find new people to ride with. i actually just got my cast off i broke my wrist so ill be back up and riding soon! do you go to birch creek, sugar tree, halstead or anything else around here perhaps we can meet up and ride at one of those tracks one day, and id be glad to let you come out with me to the track. BTW what track does your friend own?
My friend is the owner of Halsteads motorsports in Rocky mount and We can ride there when ever you want. We also go to Birch and sugartree all the time. All the private tracks around this area are being closed down so those three are really the only places to ride.
12/24/2011 4:27pm
Ferrum College, which isn't too far off has a track 15 mins from the school as well.
docweedon
12/24/2011 7:14pm
Cal State San Bernardino is 10 min. away from Glen Helen, 30 min away from Milestone, 30 min away from Comp Edge, 45 min away from Racetown, 45 min away from Starwest and Perris, 60 min away from Lake Elsinore, 90 min away from Cahuilla, The Ranch and Pala.
yzkrazy219
12/24/2011 8:36pm
Ferrum College, which isn't too far off has a track 15 mins from the school as well.
Yea Halstead mx is only about 10 mins from ferrum college.
12/26/2011 7:16pm
ya but this college owns and operates the track so its free for college students and they have free storage, not all college students have a place to put their bike at college even if a track is around. plus its free to ride here if your a student
mx 219
Fantasy
1150th
12/26/2011 9:09pm
ya but this college owns and operates the track so its free for college students and they have free storage, not all college students have a...
ya but this college owns and operates the track so its free for college students and they have free storage, not all college students have a place to put their bike at college even if a track is around. plus its free to ride here if your a student
Im going down to LU to visit friends during my spring break (the week before yours) might have to actually go check it out.
jleews6
12/27/2011 5:47am
ya but this college owns and operates the track so its free for college students and they have free storage, not all college students have a...
Thats great. More schools should this. Do they actually take care of the track and plow it? Or is it just something that was built years ago and left alone?
APLMAN99
12/27/2011 7:56am
mx 219 wrote:
I went to LU for a year...great time, WAY TOO MUCH MONEY. $24K a year...never did make it up to the track. I saw maybe 2-3...
I went to LU for a year...great time, WAY TOO MUCH MONEY. $24K a year...never did make it up to the track. I saw maybe 2-3 bikes down there total, though Im sure someone rides there.
That seems pretty cheap for a private school.

I hope my son doesn't research that school, though. With that snowflex center he'd never get to class!
CRF107
12/27/2011 9:18am
I graduated from LU in 2005, I wish they had that back then!
MX_Andrew83
12/27/2011 9:33am
I live in Central VA, There are like 6 or more private tracks within 25 mins of my house, if you are ever over this way pm me for sure.
Mx4life320
Fantasy
2761st
12/27/2011 9:46am
Yea, I had like 2 by my college. With in 30 minutes. 3 if we count flat tracks. And then i met a guy at school who had his own track. But the problem for me was not havig tracks near the track, but a place to store the bike. I didnt bring mine down until i had a house were i could store my enclosed and that i trusted. I had clsoe to 12K Invested in at the point, thats a steep number to park anywhere. And I am sure i am on the smaller end of the spectrum
12/27/2011 10:08am
I think it would be cool to have an mx track, but I would have to weigh that against going to a college that teaches its students that the Earth was created 10,000 years ago (Creationsim). No offense to you, but you might want to mention the school's orientation, which is radically religious.

Post a reply to: College with MX track

The Latest